The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor shel, I'm surprise that you feel well enough to get on the computer at all. Being sick is sooooo boring though! Do you have a good movie that you can watch?

Poor shel, I'm surprise that you feel well enough to get on the computer at all. Being sick is sooooo boring though! Do you have a good movie that you can watch?

Since I was a child, I have been addicted to reading so if I am not busy, I read hence my browsing through AD.

Good movies? We are watching "The Day After Tommorow".

I dont feel well..my body hurts sooo much and I cant walk without being in pain. Sitting on the couch with my feet prepped up on a soft chair is very comfortable.

Thanks...:)

Well..my daughter is sick with the H1N1 flu and I went home early from work due to developing a fever myself. I am just a vegetable on the couch browsing thru AD with my P3 Netbook and watching movies. Dont think I will go to work tmw due to all the achiness in my body. My hubby is off due to the holiday so he will have to take care the both of us. :) Daughter and I have to wear masks so we dont get my brother, hubby and son sick too.

Hope you both get to feeling better soon. Prayers are sent your way.

Got a question about a book I got from the library today. So far it's very interesting. Does anyone know of it and is it something that is accepted by the deaf community?

The Other Side of Silence: Sign Language and the Deaf Community by Arden Neisser. Copyright 1986.

Got a question about a book I got from the library today. So far it's very interesting. Does anyone know of it and is it something that is accepted by the deaf community?

The Other Side of Silence: Sign Language and the Deaf Community by Arden Neisser. Copyright 1986.

This book sounds very familiar.. :hmm:

Just finished book this morning. It was very informative, but it's still 23 years old. It gave a lot of history of the deaf community, how it went "underground" and came back. The issues that deaf and hoh faced with residential schools in the 50's-70's and how they tried to teach apes ASL. I really learned a lot of what shel90 talks about regarding oralism and things like that. It also mentioned quite a bit about the whole deal with Alexander Graham Bell and his distorted views.:hmm:

Look like we have a spammer on AD attacking random threads and posts.

If you are boring....copy and paste on the spammer's post just for fun

spammgh8tk4.gif

:confused:

Please explain. :) Thanks. (You said this while quoting me).

Well..my daughter is sick with the H1N1 flu and I went home early from work due to developing a fever myself. I am just a vegetable on the couch browsing thru AD with my P3 Netbook and watching movies. Dont think I will go to work tmw due to all the achiness in my body. My hubby is off due to the holiday so he will have to take care the both of us. :) Daughter and I have to wear masks so we dont get my brother, hubby and son sick too.

Oh i am so sorry. Hope you and your girl are feeling better soon.

33xggvk.gif

I can't imagine he meant you, but just in case it is a mean bonding activity, I am doing it too!! ;) :lol:

LOL! Well it's just because he's done that to my posts before. I don't know if he actually thinks it or if he's just joking around. :lol:

LOL! Well it's just because he's done that to my posts before. I don't know if he actually thinks it or if he's just joking around. :lol:

Oh well, I guess it is not a new Deaf bonding thing. :(

But it was fun picking on you anyway, Loghead!:wave:

Loghead, I think that he was referring to an actual spammer who was here when he posted it. The spammer was very busy and it was really annoying.

LOL! We should have a deaf bonding camp. :lol: Or a support group. :lol:

What would we support?

Other deaf people? People who were picked on?

I like the idea of camp for deaf people who have been picked on, it would need to be for all ages, and probably most of AD would attend. :)

Bott is just very protective of Loghead. He's a really special guy.

Nope, I am not quoting you. I was referring to the spammer that attack AD last night. It took all over some threads.

OK, thank you for clearing that up, thanks! :) I thought that since you were quoting me you meant I was... and I was kinda confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back