This is sick! X_X

T

Toonces

I read the article recently and here is what it is all about:

Kennedy assassination recreated in video game

Sunday, November 21, 2004 Posted: 5:15 PM EST (2215 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A new video game to be released on Monday allows players to simulate the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.

Players can view the motorcade from a number of angles, including the perspective of filmmaker Abraham Zapruder and a view from the "grassy knoll" where some conspiracy theorists believe a second gunman was stationed.

The game will be available via download for $9.99.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/21/kennedy.game.reut/index.html

Kirk Ewing, managing director and his team said they have nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history? I say hogwash! Even if it is only a game, I just think it is utterly disrespectful and sick thing to let players play the role of an assassin and shoot John Kennedy's brains out! X_X

That game must be created by hateful republicans. That's only logic.

'Magic bullet' that can change its direction to kill few people and it is not conspiracy? Surrrrree, they are high on drugs. Pathetic.

even though I'm a die hard game freak, I do believe this game is really disrespectful and stupid to play as the sniper against kennedy...if they say they do respect kennedy, then I bet they dont even know what they are talking about.

Company Launches JFK Assassination Game

Company Launches JFK Assassination Game

URL: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...0&u=/ap/20041122/ap_on_hi_te/britain_jfk_game

GLASGOW, Scotland - A British company said Sunday it was releasing a video game recreating the 1963 assassination of President Kennedy.

A spokesman for the president's brother, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), D-Mass., called the game "despicable."

The Glasgow-based firm Traffic said "JFK Reloaded" was an educational "docu-game" that would help disprove conspiracy theories about Kennedy's death. The game is due to be released Monday, the 41st anniversary of the shooting in Dallas.

Traffic said the game challenged players to recreate the three shots fired at the president's car by assassin Lee Harvey Oswald from the Texas School Book Depository.

Traffic's managing director, Kirk Ewing, said the game — available as an Internet download for $9.99 — would "stimulate a younger generation of players to take an interest in this fascinating episode of American history."

"We've created the game with the belief that Oswald was the only person that fired the shots on that day, although this recreation proves how immensely difficult his task was," Ewing said.

In a statement, Traffic said it was "determined to promote the title respectfully," given the sensitivity of the subject.

Sen. Kennedy's spokesman, David Smith, would not comment on whether the family was taking any action to stop the game's release.

"It's despicable. There's really no further comment," Smith said, adding that the Washington office started getting calls about the game Friday.

That is totally retarded. So retarded that some groups will sue them for that.

As I said in other post, one 'magic bullet' that can change its direction and killed few people and it is not conspiracy? Suurrre. These people are on drugs.

Yeah..I concur with Steel -- this is not morally right. Very disrespective in Kennedy's memory. Not good! :mad:

wow, i think the game itself is in a bad taste for the Kennedy clan and everybody else as well

Oh yeah, I 've heard about it not to long ago, and I thought that was awful to create a game like that...

I refuse to buy that for my children or for anyone.....That's just unacceptable *shaking my head*

Back