Travel Trivia: Can you guess the answer to the following question?

Third Round

Welcome to Third Round of questions!

Here is the first question:

This famous landmark erupts more frequently than any of the other big ones. Its average interval between eruptions is about 76 minutes, varying from 45 - 110 minutes. An eruption lasts 1 1/2 to 5 minutes, expels 3,700 - 8,400 gallons (14,000 - 32,000 liters) of boiling water, and reaches heights of 106 - 184 feet (30 - 55m).

Good Luck!

Java you should know this! LOL

It's mt kilauea at Volcano National Park in Big Island, Hawaii. I think??

Edit: Somehow I think that wasn't the answer Kootchie had in mind! Me :crazy:

Last edited:
Hmmm..... I also am thinking of old Faithful at the Jellystone Park... Ehh, Yellowstone Park in Wymoing.

Liza is right, 10 points for her guess of Old Faithful at Yellowstone Park. :applause:

Here is the second question:

Known as America's first resort, this city is home to many elegant mansions, the Cliff Walk, Ocean Drive, numerous art museums and galleries, the Swiss Colony and one of the yatching capitals.

Originally posted by kuifje75
Liza is right, 10 points for her guess of Old Faithful at Yellowstone Park. :applause:

Here is the second question:

Known as America's first resort, this city is home to many elegant mansions, the Cliff Walk, Ocean Drive, numerous art museums and galleries, the Swiss Colony and one of the yatching capitals.
My home state, and where I lived for 4 years, NEWPORT RI.

Prostock, please do not quote me. Just give me your answer, ok? ;)

:applause: 10 points for Prostock

Third question:

Situated on the area of Three Rivers, this is also known as America's Iron and Steel Capital.

Nooooo, that is not what I was looking for. This city is also home to CMU University.

Yay :applause: Prostock got the answer. He gets 10 points!

This concludes our round tonight.

Totals are:

Fly Free: 35 points
Prostock: 20 points
Liza: 10 points
SilenceGold: 10 points
sablecourt: 10 points
Javapride: 10 points
bbnt: 5 points

Come back Thursday night for fourth round! Good night!

Sorry guys, this game is rescheduled until Friday night @ 10 pm. I was sooo tired and had to sleep.

Welcome to LONG Fourth Round!

Here's the first question:

In 1876 when this laboratory was built, it was the first industrial research laboratory in the United States.On December 31, 1879, the first practical incandescent electric lamp was invented in this laboratory.

Good luck!

Well, it's not Edison, NJ, but you are thinking the right idea.
Edison Laboratories, in Menlo Park, NJ.

:applause: 10 points for Aphrodite.

Next question:
This place contains the world's richest Oligocene epoch fossil beds, dating 23 to 35 million years old. Scientists can study the evolution of mammal species such as the horse, sheep, rhinoceros and pig in the formations found in this area.

Back