Vent about rude things hearies do

So hopefully in future Jillio and Society's Child will just remember they count as deaf when I am in my evil hearie bashing mood. :aw:

I gotta admit, when u were in those moods, I thought u hated Jillio simply because she is hearing! :lol:

I knew you're hearing but I've always wondered... what's your "reason" here?

You finally found me out. I'll just come out and say it: I joined AD just to mess with your head.

It's worked up until this very moment...

LOL yesss. I keep reading her posts about ASL, kids developments and education thinking that she's deaf.. Nooo she's a hearie after all. :giggle:

If reading my posts makes you think I am deaf, it means that I am doing it right. I advocate doing things the way deaf people tell me they need to have it done, not the way the hearies think deaf people need to have it done.

If reading my posts makes you think I am deaf, it means that I am doing it right. I advocate doing things the way deaf people tell me they need to have it done, not the way the hearies think deaf people need to have it done.

yeah thats how i thought you were. So i take it that you did grow up with someone is deaf that you are familiar with .

yeah thats how i thought you were. So i take it that you did grow up with someone is deaf that you are familiar with .

My son. He was my first experience with deafness. Thanks to the Deaf/deaf community, though, I have been blessed to learn a lot. People like yourself taught me what I needed to know about a deaf child.

aww thats sweet!! thats so rare for me to see like your experience with deaf child of yours. ahh yea lets back to this thread.. :D

I already knew that society's_child and Jillo both are hearies because of their English grammar (language). :D

I went to a public high school, not a deaf school. I was only one to enter that school. There was no mainstreamed at my school at the time, even no terps. I remember it was difficult for me because I have to read the teachers lips all day in the class... and I also had to stay after school if I don't understand. I went to summer school twice (8th and 10th grade and so, I can graduate early. I graduated from H.S. at the age of 18). I didn't learn ASL until I went to RIT to take some ASL courses there. And also, I have some hearing and deaf friends around here.

I went to a public high school, not a deaf school. I was only one to enter that school. There was no mainstreamed at my school at the time, even no terps. I remember it was difficult for me because I have to read the teachers lips all day in the class... and I also had to stay after school if I don't understand. I went to summer school twice (8th and 10th grade and so, I can graduate early. I graduated from H.S. at the age of 18). I didn't learn ASL until I went to RIT to take some ASL courses there. And also, I have some hearing and deaf friends around here.

By saying that u can tell they are hearing by how they write makes us deaf ADers what?

I already knew that society's_child and Jillo both are hearies because of their English grammar (language). :D

mmmmmm.......... that wasn't nice.....

By saying that u can tell they are hearing by how they write makes us deaf ADers what?

To be honest, I see deaf ADers all the time that write every bit as well as I do. Sometimes, better, depending on my mood.:P

Back