Under God to stay in the plegde At least for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't. I am not anti-religion, but I think that government should be neutral towards regligion. Yes, I know that we are a majority Christian country, BUT that doesn't negate the fact that not everyone in this country follows the same religion or belief system. I wonder how the Christians would feel if they had to say " One nation under Diana"(the Wiccan Goddess) or One Nation under Budda" or One Nation Under Saddath Or One Nation Under He-Who-Can-Not-Be Named Or One Nation Under Some Obscure God From Some Obscure Regligion"

deafdyke said:
I don't. I am not anti-religion, but I think that government should be neutral towards regligion. Yes, I know that we are a majority Christian country, BUT that doesn't negate the fact that not everyone in this country follows the same religion or belief system. I wonder how the Christians would feel if they had to say " One nation under Diana"(the Wiccan Goddess) or One Nation under Budda" or One Nation Under Saddath Or One Nation Under He-Who-Can-Not-Be Named Or One Nation Under Some Obscure God From Some Obscure Regligion"

I think that there's goin' to be a "marytr" if, there's NO one nation under God.

deafdyke said:

Glad I know I am not alone. Exaclty.

How about this.. One nation under the sun, the moon, and the stars... :roll:

tekkmortal said:
How about this.. One nation under the sun, the moon, and the stars... :roll:

lmao Come on !! Sun, moon and the stars can KILL you... and it don't give you the freedom to have the peace. *laughin' hard* You are so cute for sayin' that ! hehehe

Hmm, I may be a Australian, but I feel the need to voice my humble opinion. I reckon it should stay. It's the American way *shrugs*.

However, there should be a fine line split between church and government as it's too meshed nowadays. Not a good idea.

This guy Newdow reminds me of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, an atheist who pushed to eliminate prayers in schools in the US. She succeeded from what I have heard.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but honestly I think it is hypocritcal to want to take "under God" out of the pledge. That man who wanted it taken out felt that his beliefs were being threatened, but what about WHAT he is doing to those who believe in God? He is threatening their beliefs by doing that.

We should keep it!! Frankly, im so sick of people griping about it..I wish they would just leave it alone and ignore it when we say the pledge..We dont care about their beliefs..geez.......

Defee said:
We should keep it!! Frankly, im so sick of people griping about it..I wish they would just leave it alone and ignore it when we say the pledge..We dont care about their beliefs..geez.......

I just posted as above.

I for one am not comfortable to say it. I always skip that word then go along the rest of it. It makes no sense to me because it is supposed to be USA only, not combined with relgious and state. KNOW what i mean. oh well!

Miss-Delectable said:
Hmm, I may be a Australian, but I feel the need to voice my humble opinion. I reckon it should stay. It's the American way *shrugs*.

However, there should be a fine line split between church and government as it's too meshed nowadays. Not a good idea.

This guy Newdow reminds me of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, an atheist who pushed to eliminate prayers in schools in the US. She succeeded from what I have heard.

I notice Australia's flag use the cross under United Kingdom.
"May god save queen/king"
Still in religous. :)

Still same thing here...
Honour for Queen.. Dollar by Canada money..

I think that was conflict gov't btwn Queen's way and also Religous too.. Too much mixed out there..

IMO, American has two conflicts way of Religous/Gov't of "Under the God" by money dollars.. you see that ?

What makes who invest and wanted publish for Dollars under the honour of Queen or Wha..ever.. Any debate?

Bullym0m said:
Still same thing here...
Honour for Queen.. Dollar by Canada money..

I think that was conflict gov't btwn Queen's way and also Religous too.. Too much mixed out there..

IMO, American has two conflicts way of Religous/Gov't of "Under the God" by money dollars.. you see that ?

What makes who invest and wanted publish for Dollars under the honour of Queen or Wha..ever.. Any debate?

ha ha sure. Its the same idea as the UNDER GOD and IN GOD WE TRUST. Oh i find the link if you guys are interested in reading the reviews what others think about this in your own time.
http://www.petitiononline.com/igwtrfc/petition.html

the way i look at it and deafdyke has a point as well -- why have the "Under God" when in this nation today we have SO MANY different religious denominations that calls God by various names and the church and state/government should be kept separate anyhow IMO -- ppl should be allowed to worship their God however they like and have the government not interfere in that even if it might apply to the athiests saying "there is no God" it should still be kept separate due to a personal belief not a national belief in one name if u get what im trying to explain

"Oh God! You Devil!"

Attachments

• 630027053X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    630027053X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 31
illustrator said:
I notice Australia's flag use the cross under United Kingdom.
"May god save queen/king"
Still in religous. :)

Illustrator,
Actually, Australia may have a similar flag to the UK. BUT we no longer sing May God Save the Queen. It was removed from the anthem years ago, way before I was born. So, Australia are not as religious as you assumed. :)

Bullym0m said:
American has two conflicts way of Religous/Gov't of "Under the God" by money dollars.. you see that ?

It doesn't say that on any dollars, It say it this way ' In God We Trust '.....

Whitedove said:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but honestly I think it is hypocritcal to want to take "under God" out of the pledge. That man who wanted it taken out felt that his beliefs were being threatened, but what about WHAT he is doing to those who believe in God? He is threatening their beliefs by doing that.

I second that also, We wouldn't be on earth if it wasn't for ' God .....

And BTW- just for clarification. The seperation between church and state was actually created so that the "state" would stay out of the "church".

I think "Under God" should stay because "God" can incorporate all of the "Gods" for those who practice religions other than Christianity. This way, everybody is in.

Interesting spin Tousi, I've always believed that all the different religions out there are just different aspects of the One Creator, but unfortunatly your spin doesn't include athetists! As I said before the government needs to be neutral on religion so that NO groups are singled out for special treatment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back