Weather Report

WISCONSIN FLAT???? :laugh2: We got so many rivers-- real RIVERS that it is one valley after another. :bowlol: More like Appalachia.

I love rivers and lakes and trees. Won't find much of that in either Cali or Utah

There are so many rivers, lakes and trees in California just most of them never freeze!! It does get cold in my parts, but no snow!! If I want snow I only have to drive about 30 minutes after a winter storm.

It looks awfully bad for a lot of you and looks like it might get worse. I saw that Chicago O'Hare Airport has been closed since 8pm all flights cancelled. Looks like a lot of holiday travelers won't be getting very far.

Keep safe!!!!

Yikes Botts! I am glad you are all ok. Many people died from falling trees out here in the NE during the last few major storms.

No snow here..just plain ol' rain.

I've heard you are getting a big storm and my thoughts are with you.

No snow here at this point, but we don't expect to go through a second winter without snow. Last year, we had one storm and then nothing for the rest of winter, extremely rare. If we get a huge storm, our biggest problem is where to put the snow. Anything over 4 ft becomes problematic. My guess, we will get a big storm or several small ones by next month.

Make sure the snow blower has plenty of gas where you are..

It is 11 deg out, but I expect it to be sunny. We should live a few seconds longer when that invisible asteroid hits us. No snow-melt expected for a while.

I have visited Cali. My daughter and brother are out there. She is on an extended visit with friends, but not far from where he lives.

:aw: Botts how are you guys now?? I'm sorry about your tree and roof....
I'm on the edge of yesterday's blizzard warning. Hubby worked from home yesterday and Wed; my parents were moving into a condo when the snow started here on Tuesday. I was with them and it took me more than an hour to get home. Then it settled down til late Wed morning. Some people here w/o power. Ours went a few times last night but never officially quit. Yesterday we had rain, sleet, wind and from afternoon on, snow. Now hub out blowing snow again.

Botts and Dogmom-- You really got it bad. Botts-- Did it scare you when the tree fell? Glad there wasn't much damage.

Well, Botts tree puts my tree into perspective. It was windy here last night apparently. A small, maybe 3 ft, fake tree I have in a raised bed in front of my living room window (decorated for Christmas), was laying on it's side this morning. I use bricks to hold it in place (it has a metal plate for it's base), but apparently they weren't strong enough for the winds.

Hope not more trees fall around you Botts.

Yes, we can stay here. It mostly fell on the edge, and didn't penetrate clear into the house. I don't really know yet , but my husband thinks just the rain gutter and the very few feet of the roof edge.

He had time to cut the tree part that was actually resting on the house before he went to work, but not much else, so now we have most of the tree across the front yard, still going up to the rooftop, but no longer on it.

My main fear is that more may fall tonight with the high winds and very cold temperatures.

We have a lot of big cedar trees and no way to remove the heavy snow from the branches.

my shotgun!

WISCONSIN FLAT???? :laugh2: We got so many rivers-- real RIVERS that it is one valley after another. :bowlol: More like Appalachia.

I love rivers and lakes and trees. Won't find much of that in either Cali or Utah

You are talking about Door Country? Yes, they do have hills/valleys. North/Central Wisconsin (Wisconsin Dells area) do have valleys. Not so much.

I used to live in Milwaukee for 6 years, yuck. Never want to live there again.

I would love to visit Wisconsin Dells again as they have America's Largest Waterpark, and World's Largest Go Kart. :D

I never forget Wisconsin's horrendous cold blizzard.

Yes, we can stay here. It mostly fell on the edge, and didn't penetrate clear into the house. I don't really know yet , but my husband thinks just the rain gutter and the very few feet of the roof edge.

He had time to cut the tree part that was actually resting on the house before he went to work, but not much else, so now we have most of the tree across the front yard, still going up to the rooftop, but no longer on it.

My main fear is that more may fall tonight with the high winds and very cold temperatures.

We have a lot of big cedar trees and no way to remove the heavy snow from the branches.

Oh no. Hope they dont fall on your house again. Hope your hub believes it was the rain gutter and corner of the roof.

pray nothing is going to happen.

:aw: Botts how are you guys now?? I'm sorry about your tree and roof....
I'm on the edge of yesterday's blizzard warning. Hubby worked from home yesterday and Wed; my parents were moving into a condo when the snow started here on Tuesday. I was with them and it took me more than an hour to get home. Then it settled down til late Wed morning. Some people here w/o power. Ours went a few times last night but never officially quit. Yesterday we had rain, sleet, wind and from afternoon on, snow. Now hub out blowing snow again.

Botts and Dogmom-- You really got it bad. Botts-- Did it scare you when the tree fell? Glad there wasn't much damage.

Oh no. Hope they dont fall on your house again. Hope your hub believes it was the rain gutter and corner of the roof.

pray nothing is going to happen.
Thanks everybody.
Dogmom, we are ok, but my husband will be taking the tree into sections over the next several days, and I am worried about potential accidents. But he won't call the insurance company as he thinks it would cost less than our deductible to to do the work. He's kind of stubborn..

MCB, I can't really hear anything outside the house so I wasn't scared at all. I just felt really sick when I opened the front door in the morning and saw my beautiful tree had fallen, and that it was also on the house.

Frisky, thanks, yes I hope no more falls. So far so good . I looked out this morning and there is sun, so if lucky, some of the heavy snow will melt off today and put us out of danger. :)

7 Fahrenheit and clear, no breeze. This cold hurts my shoulder. I should move.

Lucky you, Wisconsin is FLAT. Try driving in the snow in Utah.
When we rode our bicycles in Wisconsin it sure didn't seem flat to us! There are plenty of rolling hills. :giggle:

... But he won't call the insurance company as he thinks it would cost less than our deductible to to do the work....
That's often true. Sometimes making a claim can also raise your rates.

Last edited:
I would love to visit Wisconsin Dells again as North/Central Wisconsin (Wisconsin Dells area) do have valleys. Not so much....Waterpark, and World's Largest Go Kart. :D
My location is Dellish. LOL pun.

Botts, then a lack of vibration also indicates little structural damage. Otherwise you would have almost jumped out of your skin.

Up here it's 3 degrees, but they're saying a big storm is coming that will turn all this rain into snow tonight. Forecast for next week doesn't show a high over freezing, so winter is finally getting started from the sound of it.

It's hot down here. *groans*

It was cold for a while, then it's been hot. I think this is one of the hottest winters I've ever had here. :dunno:

Thanks everybody.
Dogmom, we are ok, but my husband will be taking the tree into sections over the next several days, and I am worried about potential accidents. But he won't call the insurance company as he thinks it would cost less than our deductible to to do the work. He's kind of stubborn..

MCB, I can't really hear anything outside the house so I wasn't scared at all. I just felt really sick when I opened the front door in the morning and saw my beautiful tree had fallen, and that it was also on the house.

Frisky, thanks, yes I hope no more falls. So far so good . I looked out this morning and there is sun, so if lucky, some of the heavy snow will melt off today and put us out of danger. :)

Ha, your hub sounds like the same my hub is. guess thats what the hubs do. haha Oh That is a good sign when the sun comes up. Then the hub can grab his time to get rid of some trees.

Back