The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
:whistle:

Hey folks...just checking in before I pack up the laptop to head home in the morning. Everyone have a great friday!! I will be driving from Kentucky back to NW Arkansas!! I'm so excited to be heading home..even though I've enjoyed my visit with my sister. 9 hour (10) isn't a fun thing to do with 3 kids and a dog...but we are heading home :D Have a great day

I don't get the Twitter "phenomenon". I don't much care for Twitter. I just think it's suddenly cool cuz Ashton Kutcher and other movie stars live and breathe by it. Phhbbbt, Hollywood. :roll:

What is Twitter? How does it work? (I feel so old having to ask that question. :giggle:)

I don't have an account on Facebook or MySpace because I don't see any reason to. I prefer to frequent message boards/forums and e-mail lists instead.

What is Twitter? How does it work? (I feel so old having to ask that question. :giggle:)

I don't have an account on Facebook or MySpace because I don't see any reason to. I prefer to frequent message boards/forums and e-mail lists instead.

twitter is a very simple, no-brainer website. the point of it is to tell people on your friend list on what you're doing at this moment. that's all - a "status update." IMO - it's incredibly lame!

twitter is a very simple, no-brainer website. the point of it is to tell people on your friend list on what you're doing at this moment. that's all - a "status update." IMO - it's incredibly lame!

:ty: for the explanation, Jiro.

I don't think that's something I'd be interested in.

I know some CNN programs have Twitter where you can read the comments people make about questions that are posed. I would find that interesting, but not the rest.

That's just me though. :)

Hey, no matter where you are....

Just for today... all of us are going to see exact 12 hours of *FULL* daylight and 12 hours of night time, even if you are in north pole or south pole!

What does that mean?

Curious who will answer correctly first...

Just for today... all of us are going to see exact 12 hours of *FULL* daylight and 12 hours of night time, even if you are in north pole or south pole!

What does that mean?

That means the path of direct sunlight is at the equator instead of above or below equator.

Spring had arrived!!!!
hey, no matter where you are....

Just for today... All of us are going to see exact 12 hours of *full* daylight and 12 hours of night time, even if you are in north pole or south pole!

What does that mean?

Finally, I have finished two Chemistry assignments online. Only two more to go, but the last two is due in May. That's plenty of time. :)

What does that mean?

An equinox happens for March 20/21 and September 22/23 each year. So the Earth's axis is neither away from or towards the sun, as the sun being vertically above a point on the equator.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does Twitter work? I've never used it before.
basically you update your status(kinda like facebook) and ppl can comment on it..and your friends do the same so on and so forth..

Agreed. :roll:

Yup
An equinox happens for March 20/21 and September 22/23 each year. So the Earth's axis is neither away from or towards the sun, as the sun being vertically above a point on the equator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back