The lowest form of language

I merely tried to stir things up. I know A.G. Bell. I know Annie, I know Helen, I even know ALEX! WOOOO!

Hmmm.... you know A.G. Bell? I thought he was dead. Same with Annie and Helen.

Ahhh a flamer.....

and I'm smelling another...
ban.gif

You guys think imdeafsowhat is retarded...

but he got you guys posting a lot about nothing.... and this thread is still not locked.

I think I'm in love with you, imdeafsowhat.

You guys think imdeafsowhat is retarded...

but he got you guys posting a lot about nothing.... and this thread is still not locked.

I think I'm in love with you, imdeafsowhat.

Well if you think and feel that way, more power to ya!

Redfox - If it was too hard for you to translate, then you need more practice. I can perfectly translate ASL to English with no harm. Yes, it is true that one would get emotionally harmed by verbal abuse. ASL repeats word, like "You going store buy food you?" That is no grammar, but a phrase, easily translated to English, "Are you going to the store to buy some food?". Now guess which has structure and to-be verbs? :O

It was hard because it's hard to think in two languages at the same time to both understand the ASL and translate it into written English. It's easy enough to understand without translating at the same time. That's what interpreters do and they must be trained to do the translation quickly and well.

Yes, there is grammar in the sentence:

You going store buy food you?

topic: you
comment: going store buy food
repeat: you

See the topic-comment grammar? I guess the 'store buy food' could be seen as a subtopic with the store being the topic and 'buy food' being the comment. It's ASL grammar, nothing horrible. It's horrible only if you try to read it as English, which it is not.

All spoken language started from writing. You're saying that Shakespeare spoke out every play he thought of? HOW DOES HE KEEP REMEMBERING THE ACTS?

No, there were spoken languages before there was writing. There are plenty of cultures around the world with no written form of their native spoken languages.

American Sign Language and American English. What the?
Ok Ok, there's no such things as "Amercian English".

Yes, there are plenty of differences between American and British English listed here. There are others like Australian, Canadian, Caribbean, South African and even Malaysian English.

Please consult a thesaurus. Efficient is not a synonym for effective, nor vice versa. And when you ask someone a question based on a statement they have made, you need to use the exact phrasing of the oringinal statement. To do otherwise is to attempt to change the meaning, or a clear indication that you have not understood that which was stated in the first place.

Actually efficient is a synonym for effective. Please consult a thesaurus before making that statement.

I did not say English is not effective. I said it is not efficient. Let me try to explain.

English: Lets go to the store.
ASL: Store we go.

Five words vs. three words. In signing, speaking or writing less is more efficient. That is only one example but I hope it helps you understand my point. If not I will try to clearify further.

Not effective. Not efficient. Same thing.

You can not compare ASL to English, they are two complete different thing. It's like comparing apples and oranges. English is in fact more effective because it is widely understood with it being one of the most popular language in the world.

English is in fact more effective because it is widely understood with it being one of the most popular language in the world.

Very FALSE!

English language might be most widely used in this world... who so? Because in the past England had so many colonies in the world so naturally, they influenced their language upon those people including Americans, South Africans, Hong Kong, etc.

Also in fact the English language is one of the most difficult languages there is... it's declared by the professional linguists themselves.

Yes, ASL and English both are different like apples and oranges, but it doesn't mean it cannot be translated and compelled.

Very FALSE!

English language might be most widely used in this world... who so? Because in the past England had so many colonies in the world so naturally, they influenced their language upon those people including Americans, South Africans, Hong Kong, etc.

Also in fact the English language is one of the most difficult languages there is... it's declared by the professional linguists themselves.

Yes, ASL and English both are different like apples and oranges, but it doesn't mean it cannot be translated and compelled.

You sure about that? Then why is it possible to travel in another country and still be able to wing it on English?

I know it is one of the most difficult language to learn, I'm not disputing that.

Languages have their own structure, rules, syntax and can be translated to other languages.

Redfox- You say, Cavemen started talking before writing? What's the paintings on the cave means? Oh right, the're not writing, they're speaking. Wait, that made no sense.

American English, eh? Sounds like people are trying to seperate English in different categories. Typical. If that is so, then English is indeed widely used in the world. Like you said, American English, British English, and Other English, LIKE SEE!

Looks like the child prodigy strikes again. And he did post about English being used widely in the world. How bout this, Global English?

Perhaps interpreters were "trained" to translate. As I said, it's easy for me to translate, why? Because English and ASL are my first languages and always has been.

You all are sensitive, indeed. Ok, maybe not all, but MOST.

Actually efficient is a synonym for effective. Please consult a thesaurus before making that statement.

I already have. Nor do they carry the same contexual meaning when used in the sentence RD used them in. In fact, to interchange the two is to completely change the contexual meaning of the individual word. That is why you need to be more careful when you are quoting someone, and use what was actually said, rather than what you thought you read.

Very FALSE!

Exactly. The most widely used language is not determined on anything more than the population that uses it. Its about numbers and nothing more. It says absolutely nothing about the language itself.

Exactly. The most widely used language is not determined on anything more than the population that uses it. Its about numbers and nothing more. It says absolutely nothing about the language itself.

Ms. "Amercian English". You proved that there are English like American English, British English, Chinese English and so on.

Yet you're saying no, English is not being used widely in the world. MAKE SENSE, LADY.

Back