Universal Health Care

Do you think there should be Universal Health Care?

• Yes

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
YOU DOMESTIC DISSENT! :mad2: Just kidding... What I'd like to see is people to stop driving huge-ass car and metro-area especially cities especially NYC to be bike/motorcycle-friendly. From what I hear... since Bloomberg took over, he was very anti-bike/moto and launched a rude cleansing - confiscating illegally-parked bikes, aggressive ticketing, etc... Now he, sir, is a Domestic Dissent :mad2:

Agreed.

Well, I haven't voted because I don't really know what the differences are between affordable health care and universal. I guess it is because it doesn't apply to me; nevertheless I should probably check it out, lol...

Well, I haven't voted because I don't really know what the differences are between affordable health care and universal. I guess it is because it doesn't apply to me; nevertheless I should probably check it out, lol...
Universal includes beings on all planets in the universe. It could be pricey. :D

One of the biggest problems with our health care system is that people without insurance are not able to afford preventive care. Preventive care has been shown to be the greatest factor in maintaining health and preventing serious helath problems from developing. People who cannot afford to pay for preventive care, and do not have isnurance, have to wait until they are seriously ill before seeking care, and then the cost of that care skyrockets.

Yes, I think that's how Sicko worded it. I have to see the documentary again.

So, is there a different way of paying preventive care (which would be out of pocket) and health coverage? I thought people need health care to have preventive care. I don't know if you're saying something else.

sorry to say but small car.... bicyling.... it's un-American :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: we eat lot and big. we carry big. we're soccer/hockey moms/dads. we're big people (except me).

ONLY IN USA! :cool2:

Yes, I agree with Jillio, that is where the problem lies. Eating big ain't good for your health Jiro! Not exercising (driving big cars) ain't good either.

We have no problem with taxes and social insurances...as long as we are happy everything what we get in return... :)

This is what I think would be. If what you get in return is satisfactory, then you will be happy in the long run paying a bit of tax.

About high gas price, we don´t drive big car (example SUV, etc) but small and normal car with save gas energy... ;)... We pick German car due save gas energy expense. Did you remember Sunshinelady´s comment at other thread over her compare experience between American and German car gas expense and said that gas expense drink a lot on American car than she was experienced in Germany to use small car with save gas energy... ? We have transportation and bicycle lanes, we can use... I use bicycle a lot... and only use car for work and big shopping...

I want the government to mandate sidewalks for new developing areas. They should have a certain amount of area to require sidewalks. I see people walking to work or the store on the side of the road. They don't live so far, and they are sometimes young people.

So I give props to the Europeans way of handling things more efficiently. That's what I don't like about America. In a way, things would drop down and give good things in return for what you pay.

Yes, I agree with Jillio, that is where the problem lies. Eating big ain't good for your health Jiro! Not exercising (driving big cars) ain't good either.
i'm a skinny guy :laugh2: but yes - they need to take control of their health. This obesity problem is insane.

This is what I think would be. If what you get in return is satisfactory, then you will be happy in the long run paying a bit of tax.
that's understatement... it should be.... "...paying a HELL of a tax." :cool2:

To cover for the Universal Health Care, it requires more taxes to cover for that yet Americans don't want higher taxes. It's the choices that we make... not much a choice to choose for us... so is the affordable health care system might be the way to go this time?! duh

I suspect that it might be due to those greedy doctors, hospital corps, and also lobbyists making sure that it stays the way as it has been and avoid the Universal Health Care system being in existence... so it makes them richer.

I watched a tv show not long ago and they said that other countries, which have UHC, those ones usually have less quality of doctors yet in America we have the best ones in the world yet too expensive.

Yep, it's a big problem we have in the USA indeed... now many early baby boomers are heading into an older society so it will stress even more as a consideration soon enough. Would like it to be reconsidered once more esp after the economy recovers, I hope.

Yes, I think that's how Sicko worded it. I have to see the documentary again.

So, is there a different way of paying preventive care (which would be out of pocket) and health coverage? I thought people need health care to have preventive care. I don't know if you're saying something else.

I want the government to mandate sidewalks for new developing areas. They should have a certain amount of area to require sidewalks. I see people walking to work or the store on the side of the road. They don't live so far, and they are sometimes young people.

So I give props to the Europeans way of handling things more efficiently. That's what I don't like about America. In a way, things would drop down and give good things in return for what you pay.

I'm going to try to clarify what I meant, just so I'm sure we are on the same page.:giggle:

What I meant was, when people don't have health insurance, they don't go to the doctor to get preventive care because they can't afford it. Without preventive and early care, they usually only get medical care when they have become seriously ill. It is much more expensive to treat a serious illness than to treat it early or with preventive care. That leads to astronimical medical costs that don't get paid, so the doctors and hospitals raise their fees to cover treating the costs of uninsured patients. People not having health care coverage affects us all in that way.

Yeah, I thought that's what you meant. I thought you were talking about something else I was not aware of lol.

Yes, I agree with what you say. I also think there's a few people that lack education about preventive health care. We should teach this to students in school. They teach us about dental care, sex education, hygiene, but I don't hear about health care.

Yeah, I thought that's what you meant. I thought you were talking about something else I was not aware of lol.

Yes, I agree with what you say. I also think there's a few people that lack education about preventive health care. We should teach this to students in school. They teach us about dental care, sex education, hygiene, but I don't hear about health care.

Absolutely.

maybe someone can answer me this.

Every year I see THOUSANDS of Canadians in Mexico filling up the Doctors & Dentists offices.
so lets see they have FREE Healthcare in Canada but they spend all that cash to get to Mexico, gas, airfare, hotel, food + now the cost of the treating Dr or Dentist + any meds

so why do they fill the Mexican Dr's offices where they have to pay when they have it free in Canada?

My Canadian friend just 2 days ago told me that her mother fell & broke her hip they waited like 5 hours in the emergency room she said b/c its free people take advantage of that well of course they do its the nature of people lets go see what we can get for free and thus creating a huge line.

I voted NO to free healthcare b/c there is no such thing as FREE
someone has to pay for it, higher taxes perhaps but there is no such thing as FREE.

Is this what Free Healthcare will be like?

Every year I see THOUSANDS of Canadians in Mexico filling up the Doctors & Dentists offices.
so lets see they have FREE Healthcare in Canada but they spend all that cash to get to Mexico, gas, airfare, hotel, food + now the cost of the treating Dr or Dentist + any meds

so why do they fill the Mexican Dr's offices where they have to pay when they have it free in Canada?

My Canadian friend just 2 days ago told me that her mother fell & broke her hip they waited like 5 hours in the emergency room she said b/c its free people take advantage of that well of course they do its the nature of people lets go see what we can get for free and thus creating a huge line.

someone has to pay for it, higher taxes perhaps but there is no such thing as FREE.

That's true. My friends are from in Canada too. There is free for Health Care. For example: You buy a magazine US's price is 5.99 and Canada's price is 9.99 and UK's price is 3.99. Which is the higher at books, magazine, and stuff? You answer it's Canada. But why it's free for health care? I think it's advantage of health care than goods.

I personally never live in Canada before. I just wonder why.

Your comment is a misleading...

Listen Canadian ADers´s comments and also Canadan´s comments in link, I posted as well... They said positive thing about their healthcare...

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/46824-us-isnt-ready-free-medical-like-canada.html

That's true. My friends are from in Canada too. There is free for Health Care. For example: You buy a magazine US's price is 5.99 and Canada's price is 9.99 and UK's price is 3.99. Which is the higher at books, magazine, and stuff? You answer it's Canada. But why it's free for health care? I think it's advantage of health care than goods.

:confused: the price of magazine has nothing do with healthcare issues.

I was at USA last year... I have to pay EXTRA for tax charge when I want to buy things from any shops... but here in Germany doesn´t.

As you said that magazine cost $5.99 in USA but you have to pay EXTRA tax for buy magazine... Correct?

:confused: the price of magazine has nothing do with healthcare issues.

I was at USA last year... I have to pay EXTRA for tax charge when I want to buy things from any shops... but here in Germany doesn´t.

As you said that magazine cost $5.99 in USA but you have to pay EXTRA tax for buy magazine... Correct?

I mean Canada is free for Health Care more than USA. USA is cheaper than Canada on Magazine and books. I don't understand why in Canada is free for health care. USA must pay the medical bills, visit to doctor, ER, Hospital and etc. I think it's not fair.

You post a link. I will check it out. Thank you for sent a link. It was old thread. :)

I mean Canada is free for Health Care more than USA. USA is cheaper than Canada on Magazine and books. I don't understand why in Canada is free for health care. USA must pay the medical bills, visit to doctor, ER, Hospital and etc. I think it's not fair.

You post a link. I will check it out. Thank you for sent a link. It was old thread. :)

Health care under the Candanian system is not "free". And those who use Medicare here in the U.S. are in effect receiving "free" health care. So what exactly is the point?

It's different currency rating. That's all.

Back