The lowest form of language

But it was fun, wasn't it! Admit it!

That's exactly what august would say. you are just doing this for the sake of doing it - - your views/experiences/opinions have nothing to do w/ this thread. It's just a bunch of crap. Why do you do this? Do you find sexual addiction sites and temp the people there? Do you go to atheist sites and preach the word of god there? Do you go to over eater anon and flaut your skinny arse?

I am no expert but I believe that ASL is actually closer to other languages in terms of syntax and structure. I think English is a chatty language and really has a lot of nonsense and it's not really efficient. jmo

That's exactly what august would say. you are just doing this for the sake of doing it - - your views/experiences/opinions have nothing to do w/ this thread. It's just a bunch of crap. Why do you do this? Do you find sexual addiction sites and temp the people there? Do you go to atheist sites and preach the word of god there? Do you go to over eater anon and flaut your skinny arse?

No, No, No and No, why should I do all that when I can do it all here. If you are offended, PM me and tell me all about it. You are clearly making a fool out of yourself. Quit that crying, people are reading, and they want to be entertained.

Perhaps you can tell me what August did in PM that was so powerful.

I just might do it. Hahaha.

Beside, all those things you asked me, it's irrelevant to the thread that I MADE. Oh you didn't know I was the creator of this thread? Tsk.

If you'd like to continue this on the thread, I'd allow, but stay on the topic.

Remember, ASL, a sign language is the lowest form of language.

I am no expert but I believe that ASL is actually closer to other languages in terms of syntax and structure. I think English is a chatty language and really has a lot of nonsense and it's not really efficient. jmo

Then the lyrics are nothing comparing to what you said.

The songs and ASL can be created but will it have ASL's structure and syntax?

All I'm saying is ASL cannot be spoken, cannot be written, cannot be played. It simply is the lowest form of language, because it is only used by the deaf, not the world. English is one of those broad languages using today in the world, notice I said One of the Languages.

Then the lyrics are nothing comparing to what you said.

The songs and ASL can be created but will it have ASL's structure and syntax?

All I'm saying is ASL cannot be spoken, cannot be written, cannot be played. It simply is the lowest form of language, because it is only used by the deaf, not the world. English is one of those broad languages using today in the world, notice I said One of the Languages.

ASL cannot be played? Says who? :roll:

So by saying that, u are just insulting so many deaf people out there including yourself cuz you are deaf too.

No, No, No and No, why should I do all that when I can do it all here. If you are offended, PM me and tell me all about it. You are clearly making a fool out of yourself. Quit that crying, people are reading, and they want to be entertained.

Perhaps you can tell me what August did in PM that was so powerful.

I just might do it. Hahaha.

Beside, all those things you asked me, it's irrelevant to the thread that I MADE. Oh you didn't know I was the creator of this thread? Tsk.

If you'd like to continue this on the thread, I'd allow, but stay on the topic.

Remember, ASL, a sign language is the lowest form of language.

Are u a linguistic? Are u trained in the field of language aquisition/congnitive pychology?

31 messages and I still am not sure about what you are trying to say .

If you know English , Spanish and French, you also would understand what structure is. I am going to translate the example you gave from another spoken language word by word in that languages structure to English, tell me if it makes any sense to you: " Store food getting going are you? "

By your example, this language should have no structure , but it has. It just doesnt make any sense in English because its not English. Thats why when you translate from one language to another you don't translate it word by word. If you know both languages good enough to make a translation, you first read it in one language, understand it, and then re-write it in other language . Trying to write and speak the way its used in their native language is one of the first mistakes people make while learning a new language. ASL can not be horrible when written because you can not write it down using English words. You can translate it from ASL to English if you want to use English words.

If you are going to translate signs "you" "going" "store" "buy" "food" to English you still will translate it as "Are you going to the store to buy some food". If you translate it from one language to another exactly word by word then it wouldnt be a correct translation , this applies to ASL - English translations and any other language to English translations as well.

So what does ASL is lowest form of language mean? What does Spanish have a structure and grammar but its dirty and one step above ASL mean? Are you using that "lowest form" for humiliating those languages in your imagination or is this a valid scientific concept? I have never heard of any language being used today called lowest form. This concept exist for computer languages but its another subject. It also might refer a kind of language that was formed tens of thousands of years ago before human invented any language yet as a step stone to languages we have known last 15000 years but what you are saying doesnt make any sense in that concept also.

So when you divide languages into levels in your imagination, do you imagine English as like holy of holiest? Everything you said sounds like you are trying to express your personal feelings (and I guess they are negative in this case) . Otherwise you need to define a lot better, what you are really trying to say by "language having dirty structure" , "lowest form of language" , "Spanish is one level up from ASL", "language harming people" etc... if all these lines are not only said for reflecting your emotions.

-

I dont think Spanish-speaking people would be thrilled by that post. :roll:

U are right..it is a lot closer to many other languages in terms of syntax and structure.

Another thread obviously needs to be locked. Someone is obviously an angry and bitter person for whatever reasons.

English is not effective? How so, if you don't mind explaining your post?

Expert or no, you are on the money with this one!

The word RD used was "efficient", not "effective".

But it pretty much illustrates the point he was making if you need him to explain it.

Expert or no, you are on the money with this one!

I want to be on the money too please. Fifty or One Hundred Dollars bills are fine with me. I can send couple of different portrait pictures if needed. :giggle:

-

Another thread obviously needs to be locked. Someone is obviously an angry and bitter person for whatever reasons.

Ouch, I pity that person.

jillio - being effective is being efficient. It's how you use the words. Quit trying to be the smartie of all times. We can say words that has same meaning. doof was being simple for you girls.

You all are obviously angry at me. I won't apologize because I did nothing but excerise my opinion. Sure, I was wrong, or right, but whatever. I was merely making a day for us all. I was entertaining people who reads the forum all day because I know how to spice things up. Enjoy.

New thread coming!

ASL cannot be played, meaning, it cannot be written in a book, unless you are a creative genius writer with strong details explaining each signs with different meanings, but truly, one sign can give a thousand meaning. That's why it's not very useful language for everyone. English is. SEE and Braille may be a "mode of communication" or whatever you wanna call it, I call it English in signs and dots.

American Sign Language isn't very "effeicient" or "effective" because you can't be USA of the President if you know only ASL. Why? Because we don't want a dumb ass President doing everything in their power to help ONLY deaf people. It's best to help the world than the deaf, because we are part of the world.

Therefore, ASL the lowest form of language, BUT it is a language.

Ouch, I pity that person.

jillio - being effective is being efficient. It's how you use the words. Quit trying to be the smartie of all times. We can say words that has same meaning. doof was being simple for you girls.

You all are obviously angry at me. I won't apologize because I did nothing but excerise my opinion. Sure, I was wrong, or right, but whatever. I was merely making a day for us all. I was entertaining people who reads the forum all day because I know how to spice things up. Enjoy.

New thread coming!

ASL cannot be played, meaning, it cannot be written in a book, unless you are a creative genius writer with strong details explaining each signs with different meanings, but truly, one sign can give a thousand meaning. That's why it's not very useful language for everyone. English is. SEE and Braille may be a "mode of communication" or whatever you wanna call it, I call it English in signs and dots.

American Sign Language isn't very "effeicient" or "effective" because you can't be USA of the President if you know only ASL. Why? Because we don't want a dumb ass President doing everything in their power to help ONLY deaf people. It's best to help the world than the deaf, because we are part of the world.

Please consult a thesaurus. Efficient is not a synonym for effective, nor vice versa. And when you ask someone a question based on a statement they have made, you need to use the exact phrasing of the oringinal statement. To do otherwise is to attempt to change the meaning, or a clear indication that you have not understood that which was stated in the first place.

English words, as well, have thousands of meanings, and can be changed contextually. Since that doesn't appear to be a problem for you with English, why would it present a problem with ASL?

The bolded statement reeks of an attempt to inflame through the posting of bigotry, ignorance, and assumptions of signed languge equals "dumb". You really must be an angry person. Perhaps it would behoove you to work on some of that misdirected anger.

I did not say English is not effective. I said it is not efficient. Let me try to explain.

English: Lets go to the store.
ASL: Store we go.

Five words vs. three words. In signing, speaking or writing less is more efficient. That is only one example but I hope it helps you understand my point. If not I will try to clearify further.

What about Marlee Martin? Shoshannah Stern? Helen Keller? I. King Jordan? Christy Smith? Heather McCallum? In case you didn't know.... our current President is a dumbass.... and he isn't deaf....

What about Marlee Martin? Shoshannah Stern? Helen Keller? I. King Jordan? Christy Smith? Heather McCallum? In case you didn't know.... our current President is a dumbass.... and he isn't deaf....

Nor can he speak English very well.:giggle:

Marlee hates deaf, I. King is also dumb because he did nothing for Gallaudet. Helen Keller was blind. Our current president should be deaf and it might turn out better than it is today.

Back