Went deaf because of physical abuse.

You don't know that. Usually doctors are pretty good at assessing what happened.
If there was a hard hit to the ear, most likely the drums exploded causing HL - it can be visible, thus apparent as to cause.

As for the statue of limitations - again it depends on the case, I think.
Anyhoo, it is worth trying. If contacting some lawyers is not fruitful, then OP needs to make an appointment with Legal Aid in person
and then show up for set up appointment. And proceed from there..

Fuzzy
Sometimes I wonder about your reasoning ability. Usually every time you show up here and start talking.

How do you think events of thirty years or so prior can be proved to be the actions of any particular person?

You might want to change your location in your profile... it makes you difficult to take seriously :confused:

I speak from experience when I say that it is very difficult to prove that your parents did this to you and to sue them for it. You can likely get proof that you were beaten into deafness but, if you are an adult (which it very much looks like you are), you will probably have a very hard time finding any kind of proof of this happening that would stand up in court. You would need witnesses other than your father and some kind of evidence to back up your story. Evidence from the doctor would be extremely helpful but, at least in the US, the law is not on your side especially since you say this happened a long time ago. The law does not care if your father cried or if he is a coward-- it cares about the hard facts.

Your best bet is to, of course, still try to get legal help. Definitely consult with several lawyers before settling on one and let them know of your financial situation up front so that you don't waste each other's time.
Think about this realistically, though: you've waited a long time and the statute of limitations for abuse is horrifyingly short. I was outside of it by 2 months with my police report and only got a snide "why did you wait so long" in reply. You also have circumstantial evidence that may or may not be able to be backed by medical evidence. So you will have to prepare yourself to possibly not get anything out of this at all. And the lawyers you speak to will be thinking that exact same thing too.

You definitely need to seek counselling for this. A lot of children are beaten and abused and nothing is done about it. If your father is still in your life you might want to think about how damaging that could be to your psyche. Try out different therapists until you find one whom you like. Getting a second or third or fourth opinion before settling on your therapist is very important. If you do not like your therapist you won't get very far with him or her. Make sure that you feel comfortable enough to open up to this person or at least to the idea of opening up to them in the future once trust has been established.

Good luck,
Soul

I have sought counselling and they will not get back to me. I have even emailed Hillary Clinton for help. Hopefully she will actually reply to my email.

I have sought counselling and they will not get back to me. I have even emailed Hillary Clinton for help. Hopefully she will actually reply to my email.
What do you expect Hillary to do for you? She currently holds no political office so she has no authority in government. Do you think she'll send you money?

Have you not spoken to your brothers about this? This seems like something that they would be able to help you with. They will certainly be needed on your side if they witnessed the beatings you took.

When you contact a lawyer it is best to stick to the facts and to not get too emotional. Lawyers are very busy and most, even with assistants, don't have time to pick through an email in order to find out exactly what you're trying to accomplish. Keep it short and to the point and you will get more replies.

I do not understand what you mean when you say that you and your brothers were renamed to "sound like when I had rheumatoid arthritis". Did they legally change your names to sound odd? You cannot be cured of rheumatoid arthritis so it is very confusing to say that you "had" RA. If this is an important part of your narrative then it would behoove you to explain it a bit better rather than glossing over it in an oddly broken sentence.

Best of luck to you,

Soul
Actually that location is pretty accurate , pun intended!

She
What do you expect Hillary to do for you? She currently holds no political office so she has no authority in government. Do you think she'll send you money?
will tell him what he wants to hear to get a vote.

You would be better off trying to find if any doctors or teachers you had when younger are still alive and if they knew about the abuse going on . Do you have any older
siblings that you can use for witness ? Or Aunt or uncle ??

You would be better off trying to find if any doctors or teachers you had when younger are still alive and if they knew about the abuse going on . Do you have any older

Even if he does do that, it won't be too successful. Memories tend to fade or incorrect. Not to mention that there's a real possibility that he won't be able to do anything legally if the statute of limitations is in effect (I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread). Witness testimony tend to be unreliable. Outside of siblings I doubt any of the others mentioned even knew about any abuse.

Please provide website references about the statute of limitations in Massachusetts. Make sure it is a dot gov site, or else it may only be a defense lawyer misguiding website.

I think i have one sibling for a witness. I don't know how to sue my father if i don't have any money to pay the lawyer. I emailed some probono lawyers at the ACLU and they didn't reply.

Really, now?...me thinks you have too much time on your hands...and living in the past...bet ur 1 of those types that always blame others for whatever has happened to you...and ur emailing Ms Hillary??...that's a hoot!...LOL....Grow up....remove urself from any toxic family members....

I think i have one sibling for a witness. I don't know how to sue my father if i don't have any money to pay the lawyer. I emailed some probono lawyers at the ACLU and they didn't reply.
If the lawyers didn't reply back to you that would mean they don't think you have a good case . It would really hard to sue your dad if you have no records of the abuse happening . RR gave you some good advice . I was abused by dad too and my mom did nothing to stop it . I never dreamt of suing my parents . I was mad at my mom when I was younger but I realize she was a victim too she was guilt ridden about not be able to stop the abuse. I wasn't about to made my mom feel any worst , I wouldn't been able to live with that . You really have to move on and stop being a victim .

Last edited:
Do you live in your parents basement and continue to dwell on it? Sometimes you have to just suck it up, learn to forgive and just move on in life. If youre on your own just forget about the past, seek counseling and better yourself. If you continue to dwell in the past you are just going to eat yourself alive from the inside out. We all make mistakes, we are only human... live a happy life and accept the errors, they are done and over, gone.

Please provide website references about the statute of limitations in Massachusetts. Make sure it is a dot gov site, or else it may only be a defense lawyer misguiding website.

I've looked but can't find anything that applies to adult survivors of emotional/mental/physical abuse in MA (I believe sexual abuse falls under something else...). But in reading one Q&A forum type set up, I saw that at least in CO it is 3 years- from the start of the abuse or at least when one reaches the age of 18. Wouldn't surprise me if MA has something similar.

I'm pretty sure you may be out of luck anyway.

Dan, I have been abused by my grandfather and my father when I was from kid to teen. My grandfather died in 1995 and I relieved because he was aggressive alcoholic that pushed my head against the wall, it was worst abuse, but my grandparents lied and claimed that I fell down when rode a trike so I was unable to talk on my own. My father abused me in different series from kid to teen and my parents did great job for lying to police officers and social workers. Otherwise, I will end up in foster home.

It is too way beyond the limitation of statue so I can't sue my father for emotion distress and PTSD due to family abuse.

It could be proved, for instance if the siblings confirm this. also, there could have been other family members who knew about the abuse and are ready to testify, too.
So can neighbours, other friends and acquaintances who either witnessed abuse, signs of abuse or heard about abuse over the years.
If there were hospital/doctors visits, right there is a very good documentation of abuse for courts.
And if there were pictures taken, even so much better.
The best thing would be to go to Legal Aid and ask a lawyer how to proceed, what documents to gather.
Medical doctor too, to ask if such abuse (hitting on the ears) could be tell years later by looking into the ears.
or take MRI or a ct scan, or whatever.

Fuzzy

It could be proved, for instance if the siblings confirm this. also, there could have been other family members who knew about the abuse and are ready to testify, too.
So can neighbours, other friends and acquaintances who either witnessed abuse, signs of abuse or heard about abuse over the years.
If there were hospital/doctors visits, right there is a very good documentation of abuse for courts.
And if there were pictures taken, even so much better.
The best thing would be to go to Legal Aid and ask a lawyer how to proceed, what documents to gather.
Medical doctor too, to ask if such abuse (hitting on the ears) could be tell years later by looking into the ears.
or take MRI or a ct scan, or whatever.

Fuzzy
3 years has come and gone.

too many mental ill people and angry people email all famous people all of the time so they have staff to delete the emails so don't waste your breath

Back