This is why dating online is bad for you

Off the track, you know who Endymion are, and what he looks like. Do you have a picture of him to post in here? I know many women in here desperately wants to know. *insert wicked laughter* ;)
Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to photograph him. If I were to take a picture of a fellow AD'er, it would have been me_punctured, and I would have made a wall poster! ;) At any rate, I did come across a picture which reminded me so much of Endymion...

headless.jpg

Yes, I'm evil. :) If it helps any, he has all the desirable attributes any eligible bachelor would have, and certainly has my envy.

I heard this happened quite a bit through the years since mid-90s. I didnt get online till oh... November 1998. That is quite a bit of time ago. Well, at first, I loved that idea to find someone rather than in my hometown because it is a dying city and everyone is moving away.

1999 was a great year for me to meet so many ladies in person after meeting them online. In fact, 9 of them! Both hearing and deaf. Okay.. I learned a lot through that year. Quickly I had to guarded myself with unexpected. First one I met online sounded my type. But in person, whoa!! Very different! Too much of this personality she was! Doesnt fit my need. Then I went on.. But I didnt find any attractions through them except for one I really liked. But I felt a conflict of interest: she worked for an insurance company the same one I have as my provider. She is an investigator for fraud. I did not want her to see my records! Its more of "what if" stuff. I disliked that so I had to lose a good one! Then it gotten harder when 2000 came around and beyond. Oh boy. Dating online gotten bad... many frauds and too many Filippinas and Africans were after me. I did NOT want a foreigner! Too costly after reading Life Magaine in 1993 or 94 about a guy who spend thousands of dollars and sold off his things just to fly over to Russia for love. He found her and paid her way here PLUS her family!! Oh brother! Do not get me wrong. I love Filippinas. Beautiful women! I thought it would be better to go to events outside of my hometown and meet the ladies FIRST before chatting online. I thought correct and very cautious this way. Why? I have proof.

I went to a SBCD conference in West Palm Beach, Fla in 2001 and met someone who is so wonderful. We enjoyed our week and really gotten to know each other in person. Enough to chat online daily. We did! We got engaged few months later. Then January, I moved from Central NY to Miami where she lives. Things did not work out because I had hard time finding a job in that city. Too many Latino recruiters with more of a preference: latinos! I was told by many people. That was wrong of people down there. Well, that harmed our relationship. I loved her very much. I know she did too but I can not go further--too personal for you all to know. So, I wanted to get back home to Central NY where I am now. My family is here.

The Miami Deaf woman did nothing bad herself. It was just bad timing I think.

I felt overstayed by staying 2 extra months too long down there and wanted to go back. I wanted to make new friends with deaf people in my hometown. Another long story why I am not with the deaf people I grew up with. Anyway, a friend thought I should meet this deaf woman from CT and I didnt really wanted someone from another state again. I do not want to move after what I went through. Started to hate online dating. Still refuse to do so. Well, I gave her a chance and I felt funny about her. I mean something not right. We met in person and she wasnt what I expected. Shes attractive but act bit off color if you get my meaning. You see, I am a Christian and I prayed to God about her to see if I am to marry her. God told me no after I fasted for 3 days. So, I had to dump her. She STALKED me for almost a year and half!

She even came up and wanted another chance. One day she was with me visiting my mom and her bf and the bf's cousins who came up from NC. I havent seen the cousins for 18 years and this cousin I havent seen has grown up and I complimented her. Because of that, that stalker got really upset by blowing her temper! I said thats enough and kicked her to the bus station. She went home like that!

Then in early 2004, she really stalked me by telling other women I have a gf which I didnt and I was trying to meet women locally online. She really destroyed my opportunity. It was so bad because the ladies told me about her! How did they?? She must have spied through chat rooms etc.. Well, it was bad that I had to call the cops and they called the cops in CT to tell her to stop it! She bad mouthed me to my other friends from Mich and Miami! I lost quite a bit of friends because they "believed" her! Gosh!

So, from 2004 on, I gave one more chance with a hearing woman but her faith didnt match to mine so I am done with online dating. I switched to in person searching but about to give up the following month after calling the cops. I had it with how bad dating scene is.

I know this is long. In fact, I wrote my script for a book on my dating experience. I can not tell you what the ending of my book is about. That is for you to find out. I am online here to give advice or talk shop about designing, drafting, or art.. trying to get business. That is what I am doing these days. I am done searching. I rather to do things because I am 42 and dont want to regret anything that I didnt get to do before I am old.

Thanks for listening to his lengthly post.

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to photograph him. If I were to take a picture of a fellow AD'er, it would have been me_punctured, and I would have made a wall poster! ;) At any rate, I did come across a picture which reminded me so much of Endymion...

headless.jpg

Yes, I'm evil. :) If it helps any, he has all the desirable attributes any eligible bachelor would have, and certainly has my envy.

oooh,
I love that pic! :giggle:

I heard this happened quite a bit through the years since mid-90s. I didnt get online till oh... November 1998. That is quite a bit of time ago. Well, at first, I loved that idea to find someone rather than in my hometown because it is a dying city and everyone is moving away.

1999 was a great year for me to meet so many ladies in person after meeting them online. In fact, 9 of them! Both hearing and deaf. Okay.. I learned a lot through that year. Quickly I had to guarded myself with unexpected. First one I met online sounded my type. But in person, whoa!! Very different! Too much of this personality she was! Doesnt fit my need. Then I went on.. But I didnt find any attractions through them except for one I really liked. But I felt a conflict of interest: she worked for an insurance company the same one I have as my provider. She is an investigator for fraud. I did not want her to see my records! Its more of "what if" stuff. I disliked that so I had to lose a good one! Then it gotten harder when 2000 came around and beyond. Oh boy. Dating online gotten bad... many frauds and too many Filippinas and Africans were after me. I did NOT want a foreigner! Too costly after reading Life Magaine in 1993 or 94 about a guy who spend thousands of dollars and sold off his things just to fly over to Russia for love. He found her and paid her way here PLUS her family!! Oh brother! Do not get me wrong. I love Filippinas. Beautiful women! I thought it would be better to go to events outside of my hometown and meet the ladies FIRST before chatting online. I thought correct and very cautious this way. Why? I have proof.

I went to a SBCD conference in West Palm Beach, Fla in 2001 and met someone who is so wonderful. We enjoyed our week and really gotten to know each other in person. Enough to chat online daily. We did! We got engaged few months later. Then January, I moved from Central NY to Miami where she lives. Things did not work out because I had hard time finding a job in that city. Too many Latino recruiters with more of a preference: latinos! I was told by many people. That was wrong of people down there. Well, that harmed our relationship. I loved her very much. I know she did too but I can not go further--too personal for you all to know. So, I wanted to get back home to Central NY where I am now. My family is here.

The Miami Deaf woman did nothing bad herself. It was just bad timing I think.

I felt overstayed by staying 2 extra months too long down there and wanted to go back. I wanted to make new friends with deaf people in my hometown. Another long story why I am not with the deaf people I grew up with. Anyway, a friend thought I should meet this deaf woman from CT and I didnt really wanted someone from another state again. I do not want to move after what I went through. Started to hate online dating. Still refuse to do so. Well, I gave her a chance and I felt funny about her. I mean something not right. We met in person and she wasnt what I expected. Shes attractive but act bit off color if you get my meaning. You see, I am a Christian and I prayed to God about her to see if I am to marry her. God told me no after I fasted for 3 days. So, I had to dump her. She STALKED me for almost a year and half!

She even came up and wanted another chance. One day she was with me visiting my mom and her bf and the bf's cousins who came up from NC. I havent seen the cousins for 18 years and this cousin I havent seen has grown up and I complimented her. Because of that, that stalker got really upset by blowing her temper! I said thats enough and kicked her to the bus station. She went home like that!

Then in early 2004, she really stalked me by telling other women I have a gf which I didnt and I was trying to meet women locally online. She really destroyed my opportunity. It was so bad because the ladies told me about her! How did they?? She must have spied through chat rooms etc.. Well, it was bad that I had to call the cops and they called the cops in CT to tell her to stop it! She bad mouthed me to my other friends from Mich and Miami! I lost quite a bit of friends because they "believed" her! Gosh!

So, from 2004 on, I gave one more chance with a hearing woman but her faith didnt match to mine so I am done with online dating. I switched to in person searching but about to give up the following month after calling the cops. I had it with how bad dating scene is.

I know this is long. In fact, I wrote my script for a book on my dating experience. I can not tell you what the ending of my book is about. That is for you to find out. I am online here to give advice or talk shop about designing, drafting, or art.. trying to get business. That is what I am doing these days. I am done searching. I rather to do things because I am 42 and dont want to regret anything that I didnt get to do before I am old.

Thanks for listening to his lengthly post.

That is very interesting. I didnt have much luck with online dating so I stopped and did the dating in the old fashioned way. When that didnt work, I stopped and that was when I realized I was in love with one of my best friends and now we are happily married. Maybe now that u have stop searching, the right woman will come along for u. :)

BTW..thanks for your PM. Something I have to think about for the future. :)

That is very interesting. I didnt have much luck with online dating so I stopped and did the dating in the old fashioned way. When that didnt work, I stopped and that was when I realized I was in love with one of my best friends and now we are happily married. Maybe now that u have stop searching, the right woman will come along for u. :)

BTW..thanks for your PM. Something I have to think about for the future. :)

oh u married to ur best friend...
*off to wondering if I can meet my new guy best friend in college and hoping I'll date him :D* :giggle:

oh u married to ur best friend...
*off to wondering if I can meet my new guy best friend in college and hoping I'll date him :D* :giggle:

I met him 5 years ago thru my former roommates and if someone had told me then that he would be my future hubby, I would have laughed in their face. Strange things happen in life. Always expect the unexpected. When I was your age, (I am assuming u are in your early 20s), I had my whole life planned out...I learned the hard way..life doesnt work that way! LOL! I just go with the flow now.

That is very interesting. I didnt have much luck with online dating so I stopped and did the dating in the old fashioned way. When that didnt work, I stopped and that was when I realized I was in love with one of my best friends and now we are happily married. Maybe now that u have stop searching, the right woman will come along for u.

BTW..thanks for your PM. Something I have to think about for the future.

Shel, you are welcome for the PM.

Often times in the past I was not in mood to find someone because of personal reasons or the seasons or whatever then the women come to me but it was wrong time. That is why I liked searching but right now, like I said in my post before, I prefer to do other things now. I am trying to get my business to grow. Trying to get money to buy this old brick factory building by the Erie Canal and fix it up into my loft and business offices. Its large enough to house both in it seperately.

Thats great Shel that you found someone the very right way. They say, "that person will come along at the least expected." For some deaf people who does not understand this idiom or verse. It means "it will happen when you are not expected."

I can even image signing the ASL idiom. Ha.

Its called focus on what you like to do. I rather not waste time looking anymore. It kind of interrupt what you are doing when the right person comes along, right? Thats why I am not doing it.

Back in 95 I had met a woman online and made arrangements to meet her and as I approached the park, I saw a huge I mean huge woman sitting in the specific bench and she was wearing pink as she stated. So I drove on to Paddy Murphys to tell the guys there about it. We all took a big laugh.

Richard

Back in 95 I had met a woman online and made arrangements to meet her and as I approached the park, I saw a huge I mean huge woman sitting in the specific bench and she was wearing pink as she stated. So I drove on to Paddy Murphys to tell the guys there about it. We all took a big laugh.

Richard

That was very mature..:ugh3:

Richard

What so funni about this?...:slap:

Interesting thread... I never have any experience to have online date. I met guys in real life in my time...

Richard

That makes you an {Mod Edit}. Don't you have a heart for people. I've seen some overweight people included kids who were picked on, mocked at, even beaten, and they end their life too soon over those immature people like yourself. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the older woman was a pedophile preying on a 17 year old horny and insecure boy. She lied about her looks and age. The boy's internet use should have been monitored better by his parents. A few people like his parents and that woman dropped the ball on this one, quite frankly.

It does not give anyone license to be crude about others being overweight or different, though..

Watch Ugly Betty - pretty good show! Being shallow and judgmental are uglier than anything could be.

Liza, I love Ugly Betty tv show! Very good points to make. We need a show about a deaf person in the world of hearing people. If I were to pick any of the ladies on that show, I would pick Betty. Hey, I always believe she will look better when her braces come off and dress better. Did you all noticed when you were in high school and you remembered how some of the girls and boys looked like betty or a nerd or a geek or dressed funny or awful hair.. etc?? Then after high school, they become very beautiful and handsome looking but the beautiful girls and handsome boys in high school become so-so after high school??? I seen it happened quite a bit out there.

I was fortunately gotten from that geek look to a handsome looking guy myself. The girls in my high school did not want me. I am sure they are sorry now! I had no true high school girlfriend from my own high school. I had that another nut from PA who wanted to marry me at age 17. I told her NO! Because of I needed to go through school first and be established first! Well, she married the wrong guy and got messy divorce. She told me she was sorry for being an idiot. She wanted me back and I told her no.

She wasnt attractive to me at all because of her illness. Can't say what it was, sorry folks!

Good for you Betty Suartz!!!!! Keep your chin up in that crazy world of external beauty bombshells! LOL!

That makes you an {Mod Edit}. Don't you have a heart for people. I've seen some overweight people included kids who were picked on, mocked at, even beaten, and they end their life too soon over those immature people like yourself. :(

*nods* i agree with you

{Mod's Edit - Previous Post has been removed.}

I would choose overweight woman with beautiful personality. Why? Because I would encourage her to go to gym with me to work out and lose weight in the process. BAM! once she lose her weight, she looks much better being thinner than her old life as fat woman.

Edit: Remember that when it comes to love - reciprocate is required for both side therefore if one want other to lose weight for healthy and looks purpose then it is NOT SHALLOW but rather care one for other's healthy and happiness.

KINGOFNOOBS
*cough* obvouis you're not satisfty your spouse , will you force her/him do makeover.. sound like you're cruel..

Not even think about inside or outside personalities...
I think you're in rude your comment.. don't dare you say B.S. anyone..
Fact can be vary people who feel low or ego self esteem but not all of it..

Losing weight or at least put on decent makeup/grooming urself well do wonders for your self-esteem and confidence.

What if someone was born with a facial defect?

Well it is tough if you meet that person for the first time. You can be friend, nothing is wrong with that. Suppose you have been with that person for awhile and suddenly his/her face was deformed by bad accident then it will be truly a test for both of you. For me, i wld stay with her as long her personailty doesn't change or being affected by her freak accident.

Back