Toddler found playing on US freeway

On a Saturday morning before 9 a.m.????? You’ve got to be kidding!

We have no idea if they were just empty boxes, heavy boxes, or just something to block the door. The point is the media only reports what they want to make the situation look worse than it is. That is what draws our attention and causes us to continue reading. I am sure the full truth and both sides of the story will come out in court. I will wait till all the evidence is provided before I jump to any conclusions.

I mean if she cant afford a child proof lock or if for some reason, the leasing management refuse to add a special lock, what about filling up boxes with super heavy stuff if she already knew that her child has a tendacy to get out of the apt? That is what I mean..not what the media is saying.

Once upon a time a young mother, who happened to be a teacher on summer break, was sleeping in at the late hour of 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning. Said mother was dog-sitting for her parents 2 toy poodles. When she woke up, the young mother found that her toddler had already gotten out of bed, so she went to the living room to find her daughter. Walking down the hall, the mother noticed patches of hair all down the hallway. When she came to the living room, she found 2 extremely bald poodles (not a pretty sight) and a 2-year-old who had decided to give herself bangs that reached all the way to the back of her head.
The moral of this story....when you have children, you can't supervise 24-hours a day.

:rofl: :rofl: That was a very funny story and yeah, you do bring up a very good point.

Once upon a time a young mother, who happened to be a teacher on summer break, was sleeping in at the late hour of 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning. Said mother was dog-sitting for her parents 2 toy poodles. When she woke up, the young mother found that her toddler had already gotten out of bed, so she went to the living room to find her daughter. Walking down the hall, the mother noticed patches of hair all down the hallway. When she came to the living room, she found 2 extremely bald poodles (not a pretty sight) and a 2-year-old who had decided to give herself bangs that reached all the way to the back of her head.
The moral of this story....when you have children, you can't supervise 24-hours a day.

Granted that there are incidents that happen and u are right, children cant be supervised 24 hours a day but in this case it seems just too much of a coincidence that the apt was in no condition to be lived in, the door wasnt secured enough, and the fact that it wasnt the first time her child got out and was found wandering outside.

That my opinion and if I am wrong, then I will apologize for jumping so quickly. :)

if she needed help she can ask a friend or some1 to watch the kid while she need to take a nap to have more enegry but once again she made mistake not locking the apartment.. so I think that will teach her to be more careful when it comes to having kids.. I remember one time when I was with my mom one kid was outside by herself she was like 1 or 2 years old and she was walking around on a sidewalk while parents was in the house i was like :ugh3: and we didn't leave til the parent came out running to get the kid cuz we don't want to see the kid get hurt.. blah should had called police on stupid parents :roll:

LuciaDisturbed said:
Small children having access to scissors unsupervised isn't funny. (no offense to Eve)
I can assure you that the scissors were not readily available. This child was capable of getting to anything she wanted by the age of 18 months. When scissors and markers were put on top of the refrigerator to keep them out of her reach, she would pull out drawers to form a staircase and pile up phone books and cook books to reach what she wanted. My point here is that children are quite brilliant and very resourceful when they want to be.

wildzerica06 said:
if she needed help she can ask a friend or some1 to watch the kid while she need to take a nap to have more enegry but once again she made mistake not locking the apartment..
Again, this happened before 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning. This wasn’t “nap time”, it was “SLEEP time”. And how do you know she didn’t lock the apartment? She said herself that the child was capable of unlocking the door by himself.

I can assure you that the scissors were not readily available. This child was capable of getting to anything she wanted by the age of 18 months. When scissors and markers were put on top of the refrigerator to keep them out of her reach, she would pull out drawers to form a staircase and pile up phone books and cook books to reach what she wanted. My point here is that children are quite brilliant and very resourceful when they want to be.

I believe you...it's just that...small children managing to get their hands on such things like you just mentioned above, it's scary and just isn't a laughing matter. I wasn't accusing you. :)

hmmmm a mother....probably single....over-worked.....having just moved to a new city.....2 very young, energetic children.....no help......taking a nap from EXHAUSTION....go figure

rather than criticizing, were any of us there to lend a hand so that this poor woman didn't have to collapse from exhaustion, thus leaving 2 young children to run wild?
Interesting point.

... what about filling up boxes with super heavy stuff if she already knew that her child has a tendacy to get out of the apt?
Not such a good idea because that can be a fire hazard. A person should never block any of the exits.

Perhaps mom could get a deadbolt lock that requires a key to unlock, and then keep the key on a chain around her neck or wrist when she's sleeping?

Or maybe she could use a numerical key pad for the lock? (and don't let the kids see which numbers she uses)

Or maybe use an alarm that goes off when the door opens?
Entrance Alarms, Emergency Exit Alarm, Free Shipping

Not such a good idea because that can be a fire hazard. A person should never block any of the exits.

Perhaps mom could get a deadbolt lock that requires a key to unlock, and then keep the key on a chain around her neck or wrist when she's sleeping?

Or maybe she could use a numerical key pad for the lock? (and don't let the kids see which numbers she uses)

Entrance Alarms, Emergency Exit Alarm, Free Shipping

Those are good suggestions. Wonder why the mom didnt get them in the 6 months she lived in that apt knowing that her child has gotten out before?

My husband thinks he heard about that story on the radio. He is not sure if it is another case or the same one but the report stated that the mother had been tested positive for drugs. Oh boy if it is that same mother.

Hi Lucia, What I meant was that the moral of the story that Eve told was alittle bit funny. You gotta be honest and admit it is alittle bit funny especially with a bald poodle. :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, A kid with a scissors is about the same as a kid carrying a pocketknife the wrong way, forgetting to be very responsible as he was taught to be by his father and he is being very careless and then unfortunately, an accident happens, the kid trips and falls, the pocketknife goes through the body. That is not a very good situation and would make for a very bad day. I mean, it can even happen with a pencil at school, he falls and trips then there he is laying in a pool of his own blood. Basically anything the kid has in his hands gotta be supervised.

a friend of mine is a good mother and is married.. she work too.. but she was in bathroom and came out saw her daughter scribbling all over her desk with permanent marker.. she freaked out and told her daughter no no .. she looked at her momma innocently like i didnt do it.. she said wow kids are mischevious.. shes right..
just like my son when he was 1 yrs old.. he managed to get a permament marker from the drawer and sneaked into my bedroom and draw all over himself.. then on walls in bedroom and the hallways.. it was less than 5 mins that i didnt see him? cuz he was so quiet.. so i went and check on him to see what he was doing.. lol gosh.. then i laughed at him cuz he look funny!
gosh what a good memory that was! hehe.. i managed to snap few pics of him too for his baby book! lol..

kids will do anything.. they are mischevious.. i was mischevious when i was little girl too.. i managed to get scissors and cut my hairs when i was 5.. my mom freaked out.. LOL.. i escaped over the hill to play with cows and bulls ..my mom was worried about me.. she couldnt find me.. finally found me under my bed asleep.. that was that one day when i did it.. i didnt do anymore.. but i kept escaping to play with cows and bulls but i came back to the house after that.. instead of hiding under the bed.. :lol:

Reba said:

These are wonderful ideas, I know, I’ve tried them all lol However, these things do require money and who knows if this woman has the funds available for such purchases? The apartment is only required by law to provide a deadbolt, and nothing beyond.

shel90 said:
My husband thinks he heard about that story on the radio. He is not sure if it is another case or the same one but the report stated that the mother had been tested positive for drugs. Oh boy if it is that same mother.
Like I said before, if it turns out that the reason she was passed out in the apartment is that she was on drugs, then “hang ‘er high”, but at 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning, I am tempted to believe she was just asleep, like most people at that time.

I just prefer to wait until the courts get ALL the facts, since I know how skewed the media reports often are.

I really like what Cheri brought up....."WHERE IS THE FATHER IN ALL THIS?" Talk about neglectful. So many men procreate and then don't follow through by being there, financially or physically, for their children after the seed has been planted. These deadbeat dads deserve to be held legally responsible every bit as much as the mother, if not more so. At least she was THERE.

Good question there Shel90, and of course toddlers are an active bunch simple because they have lots of energy but however protecting children are our #1 priority and our children's protection is our responsibility and since toddlers are very curious, they don’t have the knowledge or experience to avoid danger or keep their hands off etc...but to prevent her toddler from opening doors that shouldn''t be opened in the first place, all the mother had to do was to buy a lock bolt with a key, it doesn't cost that much money either, I was very poor when I had both of my children but I made sure my children were safe from harm...I'm just a bit surprise that this happened for the second time, yet she seem not so concerned...If my toddler had opened the door for the very first time, I would have done something to prevent him from opening it again, so it kind of makes me wonder why didn't the mother do that?....I honestly don't know what I would do if I've witnessed a toddler walking in the middle of a busy street or highway...:shrugs:

Another issue regarding putting a keyed deadbolt lock on the door is whether or not the apartment would allow it. When you sign a rental agreement, part of that agreement is that you will not make any changes to the property, including changing the locks. Maybe she should ask the landlord if she could put the lock in, I don't know. *shrugs*

As for the father being in Florida, the point is he isn't there helping tend to his children.

So true about the rental agreement but there could be alot of reason why the father wasn't there, for all we know she could have left him and took the children and moved to Indiana :dunno:

Since there's not enough evidences or reasons why the father isn't there, should we keep on jumping to conclusions here?...

oh my.. I am glad that kid not get hurt at all.. at least the drivers think twice and avoid hit..

Isnt it interesting how some of us are willing to bash the mothers without knowing more while others are willing to bash the father? I think the best thing for all of us to express our gratefullness that the child is safe and just wait and see for more facts on the parents.

Back