The Tea Party are RACIST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it hard to believe that a person of her position would be clueless about the history of black people being compared to chimps.

I am sure Davenport has heard about Jesse Owens who won a race in the Olympic in Germany. Hitler said Jesse Owens won because the Black people are from Apes! Hitler theory said the White are the master race and Jesse Owens was an ape ! Davenport email of Obama is a step backward not a step forward ! Our country does not need to dig up the hateful racist feeling of our past ! If Davenport say she did not know her photo would get people angry , she is a lier , a damn fool or a racist! I say she is a lying racist as she meant for this email to be seen by people who think like she does! If she thought there was nothing wrong with the photo she would put out for everyone to see!

I just find it hard to believe that a person of her position would be clueless about the history of black people being compared to chimps.

What about the history of comparing U.S. Presidents to chimps? Or, the history of comparing Kings and Queens to chimps? Or, the history of comparing politicians to chimps?

Why does the racist sentiments have to hold the monopoly on intentions?

Just curious.

to say the don't is insane. I have traveled to almost every nook in this country. The differences are not only there, they can be extreme. SF vs Jackson MS for instance.

Just different forms of the same thing. Racism isn't always directed at blacks.

What about the history of comparing U.S. Presidents to chimps? Or, the history of comparing Kings and Queens to chimps? Or, the history of comparing politicians to chimps?

Just curious.

What the f*** are you talking about?

What the f*** are you talking about?

I can see that you are easily confused (and forgetful).

Why would someone scream "racist" when a) they do not know Davenport's intentions and b) there is a history of comparing figureheads as apes/chimps?

Pretty simple.

Here, I will make it even simpler so that even you can grasp what the fuck i am talking about:

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent" - Senator Joe Biden http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13757367/ns/politics/

(was he asked to resign?)

"Mahatma Gahndi ran a gas station down in Saint Louis" - Senator Hillary Clinton http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3890946/ns/us_news-life/

(was she asked to resign?)

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come
up and get a good square meal in Geneva" - Fritz Hollings

"Blacks and Hispanics are too busy eating watermelons and tacos to learn how to read and write" - Mike Wallace http://books.google.com/books?id=nb...AEwAg#v=onepage&q=mike wallace racist&f=false

"Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no
love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them" - Donna Brazille http://www.usatoday.com/news/e98/e980.htm

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride.
He doesn't want to be black." - Senator Dianne Watson http://thenationalscene.com/racial-gaffes-democrats-time-harry-reid/

(was she asked to step down?)

Last edited:
Meh, some of us live our lives without our finger on the racism trigger. I know the history very well and racist wasn't my first reaction either.
It is really dumb to forward emails dehumanizing the President, even if it is a white president. It's especially dumb to do it if it's a black president. I strive to give the benefit of the doubt if someone screws up and asks for it unless I have good reason not to. However, I do have this funny habit of applying the same standard to people that they apply to others.

Why would someone scream "racist" when a) they do not know Davenport's intentions and b) there is a history of comparing figureheads as apes/chimps?

Pretty simple.

Here, I will make it even simpler so that even you can grasp what the fuck i am talking about:

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent" - Senator Joe Biden

"Mahatma Gahndi ran a gas station down in Saint Louis" - Senator Hillary Clinton

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come

"Blacks and Hispanics are too busy eating watermelons and tacos to learn how to read and write" - Mike Wallace

"Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no
love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them" - Donna Brazille

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride.
He doesn't want to be black." - Senator Dianne Watson

Those reasons have already been listed and stated over and over and over again. What part don't you understand?

We all do from time to time.

Of course. She happened, however, to do it very publicly and from a position that created a great deal of trouble for her. Not the best judgement.

And, while we all may do something to aplogize for from time to time, we all don't send out emails that can be perceived, and has been perceived by most everyone who has seen it, as being racially offensive.

If then intent were not there, why apologize?

Those reasons have already been listed and stated over and over and over again. What part don't you understand?

The part where its ok for democrats to be racist and not resign. That is the specific item of contention I have.

There should be no racists in any public office regardless of party affiliation. Would you happen to disagree?

The part where its ok for democrats to be racist and not resign. That is the specific item of contention I have.

There should be no racists in any public office regardless of party affiliation. Would you happen to disagree?

They must be gang members. They grew up on 13th and U streets.:laugh2:

There should be no racists anywhere. But there are. Fact of life. And they need to be busted when they exhibit it.

Just curious.

When people make George Bush out to be a monkey, it's because they think he's about, well, that level of smart.

George-Bush-Funny.gif.bmp

President Obama, on the other hand, is criticized for not being dumb enough

elitist-snob.jpg

When people make President Obama out to be an ape, it's because of this idea:

ergaster.jpg

Since all white people supposedly come from:

Creation-hands-L.jpg

;)

Pretty simple.

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent" - Senator Joe Biden

"Mahatma Gahndi ran a gas station down in Saint Louis" - Senator Hillary Clinton

"Blacks and Hispanics are too busy eating watermelons and tacos to learn how to read and write" - Mike Wallace

love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them" - Donna Brazille

He doesn't want to be black." - Senator Dianne Watson

Can you provide cites?

When people make George Bush out to be a monkey, it's because they think he's about, well, that level of smart.

George-Bush-Funny.gif.bmp

elitist-snob.jpg

When people make President Obama out to be an ape, it's because of this idea:

ergaster.jpg

Since all white people supposedly come from:

Creation-hands-L.jpg

;)

I like your pictures and explanation :lol:

However, I must point out that all of the messages conveyed in those pictures came from the left.

The point I have been driving at.

If any Republican depicted Obama as being as dumb as Bush was depicted by the left, it would most certainly be viewed as a racist slur.

VP Biden's comment: Biden (from a conservative website)
“In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

Biden explains what he meant.

It seems as though he was trying to say that there's a large influx of Indian immigrants who own businesses. Here in Denver, we have a neighborhood dubbed "Saudi Aurora" because of the neighborhood...even though it's (now mostly) Lebanese and Iranian restaurants. *shrug*

Also, no one seemed to care but the news media. :ugh3:

Biden wasn't drawing cartoons. He made a (not funny nor offensive) joke that was blown out of proportion back in 2003. Unlike *some* political parties, Biden does not have a history of supporting racist and biogted policies against non-'white' Americans.

Next!

Secretary of State Clinton: She had bad parsing, but I think I know what she meant...The same list you published is on 20000 conservative websites.

ST. LOUIS — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton apologized for joking that Mahatma Gandhi used to run a gas station in St. Louis, saying it was “a lame attempt at humor."

The New York Democrat made the remark at a fund-raiser Saturday. During an event here for Senate candidate Nancy Farmer, Clinton introduced a quote from Gandhi by saying, “He ran a gas station down in St. Louis.”

After laughter from many in the crowd of at least 200 subsided, the former first lady continued, “No, Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader of the 20th century.” In a nod to Farmer’s underdog status against Republican Sen. Kit Bond, Clinton quoted the Indian independence leader as saying: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

She was saying you can come from nothing and rise to government official. Okay. Some jobs are stereotypes. Hispanics and construction. Indians and gas stations. Vietnamese and their AMAZING PEDICURES. (Sorry. Every one else sucks.) Chinese laundry. Jews and banks. She made a lame joke.

No doubt about it, Hollings sure does bloviate. And yes, the NAACP called for his retirement.

Hollings spokesman, Andy Brack, said the senator was joking when he made the statement to reporters. "If we can't make a joke every now and then," said Brack, "then our country is in pretty bad shape."

Gibson, who was far from amused, said "I was insulted and experienced a bit of rage when I initially read it ... The man has to be mentally sick to continue to make these kinds of statements."

Over the past several years, Hollings has stepped on the toes of minorities on different occasions by making racially insensitive statements including his most recent statement made during a meeting with South Carolina and Georgia reporters.

According to the Greensville News, Hollings, when criticizing the treatment of textiles by new global trading rules being negotiated in Geneva, said: "Everybody likes to go to Geneva. I used to do it for the Law of the Sea conferences and you'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva."

Hollings was Dem Lite most days (he's retired in 2005) even if he did endorse Jesse Jackson. Note his age and the fact he served for an eternity next to Strom Thurmond. He's not likely to have much tact.

He also advocated for education reform, feeding the hungry people in his state, and voted for the re authorization of the Voting Rights Act. He voted against Thurgood Marshall and for Clarence Thomas, suggesting it was a matter of philosophy.

Anyway, making a racist remark doesn't automatically make you racist. It means you can be a moron sometimes.

The cartoon in question was racist and carried weight because it was not meant to be a light hearted joke, nor was it meant to be done in passing. It was a picture that showed Obama as an ape, his family as an ape, and dare I say outline his unAmerican "Kenyan" roots? :shock:

Mike Wallace was a journalist on 60 Minutes. Eh?

O Donna Brazille, you prominent African American woman in the Democratic Party, I do have a love/hate relationship with you. Don't take it personally; you just really trashed Gov. Dean in the 04 primary. Ahem, she said:

"Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them" - Donna Brazille

--which is true, so where's the uproar? :hmm: She said Republicans would rather take pictures with black people then actually help black people.

Senator Diane Watson, a delegate for H. Clinton, on Barack Obama:

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black."

She's criticizing Barack Obama's polished ethnic pride and talking down to black Americans. That's between those two. Not us. Just like Alan Keyes and Obama, Bill Cosby and the African American young, etc. etc.

So...anyway...the Republicans have a history of bigotry, racism, homophobia, misogyny...of course the logical conclusion for most is, "God, she is a racist jerk!" when seeing that article.

:wave:

Of course. She happened, however, to do it very publicly and from a position that created a great deal of trouble for her. Not the best judgement.
I would consider sending out an email to a few friends a private act, although it's good practice to assume that any email you write could be forwarded along to others.

And, while we all may do something to aplogize for from time to time, we all don't send out emails that can be perceived, and has been perceived by most everyone who has seen it, as being racially offensive.

If then intent were not there, why apologize?
Here's my rule of thumb. If I say or do something that offends someone and I realize that one could reasonably interpret my words or actions as offensive, then I apologize and explain that I didn't mean to offend. If it's something where a person would have to be unreasonable to interpret my words or actions as offensive, then I don't apologize.

Elitist != Smart. In fact, many people with elitist attitudes are appallingly dumb. Let's also remember that elitist and elite are not the same. One can be an elite without having an elitist attitude. One can have an elitist attitude without being an elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back