Vent about rude things hearies do

NEWtoASL88

Reaction score
Vent about rude things hearies do...
I am hearing
don't worry about insulting me
i want to know what not to do
you know there are tons of things so just get on with it..

Assume that mental disability has something to do with being deaf.

A deaf person can do anything... but hear.

A hearing person can add 1+1.
A deaf person can add 1+1.

A hearing person can read.
A deaf person can read.

A hearing person can write.
A deaf person can right.

BUT

A hearing person can hear.
A deaf person can't hear.

That's pretty much it.

If you're wondering why some deaf people are different from others, then it's because of how they were raised... not because they're deaf. :thumb:

:repost: we've already had a thread like this.

But before you read that thread mentioned by Jolie, I will say they rudely come here and try to take over the conversations.

I came here for more deaf people. I see enough hearing everyday.

I am sick of hearing people even hearing professionals who are Audists trying to say that we can read lips and speak with our voices which we are not happy with. Also we were told that we can not use ASL or any other sign language and that it is okay to have hearing babies to learn sign language from hearing parents and no to the Deaf babies. OMG, what is the matter with hearing people who does not understand why we need ASL and need to be in a special education for the Deaf whether we are in a Deaf school or in the mainstream school. We do not want to be in the hearing classroom, ever, not that kind of oral method. The Audists do not understand one iota about us, Deafies. We are suppose to be visual people. This is what make me pissed off. I am glad I get my chest off by vending. Thank you for this threads, OP. :mad:

Hearing people who see ASL as a disability language...

But before you read that thread mentioned by Jolie, I will say they rudely come here and try to take over the conversations.

**jillio quietly tip toeing out the door**:giggle:

I am sick of hearing people even hearing professionals who are Audists trying to say that we can read lips and speak with our voices which we are not happy with. Also we were told that we can not use ASL or any other sign language and that it is okay to have hearing babies to learn sign language from hearing parents and no to the Deaf babies. OMG, what is the matter with hearing people who does not understand why we need ASL and need to be in a special education for the Deaf whether we are in a Deaf school or in the mainstream school. We do not want to be in the hearing classroom, ever, not that kind of oral method. The Audists do not understand one iota about us, Deafies. We are suppose to be visual people. This is what make me pissed off. I am glad I get my chest off by vending. Thank you for this threads, OP. :mad:

"We are, now and forever, the people of the eye." George Veditz

I seconded that with you Botts. I do have enough of that too, but we are being harass by hearing people who think they know more about our deafness and what is best for us like putting us into the mainstream schools. They did realize how we have to suffer under this oral method or any other type of methods which do not relate to ASL. :roll:

**jillio quietly tip toeing out the door**:giggle:

Except for Jillio. It is supposed to be a given!

3134sjb.gif

Back