What are you doing right now? Part II

Wide awake at 3:30 am with a horrible cold...can't find the Nyquil. This is my first cold in like ten years. Hubby shared his with me.

Yeah, my hubby is down with a terrible cough and feeling bad, probably flu. We usually share too.

Feel better soon, Angel.

Just fully updated my Amtrak profile. Address and password changed. Hmm. I might change my email, too, since I don't use Outlook as much as I would like.

Getting my day off to a very bad start. Not exactly how I wanted to start Tuesday morning. Oh well. Hopefully it'll get better as the day progresses, but let me do say that there are certain things I need to be careful about.

Making plans to go somewhere a little later on today, and afterwards stop by the fire station on Clark to inquire about a fire alarm for my needs.

Staring in dismay at outside my office window. We are in the middle of an ice storm. The drive in to work (30 miles) was at 30 mph vs. 70 mph. I can only imagine what going home is going to be like. :(

EDIT TO ADD: It was so freezing rain/ice when I was driving in that, despite the car being warm, it was already glazed over with ice when I got into work. That's how bad the ice is coming down. My poor new car !!!

Staring in dismay at outside my office window. We are in the middle of an ice storm. The drive in to work (30 miles) was at 30 mph vs. 70 mph. I can only imagine what going home is going to be like. :(

EDIT TO ADD: It was so freezing rain/ice when I was driving in that, despite the car being warm, it was already glazed over with ice when I got into work. That's how bad the ice is coming down. My poor new car !!!

Wow, that sounds dan...ger...ous!! Praying you get home safely, and please,please,please don't send it over here.

Wow, that sounds dan...ger...ous!! Praying you get home safely, and please,please,please don't send it over here.

I will try my best to not send it your way !! :) It looks as if it might be tapering off now. Not sure, I don't see it coming down any more. I can only hope!

Wide awake at 3:30 am with a horrible cold...can't find the Nyquil. This is my first cold in like ten years. Hubby shared his with me.

smash 2 cloves of garlic knock them back small glass of milk if you not thrown up then cider vinegar spoon manuka honey lemon and whisky mix with hot water....if it don't work it will take your mind off the cold...I usually do work

Holy cow. What a combination! I think the whiskey would be enough to make me throw up. :lol:

Holy cow. What a combination! I think the whiskey would be enough to make me throw up. :lol:

need stomach of iron,the other thing is fernobranker smell like brass polish taste awful one drink you better, myself prefer have cold than fernobranker...it keep vampires away so got cure cold:lol:

Just made the following FB post to my neighborhood watch:

"I'm probably just paranoid from reading all these posts about daytime break-ins. A few minutes ago, a small black Honda pulled into my driveway. A man got out, walked to my front door, turned around, went back to his car, knelt down to tie his shoe, got in the car, then left. I live on ********. When he drove off, he went towards ******. I didn't recognize him, and neither [TCS] nor I were expecting anyone. He didn't ring the doorbell or knock. Our Jeep wasn't in the driveway, and our front porch (with motion sensor) came on. I checked my front porch to make sure it wasn't a delivery of some sort, or if there was a note. Nope. Just seems weird."

Any hotels near your work where you can stay the night? Perhaps your employer can pay for the room since you made the effort to come into work despite the bad road conditions?

Many years ago, my sister and I caught the last bus from our area into town before a snow emergency was declared. We ended up staying in the 5-star hotel that shared one of our buildings. Both of our depts paid reimbursed us, though my money-making dept was slower to reimburse than her money-spending dept. :roll:

I would, but I wanted to go home. I left work early just as the round 2 of this ice storm was starting so I made it decently. It helps that I have better tires now. I would not have minded the hotel stay though :)

Just found out that my description of man and car matches a previous complaint to the Neighborhood Watch. :eek:

Just found out that my description of man and car matches a previous complaint to the Neighborhood Watch. :eek:

Should have opened the door and greeted him with your gun.

Oh, and now buy a big dog/

500px-MS-12GDBS-GS.jpg

Big-Lap-Dog-27.jpg

What am I doing?...friggin' laundry...everything in the house as a matter of fact. :giggle:...beautiful day so it's got me to working for a change.

Back