US to spend $200 million a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't know until Obama releases that information. Guess that's his continued mantra on his administration being the most transparent administration evah! We can't even get an accurate estimated cost on Clinton's own trips because cost of having secret service agents can easily double or triple the cost of a trip. Costs for secret service agents are classified. Cost now such as fuel is nearly triple that of when Clinton was in office. So, yeah, everything is up.

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1999/ns99164.pdf

Especially your game. :lol:

You know, I guess I need to be more cynical. I actually believed that the public was capable of not giving this kind of BS credibility anymore. Looks like they are buying into it at a bigger rate than ever. So much for the thinking and evaluating public.

i smelled a rat since the beginning. I knew it would be debunked.

i smelled a rat since the beginning. I knew it would be debunked.

Yep, I believe it. You are one of the ones that don't accept the BS and evaluate and critically think about this crap.

it is costly because of all the interpreters he has to hire !! as deaf we well know that terps make a killing when the government pays.

No backpedaling. You see, I already acknowledged it which is why I said it looks more in line like $20 million (ie. one to many zeros) per day if you include the extra 3,000 people that went with him. But of course Obama refuses to provide a price tag for this vaca..er, trip. Question is, why is he refusing to show the numbers? What is he hiding? I thought he ensured that his administration would be the most transparent administration evah!

Guess not.

But bravo on your part with that picture. I can certainly see the hate on your part. But keep trying, it becomes you.
No hate here, just disgust. You basically libel Obama with these dementedly slanted articles, then tell me I have a problem. You would need to do much more to move my hate-o-meter to a positive reading.

With that, I will mosey along out of here. Nothing here to look at.

No hate here, just disgust. You basically libel Obama with these dementedly slanted articles, then tell me I have a problem. You would need to do much more to move my hate-o-meter to a positive reading.

With that, I will mosey along out of here. Nothing here to look at.

LOL. "Basically libel"... you are trying your best, I see.

Busted out with the nonsense once again. :wave:

LOL. "Basically libel"... you are trying your best, I see.
I try to be polite. I could just call you an ignorant liar, but that would cause problems. Besides, you are not ignorant. You were just following the directives of the Right Wing posse that keeps your inbox filled with similar "sound the alarm" crap.

I try to be polite. I could just call you an ignorant liar, but that would cause problems. Besides, you are not ignorant. You were just following the directives of the Right Wing posse that keeps your inbox filled with similar "sound the alarm" crap.

I see, now you're calling me a liar but not ignorant?

Oh, btw, I don't get directives in my inbox. I just do a lot of reading. Nice try, tho.

and now.... we got $10 billion investment :cool2:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/world/asia/07prexy.html?_r=1&ref=politics
The chief executive officer of Boeing, Jim McNerney, who also leads the President’s Export Council, greeted Mr. Obama when Air Force One touched down, and then was whisked downtown aboard the presidential helicopter. Later, Mr. Obama met privately with American chief executives, among them Jeffrey R. Immelt of General Electric, who has been critical of the White House in the past.

“It’s unprecedented,” Mr. Immelt said in an interview, praising Mr. Obama for talking up trade, a politically risky move for a Democrat. “I don’t remember President Bush ever having a mission like this. I think it’s quite rare and I hope the first of many.”

Mr. Obama decided early on that his predecessor had not paid enough attention to Asia, and it is no coincidence that the four countries Mr. Obama is visiting are all democracies. It is also no coincidence that China is not on the agenda; by building ties with emerging economies, like India and Indonesia, and strengthening them with longtime allies like South Korea and Japan, the administration hopes to dilute China’s growing power in the region.

Obama Brings Home the Bacon From India - FoxNews
Several of the 20 deals - worth $10 billion and expected to create 53,670 U.S. jobs - were already in the works, but the White House says the president's visit to India helped solidify them.

"A presidential visit to any country is an action-forcing event," said Mike Froman, Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economic Affairs. "It helps concentrate the minds of decision-makers. And I think particularly with regard to deals that involve governments in the case of defense procurement, et cetera, he can help finalize deals that have been under discussion for a long time before. So I think that's the case in some of these areas."

looks like we've got something good to post for "What has Obama done so far?" thread :)

I know everything the Obama's do is pricey but the stories are ridiculous. Fact find first, then post.

I do find it contradictory that people screamed foul when Bush would take a few days working vacation on his ranch in Crawford...but...costly trip after costly trip by Barak and Michele seem to be fine.

I just saw Jiro's comment above....if true then this would also be work, not just a pleasure trip.

Obama Brings Home the Bacon From India - FoxNews

looks like we've got something good to post for "What has Obama done so far?" thread :)

Give me a break....anyone who watches Bloomberg or any other business news has known that this deal was almost done already.... :roll:

This however....

and plans for Harley-Davidson Motor Company, to open a new assembly plant in India.

is not likely to sit well with many.

Give me a break....anyone who watches Bloomberg or any other business news has known that this deal was almost done already.... :roll:

This however....

so you're saying this trip is wasted? and that we should say "thanks but not thanks" to India's $10 billion dollar investment?

This however....

H-D is going to open a plant in India? AS long as those motorcycles are only sold in India or abroad, I don't think it will be a problem for most American HD fans, but if any of those make their way back to the States, there will be Hell('s Angels) to pay.

H-D is going to open a plant in India? AS long as those motorcycles are only sold in India or abroad, I don't think it will be a problem for most American HD fans, but if any of those make their way back to the States, there will be Hell('s Angels) to pay.

and also.... I'm not sure if TXGolfer is implying that HD should be limited to Americans simply because it represents America. If that's the case, that's not true. The spirit of HD is shared by many countries.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqqakPacYE]YouTube - Harley-Davidson India Launch[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4pbhTPH7sg]YouTube - Harleydavidson Story in South Korea[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pquHwjFjAM8]YouTube - Korean Harley Davidson Commercial[/ame]

a comment by HDFatBoy1964
You are a tool. I'm American, in the US military, I live in Korea, and ride with a Korean group. That's what America is all about... remember? We're a melting pot. Unless you're native American, you're a poser too. How 'bout that. Get a life... I'd rather ride with Asians than losers like you.

China - this Chinese biker even flew American flag on his bike :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm3kJAcNgsA]YouTube - Harley-Davidson in China[/ame]

Japan - even more amazing that Japan adores HD... despite of 2 American atomic bombs... cool to see a fellow Caucasian biker with the Japanese riders. must be American soldier based in Japan
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeL7ot9QNFQ]YouTube - HARLEY-DAVIDSON JAPAN[/ame]

South Africa
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JMNkg0ZYxI]YouTube - Harley on Safari Video - Africa Travel Channel[/ame]

seriously, no matter what Obama does for America, conservatives will do ANYTHING to downplay his efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back