The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
not new car but used car which cost as much as the repair. but you ask - if getting used car costs as much as repair, why not just spend it on repair cost? well - you know that your car (even after repair) is most likely going to have unforeseeable mechanical issue later on.. so that drives up the cost.

or.... do what C.C. Sinned suggested. Put on yer jumpsuit and get your hands dirty :cool2:
I did that on my other car when I crashed at the first time, it was only headlight and grizzle replacement that was required... but for this car, well that's more worse than you think.... and yes, unforseeable circumstances of these mechincal issues such as the smoke I saw coming out of my engine. :/

pictures? the smoke could nothing more then a busted radiator or hoses...

I did that on my other car when I crashed at the first time, it was only headlight and grizzle replacement that was required... but for this car, well that's more worse than you think.... and yes, unforseeable circumstances of these mechincal issues such as the smoke I saw coming out of my engine. :/

could be just a busted radiator and couple of other fluids. usually on front - it's radiator, AC freon, and wiper fluid :dunno:

You probably just cracked the radiator to see smoke and that is not so bad you need to replace the car if true.

Just new grill and radiator.

I saw your FB status, Jake. I am sorry to hear what happened to you. Hang in there!

Anyways, went to the dR today for another kind of check up. I went for my physical last Wed. Got weighed and I went :eek3: I lost 4 lbs in one week! Holy cow! That makes a total of 12 lbs lost since the begining of July.

I am soooo thrilled because I had been struggling to lose weight for over a year with no results..all I can is think "Finally! Something is working!" Still got lots more to lose but at the rate I am going, if it keeps up, it wont be much longer before I reach my target goal. Now, then I will have to work at keeping it off for the rest of my life.

Jake, I m awful sorry to hear what happened. Parts and repair servce is too costly. Your car is high mileage and old. Junk it. You better look for another used car.

Anyways, went to the dR today for another kind of check up. I went for my physical last Wed. Got weighed and I went :eek3: I lost 4 lbs in one week! Holy cow! That makes a total of 12 lbs lost since the begining of July.

I am soooo thrilled because I had been struggling to lose weight for over a year with no results..all I can is think "Finally! Something is working!" Still got lots more to lose but at the rate I am going, if it keeps up, it wont be much longer before I reach my target goal. Now, then I will have to work at keeping it off for the rest of my life.

Congratulations, Shel! I know how hard it is to lose weight. I've never lost anything... just gained.

Congratulations, Shel! I know how hard it is to lose weight. I've never lost anything... just gained.

My sad tendency too!!:(

But congratulations to Shel anyway!!:lol:

:applause:

Thanks everyone! I am working out 3 hours a day now. See if I can keep that up when I finally return to work on Monday. My goal is to run/walk for an hour before work and then work with wieghts/cardio for 90 mins in the evening...see if I can do it. When I was a teacher's aide in AZ, I was exercising 10 to 15 hours a week and I am finding myself back into my old exercise routine that I had 10 years ago. I kept that up for 5 years but stopped when I got two full time jobs working 80 hours a week.

Good for you Shel! You sound committed. I am proud of myself for just biking an hour a day lol :Oops:

Another beautiful day! It will be in like 85 or whatever...LOL!

Hubby came! :shock: I am glad though! Family vacation....we are having a grand time!

Our both Jeeps were on beach yesterday! I will take pictures probably tomorrow....since that we are not in mood to go beach today.... too sore and sunburned. :( We will live lol!

Enjoy your day!

Good for you Shel! You sound committed. I am proud of myself for just biking an hour a day lol :Oops:

Thanks!

Hey, an hour a day is recommended by doctors. My hubby thinks I am working out too much but I enjoy it.

I dont understand that I am very calm at the moment. No revenge, nothing. Just blank and calm. :|

What a blast week! Thank god I was able to get vacation though.

My new record no sleep for 43 hours.

Traffic in DC MD VA was DISASTEROUS!!!! Worse than in 80's I would never want live in that area. My hometown, almost never see traffic jams.

I ended up brought both my Jeeps down with my friends. Glad did because if only one Jeep, we will be busted... too many people. both Jeeps pah on the beach, what a blast time.

The only problem is.. all my family members now looks like lobsters. damn, that hurts.

Anyoine here in OBX, let us know though PM, never know can meet and have blast time.

What a blast week! Thank god I was able to get vacation though.

My new record no sleep for 43 hours.

Traffic in DC MD VA was DISASTEROUS!!!! Worse than in 80's I would never want live in that area. My hometown, almost never see traffic jams.

I ended up brought both my Jeeps down with my friends. Glad did because if only one Jeep, we will be busted... too many people. both Jeeps pah on the beach, what a blast time.

The only problem is.. all my family members now looks like lobsters. damn, that hurts.

Anyoine here in OBX, let us know though PM, never know can meet and have blast time.

:giggle: That's why my husband kept hissing at me while we lived in DC. He said we must move to syracuse ny. I was like, "hell no!". now we are in syracuse ny. wow big different than va md dc. Here it is really awesome and everything except the deaf community sucks! :cry: rochester is ok but i am a brat spoiled girl that i like dc/va/md's deaf community the best. hey hey i am willing to learn more about rochester. i try to drive up to rochester all over again but must bring my kids with me over there. My old friend used to live there now she and her family moved to cananda. So i stopped coming up there. eh.. ha

glad you had good vacation with your family. :D

Cool, can always come and visit us in Rochester, kids are always welcome.

Yeah, traffic in DC MD VA, can't explain, miles and miles and miles of stalled traffic for no apparent reason. This includes Richmond VA to Williamsburg VA, no accident no construction, still traffic stalling for over 20 miles. WTF?

As to speak of Deaf commiunity, I still prefer Rochester over DC area.

:giggle: That's why my husband kept hissing at me while we lived in DC. He said we must move to syracuse ny. I was like, "hell no!". now we are in syracuse ny. wow big different than va md dc. Here it is really awesome and everything except the deaf community sucks! :cry: rochester is ok but i am a brat spoiled girl that i like dc/va/md's deaf community the best. hey hey i am willing to learn more about rochester. i try to drive up to rochester all over again but must bring my kids with me over there. My old friend used to live there now she and her family moved to cananda. So i stopped coming up there. eh.. ha

glad you had good vacation with your family. :D

Cool, can always come and visit us in Rochester, kids are always welcome.

Yeah, traffic in DC MD VA, can't explain, miles and miles and miles of stalled traffic for no apparent reason. This includes Richmond VA to Williamsburg VA, no accident no construction, still traffic stalling for over 20 miles. WTF?

As to speak of Deaf commiunity, I still prefer Rochester over DC area.

I know about being traffic in dc md va. that are diaster roads.

anyway, let me know any deaf events over there in rochester that i am willing to learn more about rochester for deaf community. ha

why do you prefer rochester over DC area? just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back