This is a frightening situation in my area

Oh, so you've spoken to the entire neighborhood and know how they feel?
I didn't have to. The newspapers have printed their interviews with neighbors, they have posted their comments at the website, and in my neighborhood, our homeowners' association website board has posted many comments and complaints about the situation.

The neighborhood obviously was not at risk. He did not commit a crime in the immediate neighborhood, nor is there any evidence that he has engaged in criminal behavior in the 4 days that he has been gone.
How do you know these things? Do you know where he is or what he's been up to?

He didn't just walk away. He and three other guys climbed over the fence.

If he is so harmless, why are law enforcement agencies looking for him?

Because he was probated into treatment, and when one is probated into treatment they are under the custody of the facility. Probate demands that he be returned. It's the law. Doesn't mean he is dangerous to anyone in the area.

do you rather that mental ward send out its own private security force to capture him? or contract Dog the Hunter to capture him?
I have no problem with law enforcement looking for him. I wish they could have gotten an earlier start but they weren't notified sooner.

so you're trolling?

Oh come on man....we get it. You and Stein have a beef. Does it have to be every thread. Not pickin on ya. Half the time I agree with ya but this quibbling gets old.

I have a personal friend who had his home broken into by a juvenile offender who also just happened to "walk away" from confinement. He actually came home from work, and it was a robbery in progress, except the thief had left but came back to get more of his stuff.

He was in his bedroom when he heard the thief climb through an open window - so he grabbed an SKS and shot the thief 4 times center mass. It didn't kill the thief immediately.

As the guy lay bleeding, he apologized. He said he had been trying to turn his life around for quite some time. He died apologizing.

It really messed up my friend. He was initially arrested because the police thought that drugs were involved and that it was a drug related shooting. He was later cleared. It was a home invasion pure and simple and my friend had every right to defend his home.

He was trying to turn his life around ..... yeah ... right.

I didn't have to. The newspapers have printed their interviews with neighbors, they have posted their comments at the website, and in my neighborhood, our homeowners' association website board has posted many comments and complaints about the situation.

How do you know these things? Do you know where he is or what he's been up to?

All of them? Every single person living in that neighborhood has spoken about their feelings? Sure they have.

I don't. But there is no evidence of him having committed any criminal activity in the 4 days he has been gone. If he was out there murdering and raping and pillaging, they would have caught up with him by now. You are just assuming that because he was once charged with a violent crime that he is going to be committing violent crimes at this point in time.

I have no problem with law enforcement looking for him. I wish they could have gotten an earlier start but they weren't notified sooner.

Again, you are making an assumption. If a probated patient walks away from a mental health facility, law enforcement is notified immediately, as well as the judge that signed the probate papers.

...The bolded is very generic. Says virtually nothing about the program and the methodology and techniques employed to address the various issues connected to the different disorders listed. So, in effect, you really know nothing about their program.
I know the difference between 12-17 and 19 years old.

If it is the middle of no where, the adjunct services are not available because it is the middle of no where. Duh.

"if you build them they will come". Btw that is from "Field of Dreams". I would hate to be accused of a crime.

Plus with all of the broke Drs thx to obamacare there will pro ably be many willing to relocate

I have a personal friend who had his home broken into by a juvenile offender who also just happened to "walk away" from confinement. He actually came home from work, and it was a robbery in progress, except the thief had left but came back to get more of his stuff.

He was in his bedroom when he heard the thief climb through an open window - so he grabbed an SKS and shot the thief 4 times center mass. It didn't kill the thief immediately.

As the guy lay bleeding, he apologized. He said he had been trying to turn his life around for quite some time. He died apologizing.

It really messed up my friend. He was initially arrested because the police thought that drugs were involved and that it was a drug related shooting. He was later cleared. It was a home invasion pure and simple and my friend had every right to defend his home.

He was trying to turn his life around ..... yeah ... right.

Yeah, the first time a kid does wrong, we should just kill them right then and there. They will never be anything but bad. Just go ahead and kill them and get it over with. We won't ever have to worry about them again.:roll:

If a probated patient walks away from a mental health facility, law enforcement is notified immediately, as well as the judge that signed the probate papers.
One would hope, but apparently they weren't quite that speedy.

I know the difference between 12-17 and 19 years old.

You do not know what age he was when he entered the faciltiy. You do not know that he was not retained there past the age of 17 to insure continuity of care. Those age limits have virtually nothing to do with the program at this facility,and the fact of the matter is, you do not know anything about the program. You are simply speculating with very little knowlege or fact to support those speculations.

So, that is your biggest issue? The website says they treat 12-17 year olds, and they treated a 19 year old?

Yeah, the first time a kid does wrong, we should just kill them right then and there. They will never be anything but bad. Just go ahead and kill them and get it over with. We won't ever have to worry about them again.:roll:

Not what I was saying at all. Were hardened criminals ever a kid? Did most hardened criminals learn about crime as kids?

If someone breaks into my home with felonious intentions, they will get shot. I will not sit down and try to teach them poetry.

All of them? Every single person living in that neighborhood has spoken about their feelings? Sure they have.
Enough people are concerned. Don't their feelings count? Since when does any community need to have 100 percent consensus on anything?

I don't. But there is no evidence of him having committed any criminal activity in the 4 days he has been gone. If he was out there murdering and raping and pillaging, they would have caught up with him by now. You are just assuming that because he was once charged with a violent crime that he is going to be committing violent crimes at this point in time.
Just because nothing's reported yet doesn't mean he hasn't been in trouble. Remember, the news about the escape wasn't even made public for almost two days. In real life, not all crimes get reported as soon as they happen.

Nobody here even knows what he looks like, so we don't know if he was spotted doing something.

"if you build them they will come". Btw that is from "Field of Dreams". I would hate to be accused of a crime.

Plus with all of the broke Drs thx to obamacare there will pro ably be many willing to relocate

Then it wouldn't be the middle of nowhere any longer. Kind of blows that solution out of the water.

Not what I was saying at all. Were hardened criminals ever a kid? Did most hardened criminals learn about crime as kids?

If someone breaks into my home with felonious intentions, they will get shot. I will not sit down and try to teach them poetry.

This guy hasn't broken into anyone's home.

Enough people are concerned. Don't their feelings count? Since when does any community need to have 100 percent consensus on anything?

Just because nothing's reported yet doesn't mean he hasn't been in trouble. Remember, the news about the escape wasn't even made public for almost two days. In real life, not all crimes get reported as soon as they happen.

Nobody here even knows what he looks like, so we don't know if he was spotted doing something.

Like I said, I understand being concerned. But what we have going on here is overly concerned about things that are being speculated on without anything to support it.

You do not know what age he was when he entered the faciltiy. You do not know that he was not retained there past the age of 17 to insure continuity of care. Those age limits have virtually nothing to do with the program at this facility,and the fact of the matter is, you do not know anything about the program. You are simply speculating with very little knowlege or fact to support those speculations.

So, that is your biggest issue? The website says they treat 12-17 year olds, and they treated a 19 year old?
That's an important difference. A 6'2" 19-year-old is not a little kid.

It goes to show that their public information is misleading.

Back