The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

Seriously, when I moved down to North Carolina. I woke up seeing maybe half an inch of snow outside. Gotta go work, and when I drove to work I see nobody around, all stores, business etc closed. I was what the heck? I arrived at work, my boss yelling at me that I am nuts. I told him that he forgot where I came from. I ended up spending driving around looking at those people that stayed home. :hmm:

I personally love lots of snow, had great time driving my Jeep plowing though snow. So, Im glad I no longer live in NC.

Toronto isn't far from here.

Oh, wow. :shock: I'm not surprised though. Nobody would be prepared for snow down there.

I like snow too! I like snow for Christmas and lots of it on weekdays so I can hopefully get a day off.

I'm not in Toronto. Toronto's in Southern Ontario... they typically will have a green Christmas and don't usually get too much snow. In Ottawa (Eastern Ontario - further North... about 3-4 hours from Massena), it is often unpredictable. Somedays will have more snow than others.

Oh, wow. :shock: I'm not surprised though. Nobody would be prepared for snow down there.

I like snow too! I like snow for Christmas and lots of it on weekdays so I can hopefully get a day off.

I'm not in Toronto. Toronto's in Southern Ontario... they typically will have a green Christmas and don't usually get too much snow. In Ottawa (Eastern Ontario - further North... about 3-4 hours from Massena), it is often unpredictable. Somedays will have more snow than others.

You have my sympathy but ya'all natives don't mind it anyway. Your area - Toronto/Montreal/Ontario is notorious for sudden climate change especially in winter. Your area is like a funnel alley where majority of wind/fog/moisture/heat must comes thru for Northern America.

You have my sympathy but ya'all natives don't mind it anyway. Your area - Toronto/Montreal/Ontario is notorious for sudden climate change especially in winter. Your area is like a funnel alley where majority of wind/fog/moisture/heat must comes thru for Northern America.

I do remember my last day in Ontario... that day I was flying back home... It was the day of snow storm and white out, a very bad visual for driving. (It was 2 hours and 1/2 drive to airport). It was a bummer that my plane wasn't canceled to fly out, so that I could have stayed another day in Ontario after being an exchange student for a year.

Had a nice time hanging out with some girlfriends that I am starting to get to know last night. One of them is housesitting a mansion so it was fun touring and hanging out at that house. Man, I am so in the wrong field..would love to have a house like that but I cant afford a 5 million dollar mortage. Talk about serious luxuries! We watched The Dangerous Truth..laughed soooo hard. I havent laughed like that in such a long time. We might go over there again sometime this week. I am curious to see what the landscaping looks like as it was dark when I arrived.

Learned how to fingerspell my name in BSL. Feels so weird to use both hands to do it. :lol:

I wonder how deaf people in Britain and Australia get along (fingerspelling) if they only have the use of one arm...:scratch: Where's JClarke when you need him?

I say gl.

You should see Guatemalan finger spelling. 28 letters, and some of them are interesting. I might make a youtube showing that soon.

(psst, don't tell a deaf Guatemalan that you want to ride horse in asl.)

I wonder how deaf people in Britain and Australia get along (fingerspelling) if they only have the use of one arm...:scratch: Where's JClarke when you need him?

This is a question that i've been thinking about quite a lot...the only letter you could do was C as it is the only letter that uses one hand! I shall endeavour to find out though! alternatively, JC will educate us all!

I do remember my last day in Ontario... that day I was flying back home... It was the day of snow storm and white out, a very bad visual for driving. (It was 2 hours and 1/2 drive to airport). It was a bummer that my plane wasn't canceled to fly out, so that I could have stayed another day in Ontario after being an exchange student for a year.

You must have a lot of good memories from that student exchange. What made you choose Canada?

I seriously never knew this (@ the funnel). It makes perfect sense though.

This is a question that i've been thinking about quite a lot...the only letter you could do was C as it is the only letter that uses one hand! I shall endeavour to find out though! alternatively, JC will educate us all!

I was going to ma e a new video but I kept delaying and delaying...

Always am, here on AD :lol:

Bedtime, son!

since you posted this, I was right in bed.

Learned how to fingerspell my name in BSL. Feels so weird to use both hands to do it. :lol:

Show us!

I seriously never knew this (@ the funnel). It makes perfect sense though.

just random Doppler map of Eastern Canada and Northern American states

goes_nam_1070x_s_20080615_00h00m.jpg
[/IMG]

canadasat_440x297.jpg

I'm not exactly sure why this happens but it's possibly because of terrain such as mountains that funneled it thru or something... :dunno:

just random Doppler map of Eastern Canada and Northern American states

goes_nam_1070x_s_20080615_00h00m.jpg
[/IMG]

canadasat_440x297.jpg

I'm not exactly sure why this happens but it's possibly because of terrain such as mountains that funneled it thru or something... :dunno:

Oh, god I don't want any more snow! :mad2:

Sitting here... trying to catch up on all of the posts... normally I do.

But... starting to think "CBF, not important to my life"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back