This is why dating online is bad for you

That's full of BS. if you re not happy with your looks, then do something about it. Get extreme makeover and ur looks will dramatically improve. Poor groom/maintence looks indicate you have low self-esteem and are lazy like jabba hut.

Looks are important as personality is.
But what if ugly looks have excellent personality?

Yeah Im not surprised! Webcam is for to see each other before meeting in real life!

I know a story from New Zealand, he had two daughters and they are teenager, told him that they wanted to see him happy since mother passed away. He was depressed and the girls had to encourage him to use online meet girls so he found a lady from America. They have been keeping in touch for so long and they did exchange the photos what they look like. He was so happy that he found a beautiful slim blonde girlfriend and the girls were so happy for him. They got to know each other for over a year, and he asked her to live with him for 1month or something and she was so happy to live with him. They made arrangement so she will be flying to new zealand to meet him.
Few months later on, he couldn't wait to meet her at the airport and he was so excited and absolutely nervous. He went to down to the airport to meet her and waited for her to meet him cos she suppose to know his face. He waited quite long time and a lady came to him, and he didn't recognise her! She said "Hi, its me, from America." He said nah its not you. Then she said yes we have been in touch in online alot! So he look at her body, so shocking seeing her so obese!

He couldn't believe in his eyes seeing her, but inside him feeling so disgusted and upset!

He can't kick her cos he had made the arrangement with her by the online!

His car wasn't that big, it was mini car and she is a obese! and he had to put up with her, putting her luggage in his mini car in the back. Drove back to his house and it was really unpleasant for him. He was so upset and depressed!

End of month or something, she had to apology to him for false imgaine picture about her weight. I feel sorry for him. It was years ago!

People take the risk to meet online. I had ones before but I met him in person before twice but like 10mins so we exchanged our emails and he lives in different country and I live different country. We kept in touch online for one year so I thought why not I go over to his country. We flew back and forth every once a month. It was so sweet for 4mths. Later on I found out that he cheated on my back! Love hurts!

Heard of stories like this, SpaceyUFO

Spacey, I heard of stories like that man who was depressed and met a woman from USA and lied about weight. Hey, I even myself experienced this as well.

Even before the days of online back in early 1990s, personal ads were in national publications and one of them a newspaper styled and there was a photo of the month and saw how beautiful she was and I read about her and she's deaf! I gasped and then got in touch with her. Later, I invited her to come to my hometown. She wanted to come so I said ok, she came.. when I got to the airport, I looked hard for her and I had to use my voice to ask a lady where this deaf woman and showed her picture. I did not realize I was talking to her! She said thats her! I gasped hard! She looked so different than the photo.

Well, we didnt work out because of level of communication wasnt well between us. That was a good excuse of mine. I told myself that day at the airport after meeting her for first time, I would be so strict on the situation with photographs!

Well, the reason was I learned a lesson about the type of photograph. It was a studio touchup photograph and heavy makeup on. She normally does not wear it at all.

After that, I made a requirement that a photograph online has to be a regular 3X5 picture, not a studio, and must have at least 3 photographs--a full person, a close up, and another close up. I preferred one indoors and one outdoors, not a webcam since they do not produce well.

But after my experience with the long distance relationship from Miami and from CT, I stopped and focused on local ones in 2002 to Spring 2004. Then I stopped completely since I was sick and tired of the dating scene treated me badly until I met someone nice and sweet in April 2004. That ended it all.

So do you, because your discussion is way off-topic. Since when is this about losing weight anyways? Can't get back onto the topic or what?

Yea Let close this thread as this one has reduced to insults/offensive to fat people.

Good idea.

Back