The lowest form of language

Yeah.....and we are talking about 'Pig Latin', not a real language.

Latin is a real language even though it's considered a 'dead language'.

Pig Latin is a made-up language.

Big difference between the two.

Latin is never dead. Ever. If you are trying to think of a dead language, try the anicent Egyptian.

Yeah.....and we are talking about 'Pig Latin', not a real language.

Latin is a real language even though it's considered a 'dead language'.

Pig Latin is a made-up language.

Big difference between the two.

Correct. Latin is a real language. Pig latin is not. Pig latin is not Latin as spoken by pigs.:roll: Nor is it Latin at all.

Latin is a dead language. No one speaks Latin as his native language, and this has been the case for more than a millennium. In fact most teachers of Latin, even very good ones, cannot say more than a few sentences of Latin in succession. Latin has not been required for admissions into American universities for more than a century

The Latin Language: Dead or Alive? by Terrence Moore

Not that this will convince a closed mind, but it explains what a dead language means.

Then ASL is dead. Because most teachers of ASL cannot speak ASL very fluent, nor in succession. ASL has not been required at all for admission to a deaf university or American universities. Looks like Pig Latin is much more alive than Latin and ASL.

Then ASL is dead. Because most teachers of ASL cannot speak ASL very fluent, nor in succession. ASL has not been required at all for admission to a deaf university or American universities. Looks like Pig Latin is much more alive than Latin and ASL.

If a language is still getting added to it is alive.

ASL meets that criteria.

You did not read the article.

Exactly what university requires being able to speak Pig Latin as a requirement for admission?

You need to go back and read Botts link regarding why a language is considered to be "dead".

Exactly what university requires being able to speak Pig Latin as a requirement for admission?

You need to go back and read Botts link regarding why a language is considered to be "dead".

Your language to me is considered to be "deaf". Because I can't understand it. I never once said Pig Latin is required. I said ASL isn't required. Period.

Redfox- You say, Cavemen started talking before writing? What's the paintings on the cave means? Oh right, the're not writing, they're speaking. Wait, that made no sense.

American English, eh? Sounds like people are trying to seperate English in different categories. Typical. If that is so, then English is indeed widely used in the world. Like you said, American English, British English, and Other English, LIKE SEE!

Looks like the child prodigy strikes again. And he did post about English being used widely in the world. How bout this, Global English?

Perhaps interpreters were "trained" to translate. As I said, it's easy for me to translate, why? Because English and ASL are my first languages and always has been.

You all are sensitive, indeed. Ok, maybe not all, but MOST.
What's the real definition of talking?

When two deaf people are signing to each other, they say they're talking to each other.

So, does it really mean that they have to be making normal voices in order for it to be considered "talking"?

We all know that talking begins with something that makes another person acknowledge what's being said.

So, with cavemen... it was probably the grunts that started as babies. ;)

Therefore, they grunted before they started doing cave drawings. ;)

What's the real definition of talking?

When two deaf people are signing to each other, they say they're talking to each other.

So, does it really mean that they have to be making normal voices in order for it to be considered "talking"?

We all know that talking begins with something that makes another person acknowledge what's being said.

So, with cavemen... it was probably the grunts that started as babies. ;)

Therefore, they grunted before they started doing cave drawings. ;)

Talking and Signing. Pick one for the deaf and stick with it, if it's talking, then you use your voice with your signs.

Nothing is normal. If there is one thing that's normal, tell me please.

Cavemen grunted and farted all night at the fireplace in their cave. Any idea what they were talking about? The only communication they had were their clubs.

BAM BAM.

Also, it's where we came from. The Cavemen bashes women to enjoy.

Why can't we do that today?

ASL and Grunts, Farts, Burps. Are they different? I think not, because deaf do grunt, fart, and burp when they're signing. Tada.

I'm happy being me.

Then why slam ASL? You do use it don't you?

Talking and Signing. Pick one for the deaf and stick with it, if it's talking, then you use your voice with your signs.

Nothing is normal. If there is one thing that's normal, tell me please.

Cavemen grunted and farted all night at the fireplace in their cave. Any idea what they were talking about? The only communication they had were their clubs.

BAM BAM.

Also, it's where we came from. The Cavemen bashes women to enjoy.

Why can't we do that today?

ASL and Grunts, Farts, Burps. Are they different? I think not, because deaf do grunt, fart, and burp when they're signing. Tada.

So do hearing people.

I do use ASL.

Hearing people don't burp when they talk, nor do they fart, because it's impolite. For the deaf, they wouldn't know unless they have strong sense of smelling.

Back