The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my computer back. Best Buy got it fixed overnight. Office Depot Tech Dept could not do it at all. They had the computer for 5 days and still could not fix it. Best Buy got it Wednesday (5/5) and I got it Thursday (5/6). The Geek Squad rules!!

Meh. I had quite an encounter with an attractive man yesterday, he was smiling and bumping into me constantly when I was browsing at a store. I was batting my eyelashes until I realized I lost my wallet, I hurriedly pushed my shopping cart to Customer Service and bumped into the same man again. A realization slapped me across the face, he had my driver's license and was only 'checking me out' because he wasn't sure if the wallet belonged to me or not (I am at least 30 pounds lighter since the picture was taken).

Whelp, there goes my pride.

He did chuckle and linger in the parking lot to chat a few minutes, but I was too moronic to hand him my phone number and say "text me". Who does that?!? Bah! The dating life is too much work for me (folds arms)

Oh you are beautiful! I'm surprised the men don't follow you around everywhere you go! I hate dating too, I'm not sure I even know how to date anymore. :lol:

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry)

Aw thanks quirky :)

Well, my night in Chico is rather interesting. I'm driving around with friends, I have a cowboy hat on and I'm listening to Michael Jackson's hit songs. I have salad on my lap and vodka in the trunk o_O the contradictions are ever so present!

Meh. I had quite an encounter with an attractive man yesterday, he was smiling and bumping into me constantly when I was browsing at a store. I was batting my eyelashes until I realized I lost my wallet, I hurriedly pushed my shopping cart to Customer Service and bumped into the same man again. A realization slapped me across the face, he had my driver's license and was only 'checking me out' because he wasn't sure if the wallet belonged to me or not (I am at least 30 pounds lighter since the picture was taken).

Whelp, there goes my pride.

He did chuckle and linger in the parking lot to chat a few minutes, but I was too moronic to hand him my phone number and say "text me". Who does that?!? Bah! The dating life is too much work for me (folds arms)

haha you are beautiful. You are such a cool chick! ;) I agree about dating life is too much but sometimes someone grabs your heart then you would think it is not too much anymore. you know? ;)

I agree with Frisky.

Been waking up feeling so conflicted inside from disturbing dreams all week. I hate feeling this way.

Ok , I would like to why the HELL do dogs like to eat other animals poop! My dog love to eat rabbit poop! I will buy him the best dog food and he will stick his nose up at it, but him give a bowl of fresh of rabbit poop and he would wolf it right down! Of course I would never do this!

If a dog is eating feces it is partly nutrient deficiency and partly instinctive behavior.

The instinctive behavior part is when dogs were running wild (some still do and even wolves do this), they will eat their own feces to re-digest any nutrients that they may have not digested before and to hide their tracks from larger predators such as bears and other packs of wild dogs or wolves.

The nutrient deficiency part may be due to an iron or protein deficiency. Check the back of your dog food the first thing in the ingredients list should be chicken, lamb, or beef. Not by-products or soy fillers. If your dog is extremely active they should have dog food that is 92% protein or higher. I recommend Eukanuba Premium Performance or the Eukanuba Lamb and Rice formula if your dog has a wheat gluten allergy. Other recommendations include Purina Pro Plan or Science Diet Adult Lamb Meal & Rice formula. Innova ONE is also good.

Brands I would use for a dog that's not highly active would be Iams/Eukanuba Adult Formula, Science Diet Adult dry formula or Purina ONE.

Brands I would steer clear of would be Ol'Roy (its mostly meat/poultry by-products and soy filler, very little nutrition) Diamond (they had huge recall a few years back, rat poison was found in the dog food, hundreds of dogs died needlessly, I wouldn't trust them again) I would also steer clear of store-brand foods such as Always Save or Best Choice, these are more soy filler than poultry/meat by-products and thus do not provide adequate nutrition. People who feed their dogs store brand foods generally have more problems with feces-eating than those who don't.

Dog food? My dog won't touch it! She went 4 days without eating, and cried the whole time. I've been thru all brands of dog food. She will eat chicken breast....I steam it, and wash off any residue (grease), and throw away the skin.

She's never tried to eat dog poop...but I've seen dogs that will eat it. She's very picky about dog treats as well, loves pepperoni!...She gets her exercise everyday and at the park on the weekends, late evenings when it's cooler.

If a dog is eating feces it is partly nutrient deficiency and partly instinctive behavior.

The instinctive behavior part is when dogs were running wild (some still do and even wolves do this), they will eat their own feces to re-digest any nutrients that they may have not digested before and to hide their tracks from larger predators such as bears and other packs of wild dogs or wolves.

The nutrient deficiency part may be due to an iron or protein deficiency. Check the back of your dog food the first thing in the ingredients list should be chicken, lamb, or beef. Not by-products or soy fillers. If your dog is extremely active they should have dog food that is 92% protein or higher. I recommend Eukanuba Premium Performance or the Eukanuba Lamb and Rice formula if your dog has a wheat gluten allergy. Other recommendations include Purina Pro Plan or Science Diet Adult Lamb Meal & Rice formula. Innova ONE is also good.

Brands I would use for a dog that's not highly active would be Iams/Eukanuba Adult Formula, Science Diet Adult dry formula or Purina ONE.

Brands I would steer clear of would be Ol'Roy (its mostly meat/poultry by-products and soy filler, very little nutrition) Diamond (they had huge recall a few years back, rat poison was found in the dog food, hundreds of dogs died needlessly, I wouldn't trust them again) I would also steer clear of store-brand foods such as Always Save or Best Choice, these are more soy filler than poultry/meat by-products and thus do not provide adequate nutrition. People who feed their dogs store brand foods generally have more problems with feces-eating than those who don't.

Thanks! The first ingredients list is lamb in my dog food. We have wild rabbts in our back so my dog has a fresh supply all the time!! He love horse poop too! I will not buy any of the brands of food you posted. Iams grind up babies chicks alive! I read somewhere that Science Diet is not all that great for food . I do not buy dog food with wheat in it. Wheat is bad for people with
arthritis , so I would think it would be bad for dogs with arthritis,which my dog has. Purina ONE is something I would never feed my dog . I buy real good food for him. The woman that order the dog food at the co-op I go to it really careful about the food she get, she made sure it not on a recall list and if she think and dog food could have ingredients from China in it she will not buy it for the co-op! She really does her homework!

Dog food? My dog won't touch it! She went 4 days without eating, and cried the whole time. I've been thru all brands of dog food. She will eat chicken breast....I steam it, and wash off any residue (grease), and throw away the skin.

She's never tried to eat dog poop...but I've seen dogs that will eat it. She's very picky about dog treats as well, loves pepperoni!...She gets her exercise everyday and at the park on the weekends, late evenings when it's cooler.

What kind of dog do you have? I had a Samoyed Husky and once I did not have the money to buy her favorite canned food. When I came back home she had her food bowl in a corner upside down! When I picked the bowl up I find tore up news paper packed into the food! I mean she use her nose and pushed the paper in deep! I LOL! My dog told me what to do with my cheap dog food! I went out got her got favorite canned food!

Wirelessly posted

I am off to Wal-mart to buy index cards for final exam. I know the shop bug will bite me :giggle:

The winds are just absulotely horrible out there! Definitely not a day to be outside despite the sun and warmth. Tried gardening, only to have the water whip all over me.

What kind of dog do you have? I had a Samoyed Husky and once I did not have the money to buy her favorite canned food. When I came back home she had her food bowl in a corner upside down! When I picked the bowl up I find tore up news paper packed into the food! I mean she use her nose and pushed the paper in deep! I LOL! My dog told me what to do with my cheap dog food! I went out got her got favorite canned food!

:giggle: :giggle:...Ahh, she's a Pomeranian, 2 yrs. old.....Spoiled rotten and to the bone....I carry her to bed, and pick her up out of the bed in the AM...Sometimes, she'll lay down in my place on the bed and won't get up, laughing the whole time!...She giggles, smiles and chuckles (laughs), my boys have heard her do this. They give her lots of attention also. She "checks out" my ears several times a day....so I'm feeling she knows I"m deaf, gives them a "lick" and me a "slobbering kiss". She goes everywhere with me, is never left at home...she's got me "trained"!

Thanks! The first ingredients list is lamb in my dog food. We have wild rabbts in our back so my dog has a fresh supply all the time!! He love horse poop too! I will not buy any of the brands of food you posted. Iams grind up babies chicks alive! I read somewhere that Science Diet is not all that great for food . I do not buy dog food with wheat in it. Wheat is bad for people with
arthritis , so I would think it would be bad for dogs with arthritis,which my dog has. Purina ONE is something I would never feed my dog . I buy real good food for him. The woman that order the dog food at the co-op I go to it really careful about the food she get, she made sure it not on a recall list and if she think and dog food could have ingredients from China in it she will not buy it for the co-op! She really does her homework!

Whoa, whoa! As per USDA, no poultry processor may process chickens less than 5 weeks old. Therefore no baby chicks are used. The type of poultry used for dog food is generally the offall (condemned birds) from a processing plants and the laying hens after one year go off to be processed at a rendering plant. In either case the chickens are generally inspected by USDA.

The foods I recommended I have seen the best results in personally or I have had a trusted person give me a good recommendation.

I wouldn't recommend feeding a lamb & rice formula unless your dog specifically has an allergy to wheat gluten which is used in other formulas.

It's good the manager at your co-op is doing her homework, but I just simply would not purchase Diamond dog-food (its sold at Tractor Supply Co. and many co-ops.) Ol' Roy is also on my no-no list. There's a reason why walmart is able to sell a "premium" dog food so cheaply - it's mostly chicken / beef / lamb by-product than the actual meat itself. To further explain, chicken / beef / lamb by-products means it is the lips, tail, butt-holes, ears, and skin very little actual meat. and it's all just ground up together and mixed with soy fillers and smashed into little kibble shapes and cooked until solid. Sounds like something I would feed to my dog - not.

I had good results with the coat using Science Diet, adds a nice sheen to it.
Purina Pro Plan gave my dog the protein he needed and therefore he put on a lot of muscle mass.
I also used Eukanuba Premium Performance, again had a lot of protein in it, while he didn't add lean meat to his body, he was able to maintain. HOWEVER: he began losing weight on this formula and turns out he was allergic to it and I had to switch to a lamb and rice formula for a short time to eliminate other causes of his allergies. After all other things were eliminated, I put him on the Purina Pro Plan permanently and he did quite well with it.

Do you believe everything you read on the Internet? You seem to have warped sides to every story.

I am at work, need aim company :giggle:

Man am I tired. Got all the housework done. Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, windows, walls, bathrooms, kitchen, oven, fridge and deep freeze, as well as 9 loads of laundry. Also did a lot of mending and have more mending for tomorrow before we go to 2 libraries, the key shop and Game Stop.

I'm bored today. Now that school is out I have no life! :lol:

Are you done with school for the semester? I am still going to school, we have our final exam today:Ohno: We start a new module tomorrow , done in September and graduation ceremony Oct :)

im upset that Garmin Company wont fix my *&&% GPS Nuvi 255w.. i have warranty for that but they WONT fix it because my gps is that cannot touch on screen beyond "agree". I was like, AW C'MON!!! they asked me if i dropped, i told only TWICE on the passenger seat. They said, 'it is considering you dropped and im sorry that we cannot put warranty to fix on it'.

i told them, "its bull*$#t!" then hang up.

your advice about that (how to convince them to fix it?!?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back