Traditional Marriage...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bible says a lot of very specific things that we don't choose to interprete literally. Men marrying their daughters, having more than one wife, etc. And by the way, I do believe in God and his word. Don't Make assumptions about me. It's just that my understanding of his word is more inclusive than yours. I don't read the bible literally, but as a parable that guides his children

that sounds like divorce and adultery.... not homosexuality.

still doesn't say anything about prohibiting homosexuality.

Great...this gets to my original question. How does gays marrying destroy the marriage relationship?

No I am not quoting Bible.
Oh? You normally use the words "thou shalt not?" My mistake.

You missed the point. I believe many followers are not in position to judge others because they are fallible. People's understanding of Bible is always fallible.
Since you don't really know what the Bible says, it seems like you wouldn't know about other people's understanding of the Bible.

Many Christians as seen in news holding up hateful banners have repeatedly judged homosexuals as sinful beings and they believe that they will go to hell.
Many? Is that right? How many are "many" to you? (Counting the same ones "repeatedly" doesn't count either.) None of the Christians I know (and I know quite a few around the world) have ever done that.

Of course, if there are some people who claim to be Christians doing that, it will make the news. The peaceful ones won't be on TV.

again... leave the judging to God, not humans because humans are fallible and flawed. they are not ready to judge.
Christians obey what God tells them to do, not what Jiro (or any other man) says to do.

The bible says a lot of very specific things that we don't choose to interprete literally. Men marrying their daughters, having more than one wife, etc. And by the way, I do believe in God and his word. Don't Make assumptions about me. It's just that my understanding of his word is more inclusive than yours. I don't read the bible literally, but as a parable that guides his children

Exactly!

It boggles me as to why would the "Perfect Being" would be intolerant of this and that. "He" has never specifically stated such thing. "His words" are not supposed to be easy for an ordinary man to understand... hence human's understanding of it is always fallible.

"He" wants a man to overcome all flawed human emotions and ascends above it. There - he'll see the truth, logic, and most importantly - an unconditional love and acceptance for all beings. That's what all religions have in their teachings.

Oh? You normally use the words "thou shalt not?" My mistake.
what you just explained above very much confirmed my "thou shalt not judge" statement.

Since you don't really know what the Bible says, it seems like you wouldn't know about other people's understanding of the Bible.
What I do know is that all religions share a lot of similarities.

Many? Is that right? How many are "many" to you? (Counting the same ones "repeatedly" doesn't count either.) None of the Christians I know (and I know quite a few around the world) have ever done that.
that's fine. we can agree to disagree.

Of course, if there are some people who claim to be Christians doing that, it will make the news. The peaceful ones won't be on TV.

Christians obey what God tells them to do, not what Jiro (or any other man) says to do.
Since you believe humans are fallible... any chance that Christians may have misunderstood what God tells them?

that sounds like divorce and adultery.... not homosexuality.
God says a man and a woman. How would that include same-sex unions?

still doesn't say anything about prohibiting homosexuality.
Other verses do.

We've been down this road before, and I've posted all the references before. It doesn't really matter since people don't accept them. If you choose not to believe what God says, that's up to you. Just don't say such-and-such isn't in the Bible when it is, or misquote the Bible. That's really dishonest.

Other verses do.

We've been down this road before, and I've posted all the references before. It doesn't really matter since people don't accept them. If you choose not to believe what God says, that's up to you. Just don't say such-and-such isn't in the Bible when it is, or misquote the Bible. That's really dishonest.

If your state legalizes same sex marriage so it will ruin your marriage?

If yes so care to explain about how your marriage will be affect.

just because it didn't say man and man specifically doesn't mean it's prohibited.

Other verses do.

It is not that I choose not to believe what God says. I'm not an atheist. It's that I believe people are fallible in understanding what God says.

To even think a man understands what God says is comical.... and even foolishly arrogant otherwise we wouldn't all be fighting each other and judging others. The only human I know who understood God better than everybody else is Mother Teresa.

"Mother Teresa loved those who had same-sex attractions, but she still called them to purity. In fact, it is precisely because she loved them that she called them to practice chastity. It is a false form of compassion to lead others to think that they can find fulfillment by living outside the will of God."
I'm surprised that you included this quote. It definitely doesn't support same-sex marriage.

To be fair...I dont agree with what you say the bible says. I believe that your interpretation is incorrect. I believe that people don't accept your references because they don't believe they say what you think they do.

I get that you believe that your understanding of the word I'd superior to mine. But I still don't get the basis of your belief. To me it doesn't seem to be based in the word. I'm really trying to understand...my mind is open.

just because it didn't say man and man specifically doesn't mean it's prohibited.
Yes, it does. God specifically created woman to be the perfect mate for man. If woman was the perfect mate for man, then anything else would be an imperfect combination.

He specifically said a man and a woman; He didn't say two people.

It is not that I choose not to believe what God says. I'm not an atheist. It's that I believe people are fallible in understanding what God says.
If you believe God Jehovah, then you believe what He says. If you don't believe Him, then you wouldn't believe a liar, would you? Either God tells the truth or he is a liar. Either you believe Him or you don't.

Circular logic. You seem to be saying that if you don't believe Reba's interpretation of gods word, then you don't believe. Every christian's faith is based on man's interpretation of gods word. That's why there are so many different types of christian.

I'm going to bed, but I look forward to your response.

I'm surprised that you included this quote. It definitely doesn't support same-sex marriage.

no. it did not specifically stated that God does NOT condone it.

Mother Teresa
If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
thou shalt not judge.

There is only one God and He is God to all;
therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God.
I've always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu,
a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic.
everybody is loved - including homosexuals.

When a poor person dies of hunger,
it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her.
It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to
give that person what he or she needed.
when you judge homosexuals and not supporting them, you are denying them of love as part of friends of Jesus.

Yes, it does. God specifically created woman to be the perfect mate for man. If woman was the perfect mate for man, then anything else would be an imperfect combination.

He specifically said a man and a woman; He didn't say two people.
because it's a recorded event.

if he were that specific about prohibiting homosexuality, then he would have said so. since he didn't say so... then you are still missing the point.... hence human's understanding of God is fallible.

If you believe God Jehovah, then you believe what He says. If you don't believe Him, then you wouldn't believe a liar, would you? Either God tells the truth or he is a liar. Either you believe Him or you don't.
I do believe in God and I believe that our understanding of God is fallible... therefore I believe your interpretation is flawed. and I'm sure I got some parts wrong too since I'm only a human :)

no. it did not specifically stated that God does NOT condone it.
Yes, it did. It said that they were living outside God's will.

when you judge homosexuals and not supporting them, you are denying them of love as part of friends of Jesus.
Even Teresa said, that is false compassion. True love is showing them the way to Christ and eternal salvation. Letting people continue their lives entrapped in sin without showing them a way out is not love.

because it's a recorded event.

if he were that specific about prohibiting homosexuality, then he would have said so. since he didn't say so...
Yes, He did say homosexuality is wrong, in the Old and New Testaments. I've posted them before, and we debated until the threads were locked. Why do you keep saying that He didn't? Are you trying to get me to post more verses so we can guarantee this thread gets locked?

Yes, He did say homosexuality is wrong, in the Old and New Testaments. I've posted them before, and we debated until the threads were locked. Why do you keep saying that He didn't?
so are you saying humans are INFALLIBLE?

Are you trying to get me to post more verses so we can guarantee this thread gets locked?
what's the difference if you're going to post a few more or a much more verses? we've already crossed a bridge of no return anyway.

Romans 1 (KJV):

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

so are you saying humans are INFALLIBLE?
No. God's Word is.

what's the difference if you're going to post a few more or a much more verses? we've already crossed a bridge of no return anyway.
Just remember, I didn't start it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back