Tsunami!!!

People here are getting Iodine tablets....Nothing wrong with being prepared....no telling how much truth we are getting from Japan. Would be fun to see the evacuation plan fo 70 million people.... :shock:

I had to look this up to understand why people are purchasing iodine tablets.

People here are getting Iodine tablets....Nothing wrong with being prepared....no telling how much truth we are getting from Japan. Would be fun to see the evacuation plan fo 70 million people.... :shock:

Yeah - I know. :shock:

Radiation poisoning is very real.

I get dibs on the abandoned one in South Georgia ( uh .. yeah):

http://www.silohome.com/

and here are the famous fallout shelter guides from the 50's - 60's

http://wardomatic.blogspot.com/2006/12/more-from-fallout-shelter-handbook.html

(kids these days are real slackers lol )

Last edited:
This is bizarre too - the ground is splitting open and water is gushing out :shock: I guess the ocean is reclaiming their land:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkHxDZGSM7E]YouTube - Japan ground cracking open and moving (CNN video) - March 11th 2011.[/ame]

Its like a peice of jello on a plate and someone keeps smacking the plate

Many of those schools have been torn down.

I don't recall any of the schools that I attended in the 50's and 60's being designated as shelters. :dunno: (I attended 11 different schools in four states.)

Several public schools I attended as a child have fallout shelters, and they have the fallout signs posted on the buildings, with arrows indicating where the shelters are. They are still there today.

Me too. I broke out in hives and itched all over. No fun! Thankfully it wasn't worse than that!
My former SIL also has an allergy to iodine. She has to be careful to avoid salt with iodine and seafood. She lives in a coastal state, so avoiding the popular seafood is no fun. Of course, any medicines, topical or ingested, with iodine have to be avoided.

Her husband works at a nuclear plant, and they keep bottles of iodine tablets at home. I hope she never has to use them.

My former SIL also has an allergy to iodine. She has to be careful to avoid salt with iodine and seafood. She lives in a coastal state, so avoiding the popular seafood is no fun. Of course, any medicines, topical or ingested, with iodine have to be avoided.

Her husband works at a nuclear plant, and they keep bottles of iodine tablets at home. I hope she never has to use them.

That sucks .... I grew up eating seafood. My best friend's father owned a shrimp boat fleet and we went with him every summer.

I grew up near Tarpon Springs, Florida (the sponge docks).

That sucks .... I grew up eating seafood. My best friend's father owned a shrimp boat fleet and we went with him every summer.

I grew up near Tarpon Springs, Florida (the sponge docks).
Having grown up in coastal Connecticut, and now living in coastal South Carolina, I'm definitely a seafood fan. :drool:

I love the seafood trucks here at Fisherman's Wharf. Great places in South Carolina for sure.

I remember my old elementary school had a fallout shelter.

I love fish!

I don't remember my elementary schools having designated shelters but it's possible that they did and I wasn't aware of it. :lol:

Just about every school I attended was near a military installation, so we were potential targets during the Cold War. For several years I lived in an area that was encircled by a submarine base, a submarine shipyard, a nuclear power plant, and New York City. In case of an attack, we were toast.

Back