The Great Debate A Final Answer!

deafdyke

Reaction score
Somewhere in this forum, Taz asks why if CI kids can commuicate fine orally, then why should they bother to learn ASL. I finally have an answer! Let's just say it's annoying to wear a device while making love, and it's hard to read lips in a sitution like that!

Originally posted by deafdyke
Somewhere in this forum, Taz asks why if CI kids can commuicate fine orally, then why should they bother to learn ASL. I finally have an answer! Let's just say it's annoying to wear a device while making love, and it's hard to read lips in a sitution like that!

nah, not a final answer har har!!!

I would wear either HA BTE or CI BTE during love making session or intercourse? It is a great pleasure to hear the sound of sex..

Boult, Yes but a hearing aid or a CI can be knocked off VERY easily during activities! Much easier to get along without it! I mean I do like hearing during sex but, it's a pain in the nether quarters when an aid or a CI gets knocked off!

Boult, Yes but a hearing aid or a CI can be knocked off VERY easily during activities! Much easier to get along without it! I mean I do like hearing during sex but, it's a pain in the nether quarters when an aid or a CI gets knocked off!

Pez,

very easily? LOL you must have a VERY loose HA!

Mine never came off, I mean my HA, why? thanks to earmold! geez! you are generalizing too much!!!

There are some people who wear both HA and CI so I am sure they will take CI BTE off but leave HA on.. There are many way that it can be left on during hard core sex.. didn't you forget that there thousands way to have a sex without knocking off a HA or CI???

Maybe yours get knocked off because you are lesbian, I know how strong those lady's leg are when a lady give a lady oral pleasure! I have been there, I gave a lady a oral pleasure and I still wear HA so I can hear her MOAN!! My ha hasn't come off yet. what's more, I am not lesbian! I am straight male!

Afterall it is not a FINAL ANSWER period! just a stupid excuse to make one!

You need to find a better final answer!

Or worse....if my lover or hubby hugs me after making love, and he/she has head against my head next to hearing aid and it goes EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I hate that! :P

Originally posted by WaterRats13
Or worse....if my lover or hubby hugs me after making love, and he/she has head against my head next to hearing aid and it goes EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I hate that! :P

That's fine, it is only temporary :D like less than one minutes it goes back to normal! ;)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sounds I don't have them anymore cuz I don't use Hearing Aid anymore since I use my CI.......

When I made love with my husband, I use my ci on depend on my mood...actually it never fell off me, if it does I can suggest is use a sweatband or something like that..

Mine doesnt fell off. It is the magnet that holds it... When I hugged my husband one day at work it fell on floor of course it did get broken I couldn't hear for like few days I Use my HA on my right ear and It was like impossible to hear due of different sound I got used to the sound with ci that were much better.
Anyhow, I think this is a joke when someone tries to fool to some people about having their bte/ha fall off unless you were in Rough sex! Hints-- some hairclips do falloff too..

Wendy

hahahahahahah at least it didn t fall in a toliet like a certain fucker did to mine one yr LONG story but thank god i got a new HA and not have worry abt seeing that fucker again!

You know.. I noticed nowadays kids with CI implants still can't speak very well or write very well. WHy is that?

Heard of a duct tape? you sound like you're not creative. :p

Is it annoying to wear a condom for males....does that give males excuses not to wear a condom? That's the same valid point you got there for CIs.

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
You know.. I noticed nowadays kids with CI implants still can't speak very well or write very well. WHy is that?

I'll bet you that those kids went to those deaf schools.

Few years ago there were a type of get together of all the children who had CIs and had been mainstreamed. Most of them never signed and as far as I could tell...few of them had bad english grammars since we all were required to write up a speech and give a presentation about the impact of CIs on their early lives. None of us knew what would happen on that day.

Funny thing...those few people who had terrible grammar skills transferred to the Arkansas School for the Deaf. One of another deaf person who didn't go to ASD had a different physical disability.

Originally posted by BostonIceFire

My step son has an implant -- he speaks very well and understands spoken speech at least 90% of the time, BUT he cannot read nor write properly at all! (BTW, he's 15)

I have an implant myself as well -- I went to a deaf school...didn't get the implant until I was in my late 20's. I speak quite well and can understand at least 50% of the time...I've only had the implant for a fairly short time...only 3 years, so I have some ways to go before I can comphrend spoken speech more, etc. I can read and write just fine as you can see here! ;)

My step son has an implant -- he speaks very well and understands spoken speech at least 90% of the time, BUT he cannot read nor write properly at all! (BTW, he's 15)

I have an implant myself as well -- I went to a deaf school...didn't get the implant until I was in my late 20's. I speak quite well and can understand at least 50% of the time...I've only had the implant for a fairly short time...only 3 years, so I have some ways to go before I can comphrend spoken speech more, etc. I can read and write just fine as you can see here! ;)

Did I read somewhere what type of education did your step son have? I don't think so....could you share that?

:wanting to learn more:

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Did I read somewhere what type of education did your step son have? I don't think so....could you share that?

:wanting to learn more:

No, I haven't talked about it in here nor any where else in AD....but I blame the mother (step son's Mum) for the lousy education he received whilst growing up. Reason why I say this is because when Daniel was discovered having profoundly deafness...my husband and his mum (when they were married before) put him in a deaf facility -- deaf program for his first 3 years. Then when my hubby divorced Leanne...she went to put Daniel in a regular public school, claiming he could hear enough and could communicate just fine with hearing people, etc.
Andrew and I have had no power over on the decision on where to get Daniel's education. Andy's nana (grandmother) wanted to put Daniel through VicDeaf school (same as state deaf schools in USA) and pay for his education for the entire 12 years, but stupid mother refused and kept Daniel in public school.
It's sort of a complicated story -- when I first moved out here in 1998, he was 10 -- he has had a lot of emotional problems and not sharing what was happening at the main home, so we had no ideas what was happening both at home and educationally until one weekend 2 years ago, he brought over his homework -- an essay he was required to write. A summary of a story he read. He let me read the essay and I was so appalled at how bad his english was and the spelling errors everywhere, etc.
After that, Leanne claimed that Daniel had learning problems and was trying to find someone to blame the learning problems on, etc.
She even tried to put the blame on Andy and myself -- trying to see if she could dig up some sort of dirt on us that would've caused the learning problems in Daniel. Geez...talking about this makes me upset, but...that's what has been happening as of late. Daniel's now 15 and is at a special education school for kids with learning disabilities.

No, I haven't talked about it in here nor any where else in AD....but I blame the mother (step son's Mum) for the lousy education he received whilst growing up. Reason why I say this is because when Daniel was discovered having profoundly deafness...my husband and his mum (when they were married before) put him in a deaf facility -- deaf program for his first 3 years. Then when my hubby divorced Leanne...she went to put Daniel in a regular public school, claiming he could hear enough and could communicate just fine with hearing people, etc.
Andrew and I have had no power over on the decision on where to get Daniel's education. Andy's nana (grandmother) wanted to put Daniel through VicDeaf school (same as state deaf schools in USA) and pay for his education for the entire 12 years, but stupid mother refused and kept Daniel in public school.
It's sort of a complicated story -- when I first moved out here in 1998, he was 10 -- he has had a lot of emotional problems and not sharing what was happening at the main home, so we had no ideas what was happening both at home and educationally until one weekend 2 years ago, he brought over his homework -- an essay he was required to write. A summary of a story he read. He let me read the essay and I was so appalled at how bad his english was and the spelling errors everywhere, etc.
After that, Leanne claimed that Daniel had learning problems and was trying to find someone to blame the learning problems on, etc.
She even tried to put the blame on Andy and myself -- trying to see if she could dig up some sort of dirt on us that would've caused the learning problems in Daniel. Geez...talking about this makes me upset, but...that's what has been happening as of late. Daniel's now 15 and is at a special education school for kids with learning disabilities.

That sounds awful. I wish this would have been more easier for him. That's why education placement is so important. I don't think it's your step son's fault at all to be like that. At least he still would try as it sounds like for this special education school. Hope he pulls out through and becomes proud of himself....that's what matters. :D

Originally posted by SilenceGold
That sounds awful. I wish this would have been more easier for him. That's why education placement is so important. I don't think it's your step son's fault at all to be like that. At least he still would try as it sounds like for this special education school. Hope he pulls out through and becomes proud of himself....that's what matters. :D
I often believed that parent should be more involed with their children's education. I've raised in various deaf/public schools and the main thing that I've noticed is, how well an individual learn is based on how much they've read. I grew up reading encyclopedias and used encyclopedia learning tools (back in old days) and that was the essential tool that helped me with my education. My parent used an incentative by putting me in bedroom with an hour addition "lights on" only for reading. As a stupid child, I used up that priviledge to keep lights on. I've developed the habit of reading and learning things from books all because of my parents. That could be a big difference when parent of deaf child contribute something to them with enthuism.

I do believe that parents should play a part in their children's education too. That's their job as a parent.

from my understanding I could be wrong so ur welcome to correct me here, i see that divorced parents of a deaf child has different opioion of how thier child is raised in education for myself I would have left my kid in the deaf education world, and allow him to develop the skills along with helping them develop educational IE; spelling, grammar and etc. so to speak, waterrat's stepson's mom is wrong to do that and now he still has plms, as far as im concerned its the mom that needs to place blame on herself for allowing this to happen, i know all abt the story ( some for that matter) and agree that she s plain wrong in judging and trying to place blame on hubby and waterrats when all they are doing is rasiing them and helping him in his decissions i know it sucks, it peeves me when parents do one thing entirely does another!

I have tried to talk sense into my step son's mother about the education Dan was getting and suggesting a few deaf facilities that offered extra attention in improving english and so forth...but Leanne has long since refused to listen to our suggestions. *sigh*

Eeps..have just realised that this topic, including a few others related to my posts -- have gone off topic... :Oops:

Mods: could you do something about this or just leave it the way it is and go back to topic?

Back