Trouble with brake(s)?

E

eternity

anybody who have the problem with brakes either the front or back?

I had a 84 Audi GT with a pretty severe front brake plm. brake pedals went waaay to floor when I depress it for a stop that I had to use E-brake same time (pull it slowly not quick or car winds up doing a 360 ). Found out it was a pretty nasty front wheel bearing went bad causing that problem with front brakes. Audi's and some vw's happen to have that plm also.

The worst car I ever drove brakewise was that damn POS of a 78 Toyota. Even with worn out brakes and not touch the e-brake, the car twice spun out doing 360's and locked pretty severe. After that I swore never to buy Japanese cars anymore cuz I have shitty luck with 'em when it comes to brakes.

I managed to put almost 100k on a new set of brakes for my 94 Ranger truck. Weird

I always do a seat belt check....go about 50 mph...then hit the brake hard..make sure the seat belt is still good. :p

I know that will ruin the brakes...but oh well..

I have never had problems with brakes....just regularly clean and replace them.

pedals went waaay to floor when I depress it for a stop

mmm...Today.. I used my car to go somewhere when i go back (reverse) and it wouldnt STOP COMPLETE.. i was like wtf? Maybe it will be ok when I drive.. but i realized there is NO BRAKE at all.. i had to impact to PUMP the brake to make it to STOP.. it was so difficult to stop the COMPLETE... i had to go slow down .. drove for about 9-10 miles.. and stop by my parents and use their brake fluid and filled it in .. try to pump and test it to let it go flow to see if it works or not.. and I went to drive around... for just a several miles.. (the light goes off --warn about brake) it came back on.. I felt it must be FLUID which it might be LEAKED?

I do not know about it yet.. but I ll take it to FIRESTONE.. to replace a PIPE--maybe or there must be something else.. i dont know yet.

does car shake when u pump the pedal?

It can either be the brakelines or the wheel bearing so better check whole brakes

I forgot to mention the Audi shaked like hell every time I pressed the brakes on when it had the bad wheel bearing. (I swore it was like riding a bucking bronco on the highway)

Well my back brake needs to be replaced even though it cost like 525 bucks at firestone.. ofc it is very expensive.. but it must be PIPE id o not know i ll find out..

But my friends and i were debating about BRAKE issue.. He is engineering and told me that he d help me and I could pay only 3-4 bucks for just PIPE? than spend so much money.. they think firestone just RIPs me off. I was like money is money I dun care.. I just wanna it to be FIXED tho. :(

Just had fix my front brakes last few weeks ago at MIDAS cost me 500 dollars. :(

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
eternity... I would have fixed your brakes for free! :naughty:

I knowwwwwww but u r not here.. :madfawk:

ahh it's near $500...oh well.. I thought it s funny when it charges me too much.. Why cant i be so disappointed about it if it is too much $$.

me :crazy:

Originally posted by eternity
I knowwwwwww but u r not here.. :madfawk:

ahh it's near $500...oh well.. I thought it s funny when it charges me too much.. Why cant i be so disappointed about it if it is too much $$.

me :crazy:
Oh your saying that you can afford it ? :sure:

500 rip off

be lucky it aint a friggin' Ferrari cuz the bill would go thru the roof!

had a 94 tahoe and the rear brkes went out had to replace the whole rear brake system which a friend of mine did it for free but i had to get the parts which arent cheap

Originally posted by Bowak
Humm, My brakes is fucked up...am going to have it looked at soon.

Why don't you do my type of seat belt test? Oh wait...it won't be a real test with crappy brakes. :p

I do that a few times, will do so when i get my new brakes installed :D

I've had problems with my brakes before. Once, I didn't change the brakes and it wore down to the rotor disc scratching it all up. I had to get both replaced. Ugh!

Back