Update 10 digit numbers

It makes no difference. Call in or call out with VRS number, VRS pay for it. Its will be free all the way. l your local number. Why... VRS pay for the long distance, not your family.

who tell you that the calls is free with local nubmer?

yes, Hearing caller can call deafies by VRS in long distance only. no charge. but They call hearing person or deafies in tty. Pay long distance charge.

When you receive local ten-digit number, it is indeed free when calling to hearing or deaf people, and deaf people can call you for free. If hearing people lives in your area, it is also free. BUT, if the hearing people live OUTSIDE the area, they will have to pay long distance fee to call you. :/

See the link about the "Purple Number" ---> HOVRS - Purple Number

I too will keep DirectVP number for my long-distance family (that is, if FCC lets Sorenson keep their DirectVP as option for Deaf and HOH)

Now, let's see.... HOVRS is giving out Purple Number, I heard that Viable is also giving out ten-digit number too along with their latest, VPAD+ (see DeafNation for more info about Viable traveling with DeafNation RV to other cities). Not only that, LIFELINKS is offering toll-free ten-digit number for 911 calls, etc. And now Sorenson is also offering local ten-digit numbers too (you have to call their representatives directly to apply for them if you wish.) Now we have to wait for more relay services/providers like i711 and Snap!VRS (Ojo) to provide their own ten-digit numbers soon!

It makes no difference. Call in or call out with VRS number, VRS pay for it. Its will be free all the way.

If family lives out of state, its still free for them to call your local number. Why... VRS pay for the long distance, not your family.

Example :

VRS with local phone number , hearing people with landline call who live from Ellsworth Maine 207 667-xxxx and he/she dial my purple local phone number area code - West Palm Beach, FL 561-xxx-xxxx he/she will be pay for long distance call to ring my HOVRS purple number but hearing people who has a cellular phone with nationwide plan airtime packages allowance with no roaming or no long distance fee also unlimited night and weekend minutes can reach to my hovrs purple number. but any hearing people have VOIP can be unlimited flat-rate long distance to my local purple number.

hearing people who live Boynton Beach through Jupiter Florida will have unlimited local calls to my hovrs purple number. but Boca Raton and Hobe Sound Florida landline customer will be flat rate for 25 cent per call to my purple local phone number.

who live in Jupiter, Florida unlimited local call West Palm Beach, Jupiter and Hobe Sound (area code 772) but flat rate 25 cents per call for boynton Beach and Stuart, Florida (area code 772)

our Local phone company is AT&T Florida (formerly Bellsouth)

DirectVP number does unlimited inbound calls with a toll free number people want toll-free phone number for make call free long distance to my VP!

Last edited:
Example :

VRS with local phone number , hearing people with landline call who live from Ellsworth Maine 207 667-xxxx and he/she dial my purple local phone number area code - West Palm Beach, FL 561-xxx-xxxx he/she will be pay for long distance call to ring my HOVRS purple number but hearing people who has a cellular phone with nationwide plan airtime packages allowance with no roaming or no long distance fee also unlimited night and weekend minutes can reach to my hovrs purple number. but any hearing people have VOIP can be unlimited flat-rate long distance to my local purple number.

hearing people who live Boynton Beach through Jupiter Florida will have unlimited local calls to my hovrs purple number. but Boca Raton and Hobe Sound Florida landline customer will be flat rate for 25 cent per call to my purple local phone number.

our Local phone company is AT&T Florida (formerly Bellsouth)

DirectVP number does unlimited inbound calls with a toll free number people want toll-free phone number for make call free long distance to my VP!

That correct, that make sense and how can be that local area code to other local area code be free long distance. To people; if you are not sure about that, why not ask your people who is hearing or similar as former TTY to TTY in different area code that charge long distance.. Same idea for the Hearing area code to VRS number of 10 digital number that has different area code. It will charge on hearing person's home phone unless that plan has unlimited long distance that will different story about it. Again, Sorenson has DirectVP which it keep long distance free.

That correct, that make sense and how can be that local area code to other local area code be free long distance. To people; if you are not sure about that, why not ask your people who is hearing or similar as former TTY to TTY in different area code that charge long distance.. Same idea for the Hearing area code to VRS number of 10 digital number that has different area code. It will charge on hearing person's home phone unless that plan has unlimited long distance that will different story about it. Again, Sorenson has DirectVP which it keep long distance free.

The 10-digital number (like VoIP) be free long distance. I have own Vonage digital phone adapter for my tty and fax machine. No long distance charge inside USA and Canada but pay small monthly charge.

misinformation! you say with local nubmer on vp is free toll call from hearing? that is above functional equivalent no way

Vonage or other internet phone provider hearing customers can call to VP's 10 digits number at no charge just pay flat monthly for internet phone service

I was formerly use TTY to TTY as usually I called someone via long distance it was expensive old AT&T long distance, I was paid the long distance 1989 to 2000.

I began use NXI Nextalk on my computer since 2000 to now as free unlimited long distance plus internet text-based relay service I was received first VP100 in 2003 to 2006 now I received VP200 and received Snap VRS OJO 2007 to now. I am just happy to have unlimited video relay calling anywhere including any long-distance family and friend can able to call me DirectVP number at no charge and my family and family is making easier to dial the toll free 10 digits phone number from automatic dialing feature (electric phone book) and I don't need about hearing people to dial to 1 866 FAST VRS then enter my old VP's phone number. Videophone is faster than TTY calls

if you are VP users and you can call other VP users it has direct Internet calls for high speed video there is called "Virtual phone number" instead of IP address. other deaf can reach your new registered 10 digits phone number as VP to VP call as make it easier. you don't have worry about to request IP address to make VP call. It is always free video calls anywhere!

Last edited:
if hearing people call through 1 877 number to avoid long distance charges

English --

If hearing users wish to call your purple number via toll-free number to avoid their home phone's long distance bill.

1. He/She can call 1-877-467-4877 toll-free (for English relay) then ask the relay interpreter to reach your 10 digits purple number. It is free.

2. He/She can call 1-877-467-4875 toll-free (for Spanish relay) then ask the relay interpreter to reach your 10 digit purple number. It is free.

Español --

Si oyendo que usuarios desean llamar su número púrpura a través de número de llamada gratuita evitar su cuenta de larga distancia de teléfono de hogar.

1. La él/ella puede llamar 1-877-467-4877 peaje-liberta (para el relevo inglés) entonces pregunta al intérprete del relevo para alcanzar sus 10 dígitos el número púrpura. Es libre.

2. La él/ella puede llamar 1-877-467-4875 peaje-liberta (para el relevo español) entonces pregunta al intérprete del relevo para alcanzar su 10 dígito el número púrpura. Es libre.

misinformation! you say with local nubmer on vp is free toll call from hearing? that is above functional equivalent no way

Wow you are going to about to wit and on my nerves... You don't have that 10 digital number on Sorenson yet.

Again... if you are refer about VP to VRS to Hearing, it free long distance, but if Hearing to VRS (10 digital number which it not same local area or the traditional phone) to VP is charging or free depend on PACKAGE plan. Some package for hearing offer has unlimited during the peak hour or whatever that they are getting.

SECOND!

The DirectVP is total free long distance,

Have you contact Sorenson about it, plus you are KICK!:roll:

Vonage or other internet phone provider hearing customers can call to VP's 10 digits number at no charge just pay flat monthly for internet phone service

I was formerly use TTY to TTY as usually I called someone via long distance it was expensive old AT&T long distance, I was paid the long distance 1989 to 2000.

I began use NXI Nextalk on my computer since 2000 to now as free unlimited long distance plus internet text-based relay service I was received first VP100 in 2003 to 2006 now I received VP200 and received Snap VRS OJO 2007 to now. I am just happy to have unlimited video relay calling anywhere including any long-distance family and friend can able to call me DirectVP number at no charge and my family and family is making easier to dial the toll free 10 digits phone number from automatic dialing feature (electric phone book) and I don't need about hearing people to dial to 1 866 FAST VRS then enter my old VP's phone number. Videophone is faster than TTY calls

if you are VP users and you can call other VP users it has direct Internet calls for high speed video there is called "Virtual phone number" instead of IP address. other deaf can reach your new registered 10 digits phone number as VP to VP call as make it easier. you don't have worry about to request IP address to make VP call. It is always free video calls anywhere!

I am talking about the 10 digital number, not the toll free number. I am talking about the 10 digital numbers such as 801-287-9403, if hearing people call that number from other than Utah or Salt Lake City metro city... then it charge you.

Read the yellowpage that explain all of those stuff or look up at Wiki website; Long distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am talking about the 10 digital number, not the toll free number. I am talking about the 10 digital numbers such as 801-287-9403, if hearing people call that number from other than Utah or Salt Lake City metro city... then it charge you.

Read the yellowpage that explain all of those stuff or look up at Wiki website; Long distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes I know about traditional phone company as PTSN as Plain Telephone Service Network for regular 10 digits phone number such as regional area code + local phone number. Ive been used traditional local phone service before , I had a TTY

local + Local Toll + Intra-state long distance (in-state) + Inter-state (out of state) call

I have been registered my HOVRS purple number as local phone number as 561-xxx-xxxx (West Palm Beach, FL)

hearing caller call thorugh traditional phone line to HOVRS purple number to my future MVP or current HOVRS videosign 2.5 or future videosign 3.0 via VRS. hearing caller is responsibility their own local calling plan as applicable long distance charge or local tolls or flat rate per extended local call charge depend hearing people where they live from. if hearing people live within local area is free call to my hovrs purple number via VRS. hearing people who has a cellular phone service called "nationwide calling plan" which including free airtime minutes allowance and unlimited free night & Weekend airtime and able to free call my HOVRS purple number via VRS,
Incoming International to your HOVRS:
Example:

hearing people who live from Australia he/she call you and they dial 0011-1-area code - purple phone number (via landline) or Speical Telstra International Rates 0018-1-area code - your purple local number to your HOVRS interperter to your MVP or videosign 2.5 or 3.0
International hearing poeple is responsible to pay International Long Distance charge this call.

Country Code is 1 is NORTH AMERICA NUMBERING PLAN (NANP)

other country hearing users how to dial your purple number

when I make call to hearing people via VRS and it will not charge for this call but FCC and HOVRS will cover expense bills to pay long distance, and interperter's paycheck, etc....

If hearing people cannot afford long distance bill or block chargeable calls or make call from public coin-operated public telephone, they can dial HOVRS toll free access number 1 877# also Spanish for another 1 877# is available

if I call to another HOVRS purple members directly with 10 digits purple number such as VP to VP it is totally FREE!!!!

I hope that virtual phone number (for HOVRS VP to different VP provider) to set up instead of IP address like as HOVRS videosign 3.0 or MVP call to another VP providers directly. I want virtual phone number is make it easy and automatic.

but I have exist DDNS address as hostname such as username.dyndns.org instead of IP address

I put my hostname of DDNS in my linksys WRT300N and it have automatic update for new IP address to send to my DDNS hostname server.

when you use videosign 2.5 you make call thorugh my videosign 2.5 or VP200 you will have to dial to xxxxxxxxx.dyndns.org to ring my videosign software or VP200.

Last edited:
coolguy1973fla, you are good point. I think that Sorenson should be two different DirectVP numbers for both English and Spanish and NAPN. Not more proxy number. Hearing callers need free-toll numbers to use VRS to call. Many hearing persons still confuse to use local numbers (NAPN) to pay long distance charge or not for using VRS.

I know about DDNS. I had DDNS address as hostname such as username.noip.info in my dlink router. I had worked for former Sorenson to install new username.ddns.org for some DSL users instead of IP address if neccessary. Some customers won't pay static ip address charge. I hope that change vitual phone number for Hovrs purple number. But I will wait to heard that FCC will announce.

coolguy1973fla, you are good point. I think that Sorenson should be two different DirectVP numbers for both English and Spanish and NAPN. Not more proxy number. Hearing callers need free-toll numbers to use VRS to call. Many hearing persons still confuse to use local numbers (NAPN) to pay long distance charge or not for using VRS.

I know about DDNS. I had DDNS address as hostname such as username.noip.info in my dlink router. I had worked for former Sorenson to install new username.ddns.org for some DSL users instead of IP address if neccessary. Some customers won't pay static ip address charge. I hope that change vitual phone number for Hovrs purple number. But I will wait to heard that FCC will announce.

someone who have spanish-language want Spanish language on DirectVP English interpreter will do for you to transfer to Spanish-speaking interpreter for available.

I don't like 1 866 FAST VRS then VP phone number I like 1-866-xxx-xxxx it will automatically directly interpreter and interpreter will call me to connect VP it is very easy.

you know VP200 to connect to the Internet then it will automatically assign IP address through directory server for automatic incoming call, when any deaf VP users can dial VP200's phone number to deaf VP user's VP200 automatically instead of IP address

when you have 2 phone number, you have proxy or fake phone number (non-NANP) and your DirectVP has virtual phone number and regular NANP Wide-Area Telephone Service (WATS) Nationwide phone number as 1 866-xxx-xxxx when you are register for your assigned real toll-free phone number 1 866 xxx-xxxx. but Proxy or fake phone will be discontinue anytime when FCC will decide have to announce all VP provider to require all of registered phone number as NANP

you remember old 1 866 FAST VRS then enter VP fake or proxy phone number (as deaf assigned proxy phone number) to connect Sorenson VRS interpreter.

I don't like old 1 866 FAST VRS then enter VP phone number because most cell phone has electric phone book for automatic dial feature it have only one phone number to dial out

I like my new DirectVP phone number when hearing caller call to interpreter then automatically dial to my VP

One biggest disadvantage about toll free number being used by DirectVP, it only work in USA and possibly Canada (not sure) but not in other countries.. Thats why I perfer non-toll free number which anyone around the world can call your VP. Of course caller would have to pay for internation calls.

One biggest disadvantage about toll free number being used by DirectVP, it only work in USA and possibly Canada (not sure) but not in other countries.. Thats why I perfer non-toll free number which anyone around the world can call your VP. Of course caller would have to pay for internation calls.

HOVRS is accept for International incoming (non-toll free purple number) or outgoing calls .

if you call to someone in world just 011+country code+ city/area code + phone number, some countries does not require city/area code just 011+country code + phone number

Sorenson VRS does not have incoming International access number like as International Direct Dial access code from their country then 1-801-xxx-xxxx then your DirectVP number or your old Sorenson Proxy number to connect VRS Interpreter then connect your VP100/200

Sorenson VRS does not accept outgoing International Call SorensonVRS refused to pay International long distance calls.

if you make a International calls through VRS, You have to require your phone company calling card to charge to your phone bill or you can purchase cheapest pre-paid calling card to make international call on VRS. Sorenson does not have selling prepaid calling card, but you go to the store to buy prepaid International long distance calling card or you can order via Internet website to purchase prepaid International calling card.

Instruction to make International calls:

use your remote control to VP100 and VP200 and Dial your long distance phone company or Prepaid long distance toll-free access number or local access number then click VRS then wait for VRS Interpreter when the interpreter connected to you and you tell interpreter and dial your long distance calling card access number then your account number and/or PIN then enter (person who receive the call) international phone number to connect.

HOVRS is accept for International incoming (non-toll free purple number) or outgoing calls .

if you call to someone in world just 011+country code+ city/area code + phone number, some countries does not require city/area code just 011+country code + phone number

Sorenson VRS does not have incoming International access number like as International Direct Dial access code from their country then 1-801-xxx-xxxx then your DirectVP number or your old Sorenson Proxy number to connect VRS Interpreter then connect your VP100/200

Sorenson VRS does not accept outgoing International Call SorensonVRS refused to pay International long distance calls.

if you make a International calls through VRS, You have to require your phone company calling card to charge to your phone bill or you can purchase cheapest pre-paid calling card to make international call on VRS.

Instruction to make International calls:

use your remote control to VP100 and VP200 and Dial your long distance phone company or Prepaid long distance toll-free access number or local access number then click VRS then wait for VRS Interpreter when the interpreter connected to you and you tell interpreter and dial your long distance calling card access number then your account number and/or PIN then enter (person who receive the call) international phone number to connect.

Thats correct.. Also, there is a way around the international call without need of prepaid cards.. If you have landland, VoIP or wireless (with international plan), you can just "forward the call", then call VRS to call that #, then unforward the #.. VoIP international plan is much cheaper.

Thats correct.. Also, there is a way around the international call without need of prepaid cards.. If you have landland, VoIP or wireless (with international plan), you can just "forward the call", then call VRS to call that #, then unforward the #.. VoIP international plan is much cheaper.

subscriber who have call feature like as call waiting, call forward, remote call forward, etc.... but VOIP provder and cellular provider have including call feature at no charge but local phone company customer have to order call feature for options

why you give out misinformation?

look here Sorenson VRS®

Back