The Tea Party are RACIST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry..but is anyone here who is debating this black or have family members who are black? Curious...

I know Jillio has black ancestors but the others?

I do. :wave: I have posted that before in fact. But I am not sure why that matters.

I do. :wave: I have posted that before in fact. But I am not sure why that matters.

Well, ask your family members how they feel about being compared to monkeys.

I asked my husband and he said it was very very very offensive and if anyone supports that, then they are guilty of racism.

I asked my husband and he said it was very very very offensive and if anyone supports that, then they are guilty of racism.

I haven't seen anyone here supporting it....Maybe I missed a post. :hmm:

I am sorry..but is anyone here who is debating this black or have family members who are black? Curious...

I know Jillio has black ancestors but the others?
I assume we all have black ancestory in our bloodlines. We all are decendant from the first couple. Anyone that does not see how this picture could be seen as racist is naive. Anyone that thinks the Tea Party is racist because of the actions of this one member is also naive.

Any exception for ignorance? I mean, I'm fortunate enough to have been born in a time and place such that I've seen virtually no racism. Of course I knew the N word was off-limits along a few other prominent slurs, but I didn't know about the monkey thing until a few years ago. There may be someone right now who has no idea it's racist and might compare the president to a chimp, thinking he's merely continuing an immature American tradition and not realizing there are racial connotations when the President happens to be black. If that person, upon learning that he in fact made a racist remark, profusely apologizes and claims no racist intent, do you think it's worth giving him the benefit of the doubt and dropping the issue?

If one does not see racism in this time and place, then one has blinders on.:roll:

Any exception for ignorance? I mean, I'm fortunate enough to have been born in a time and place such that I've seen virtually no racism. Of course I knew the N word was off-limits along a few other prominent slurs, but I didn't know about the monkey thing until a few years ago. There may be someone right now who has no idea it's racist and might compare the president to a chimp, thinking he's merely continuing an immature American tradition and not realizing there are racial connotations when the President happens to be black. If that person, upon learning that he in fact made a racist remark, profusely apologizes and claims no racist intent, do you think it's worth giving him the benefit of the doubt and dropping the issue?

Nawww, I would nail a dead rooster to his door.

If one does not see racism in this time and place, then one has blinders on.:roll:

This a good statement but the problem is that it is thought that only whites can be guilty of racism. When is the last (or maybe only) time you have heard of a black being charge with a hate crime? Blacks commit hate crimes often but get a pass over on the charge. I am NOT saying whites and others should not be charged with a hate crime if it fits. Blacks are as guilty of racism as often as whites...but the m.m. will not admit it.

This a good statement but the problem is that it is thought that only whites can be guilty of racism. When is the last (or maybe only) time you have heard of a black being charge with a hate crime? Blacks commit hate crimes often but get a pass over on the charge. I am NOT saying whites and others should not be charged with a hate crime if it fits. Blacks are as guilty of racism as often as whites...but the m.m. will not admit it.
Since you are calling out those terrible folks at the Mainstream Media offices; is FoxNews keeping you informed of these massive amounts of Black hate crimes against Asians/Hispanics/Caucasians/Native Americans? Just curious.

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that I've virtually never personally witnessed racism (just once, and it was pretty minor). I've also never personally witnessed a mugging, a rape, or a murder, but I know those happen.

Also, you and I are not in the same place.
Nawww, I would nail a dead rooster to his door.
Uhhhhhhh... 4/20 was several days ago...

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that I've virtually never personally witnessed racism (just once, and it was pretty minor). I've also never personally witnessed a mugging, a rape, or a murder, but I know those happen.

No, we aren't in the same place, figuratively or literally. But to imply that one area of the country experiences less racism than others is silly.:P

Yep, the rooster is getting ripe by now.

I have witnessed it too many times, but I am kind of old. I recall MLK, the marches in Alabama, Rosa Parks, Amos and Andy TV show, seeing people called the "N" word, slogans painted on school buildings, etc.

There is another thing called literacy testing; when I started 1st grade in Norfolk VA, I was required to take this test. I later found out that I was told to color on a paper. I passed automatically. Black kids needed to read. None passed. My school was lily-white. My neighborhood was half and half.

The 4/20 reference, is this a Bob Marley moment? :hmm:

I have witnessed it too many times, but I am kind of old. I recall MLK, the marches in Alabama, Rosa Parks, Amos and Andy TV show, seeing people called the "N" word, slogans painted on school buildings, etc.

There is another thing called literacy testing; when I started 1st grade in Norfolk VA, I was required to take this test. I later found out that I was told to color on a paper. I passed automatically. Black kids needed to read. None passed. My school was lily-white. My neighborhood was half and half.

I'm frankly disappointed you did not bring up those "flesh" colored crayons. :P

You may think that only whites can be guilty of racism, but reasonably thinking people believe no such thing.

I have known of blacks being arrested and charged with committing hate crimes. It certainly is not unheard of.

Blacks don't get a pass on anything when it comes to the criminal justice system. You really need to do some research.

No, blacks are not guilty as often as whites. They would have to commit disproportionately more racist acts simply due to the numbers.

Some are too far distanced from the history to be able to give it the proper emotional and intellectual consideration. Shame, isn't it?

I'm frankly disappointed you did not bring up those "flesh" colored crayons. :P

I do remember them. They changed the name to "peach" later on. Not sure which ones I used in the test. I could have used white crayons on white paper and passed. :eek3:

Since you are calling out those terrible folks at the Mainstream Media offices; is FoxNews keeping you informed of these massive amounts of Black hate crimes against Asians/Hispanics/Caucasians/Native Americans? Just curious.

I'm deaf and FOX is just one of many sources of my information

Some are too far distanced from the history to be able to give it the proper emotional and intellectual consideration. Shame, isn't it?

I think D-Dog is fortunate to have avoided these kinds of things. I would not consider it ignorance. I wish I had grown up in these more tolerant times.

I'm deaf and FOX is just one of many sources of my information
Right, but you called out "m-m" as not reporting these black-inspired racist events. Deafness has nothing to do with narrowmindedness. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back