Weather Report

My location is Dellish. LOL pun.

Botts, then a lack of vibration also indicates little structural damage. Otherwise you would have almost jumped out of your skin.

That is right MCB. My husband got out there this morning and said the branches mostly support it off the ground, and a spike type branch went through the rain gutter.

If the branches hadn't mostly held the tree up , we would have had major damage, So that's some good news today.

That is right MCB. My husband got out there this morning and said the branches mostly support it off the ground, and a spike type branch went through the rain gutter.

If the branches hadn't mostly held the tree up , we would have had major damage, So that's some good news today.
Whew!

img0574sn.jpg

Here is a picture of our tree, and I think you can see how it is partially held up by its branches That is the top part of the tree, and it gets much bigger towards the bottom.

trees in some areas and designed by nature to 'bend branches down'or droop at the ends to let down the snow...

they also teach that in Kung fu

WOW Botti that is a huge tree and a ton of snow. Luckily it didn't cause a lot of damage.

The snow does look pretty though. I've never had a white Christmas:-(

WOW Botti that is a huge tree and a ton of snow. Luckily it didn't cause a lot of damage.

The snow does look pretty though. I've never had a white Christmas:-(

We are guaranteed one in Iowa this year!

I remember one year in El Paso, it snowed 24 inches. And we had to get through it to go to the airport to join the family for Christmas!

img0574sn.jpg

Here is a picture of our tree, and I think you can see how it is partially held up by its branches That is the top part of the tree, and it gets much bigger towards the bottom.

You should put a "FREE CHRISTMAS TREE" sign in your front yard and maybe you'll get lucky and someone will come take it away and you won't have to deal with it :lol:.

Today's temperature is -20C (-30C with the windchill) but it was sunny which makes for a very crisp, white and bright day :). It's supposed to stay below seasonal norms for a while so I don't think we will be doing much skating, skidooing or sledding over the holidays, boo :-(.

You should put a "FREE CHRISTMAS TREE" sign in your front yard and maybe you'll get lucky and someone will come take it away and you won't have to deal with it :lol:.

:lol: You are only seeing the top with the tip cut off. It's about a 30 or 35 foot tree.

Cedar makes an aromatic firewood. :)

True. And both daughters have fireplaces. I should see if I could convince them to haul it away after my husband cuts it up. ;)
Save a few of the small chips for sticking in the closet or bureau drawers.

It si so windy and cold today!

It si so windy and cold today!

Same here & I think my daughter wants me to go shopping for a tree with her today. She & her sister were supposed to do the tree shopping this past week. Guess shopping for a tree when it's this cold will get me in the Christmas spirit. :o

So Botti, what ever did happen there? That was quite a picture!

So Botti, what ever did happen there? That was quite a picture!

Well the part you see cut off, was about 8 feet tall, and he put it out and stood it up like a Christmas tree.

Each day now, my husband goes out and cuts another section and some branches, working his way to the bottom safely. It was a double planting, so there is still one tree standing that formed half, but the trunks were grown together, so the standing tree has broken exposed parts at the bottom. I am hoping it can be saved.

Yesterday, he was up on the roof removing all the debris, and thinks there really is no damage to the main roof. We will replace the rain gutter when the weather is a bit warmer.

So that's about it, no one hurt, the house mostly intact, and with luck the fallen tree will finish being dismantled with no accidents.

You are lucky there was no significant damage to the house.

A double planting means the tree remaining might end up being lop-sided, but would grow out of that after a few years. The house I grew up in had some cedar trees along the foundation. One year, Dad cut one down, and we had it for a Christmas tree. It was flat on one side, so a real space-saver. :giggle:

Eight degrees outside, and that is just the beginning of the plunge.

My home got power out due bad weather but my mom call electric and cable in morning would be good!! I hate twice or more power out on electric and cable makes me scary!

I will be survive for that! Anyway

Back