Under God to stay in the plegde At least for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
*scoffs*
For you "Purists" the Allegiance should be done with a Nazi salute (with the right arm extended toward the flag, palm open).
That was the original way we saluted the flag in this country until 1942.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/wallace/wallace139.html

Go figure, huh?

Attachments

• bellamy.gif
    bellamy.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
tekkmortal said:
How about this.. One nation under the sun, the moon, and the stars... :roll:

I support what you are saying, but it won't happen. To insert the above into the pledge would serve to support pagan beliefs, and we wouldn't want to do that. It would piss off the Christians. :eek:

:roll:

Leave it on there.

And let others made up their own pledge.

It would be fun to do so.

But anyway, why need to pledge to a dumb flag anyway...

USA sucks anyway.

*scoffs*
For you "Purists" the Allegiance should be done with a Nazi salute (with the right arm extended toward the flag, palm open).
That was the original way we saluted the flag in this country until 1942.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/wallace/wallace139.html

Go figure, huh?

hmm looking at this image and I found this actual photo of old american pledge salute (of course it was not like this in all states)
1892_Pledge_of_Allegiance2.jpg

This is called "Bellamy salute" and this photo was found via http://bureaucrash.com/node/1415?size=_original

the original source of that image in that above link is from this site;
NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Pledge of allegiance
notice other photos show the salute that I used back when I was in school...first photo at top of course and the other two use different salutes.
(see the part about "Knights of Columbus" failed attempts)

I agree with one about the issue of separation of church and state. This what I see, is the protection of the church or church is separate from the power of the gvrnmnt. Bec gvrmnt reverent the Higher Authority, who is God Himself. As of Pledge, about "under God", sound like God bit them and take a big issue of it. Well, as one said, since under God, is the the reason JW won't say the plede,, truth is, whether if their is under God or not, they won't do it anyway, bec their beliefs is its idolatory for pledge to the flag. In the early American history, even athiest doesn't believe in God, but still revere those who worship God. Whether they keep or remove Kunder God", God is still in this country. Remember, Daniel, Shadrach,Mechach and Obednego been facing challenges under King Nebachednezzar. So, there is some things I learned, whether gvnmnt forbid for us to worship God or not, each person make a choice, but that will leave the judgement of God what each of us decide. So, all the clashes won't go anywhere. Yeah, if a person refuse to believe, than that's a person decision. True, we must speak out, but must be appropriate way than going out in violent ways. But as for me, I do support to keep "under God". If not agree, I respect of yours.

That's reason about "God" is banned when pledge the US flag at all public school in all part of West USA including Hawaii Alaska but it's passed in late 90's or so.

For example, in our school are required to say follow like that...
I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

If you don't follow their rule then you will kick out from class and stuck in office for dean to write up the form to parent for punishment. The sue in court isn't work at all since law was passed.

We don't want force us to demands on religion, also we support separate in between government and churches. I don't care if serious christian or bible thumpers get mad at our 9th district, also AFA is used complain against us then government told AFA to shut up and move on, leave our district alone.

Last edited:
Interesting spin Tousi, I've always believed that all the different religions out there are just different aspects of the One Creator, but unfortunatly your spin doesn't include athetists!

Nor does it include polytheists and religious nontheists.

I know I'll always support the Pledge of Allegiance to say "Under God"
I also know everyone has the freedom of religion. Which is fine.
So the people that don't believe, when saying the Pledge of Allegiance,
they should know they don't have to say "Under God"
Just when that part comes, just don't say anything
then continue with the rest. Agree??:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back