THAT makes a sound!??!?

Mixed sounds of "hmmm" as if I'm in deep thought and a moan as if I'm having a mini O.

At least that's what hearing people tell me. :-D

Mom says I make little clicking and sucking noises when I'm really engrossed in a book or if I'm deep in thought. I guess I'm sucking all my brain cells all together for better efficiency? LOL.

We call it kneading. Don't know what the "official" word is, but it's what kittens do when they're nursing.

Yup, it's sort of the cat equivalent of thumb sucking :lol: I think it really is called kneading... I know at least that when I worked at an animal shelter, thats what everyone there, including the vet, called it.

It is the kitten's way of kneading milk from the cat mom. They do it as an adult because it reminds them of happy times, or so I'm told. I don't mind usually when they do it, but only when THIS cat mom is trying to sleep. :lol:

It is the kitten's way of kneading milk from the cat mom. They do it as an adult because it reminds them of happy times, or so I'm told. I don't mind usually when they do it, but only when THIS cat mom is trying to sleep. :lol:
Or as long as you have thick covers or clothes on. :o

I just found out today that shoe laces make a sound when you walk. I've never heard that before and I kept stopping, check my work badge (hold it in my hand), take a few steps and still hear the sound, hold my keys (from my pocket), take some more steps and STILL hear the sound. Hold my wallet (who knows - right?), a few more steps. pull my pants off my shoes and walk (still holding badge, keys, wallet, change, and pulling pants up) and few more steps and then I spotted the laces slapping the top of my leather shoes. sigh, that was a lot of work for one stupid sound! I could have spent the rest of my life having never heard that sound and been just fine!!! :pissed:

But now you know you cannot sneak up on someone while wearing those shoes. Maybe that will be a useful thing to know! :lol:

I remember I did read some magazine that stated for the hotel, women left so messy in the hotel rather than men. Men kept the hotel room clean before they left. THere were some comments that women says that "we paid the hotel therefore maids will clean it". :lol: I have to agree with women! lol

Maybe men well trained by their woman to clean up after self? :giggle:

Today I lay on bed and feel it shake. Start to think earthquake. It was washer during, how do you say, spin?

But now you know you cannot sneak up on someone while wearing those shoes. Maybe that will be a useful thing to know! :lol:

Yes, lesson learned!!! sneak up on someone? must remove shoes first! :giggle:

I just found out today that shoe laces make a sound when you walk. I've never heard that before and I kept stopping, check my work badge (hold it in my hand), take a few steps and still hear the sound, hold my keys (from my pocket), take some more steps and STILL hear the sound. Hold my wallet (who knows - right?), a few more steps. pull my pants off my shoes and walk (still holding badge, keys, wallet, change, and pulling pants up) and few more steps and then I spotted the laces slapping the top of my leather shoes. sigh, that was a lot of work for one stupid sound! I could have spent the rest of my life having never heard that sound and been just fine!!! :pissed:

wait...what? I didn't know shoelaces made a sound either...no wonder I can't sneak up on Lee .

Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

I can just see this and I can't help but laugh! :giggle:

Yeah, I've done something similar but I didn't quite do all the things you described.

on the heavy breathing thing- don't sweat it. i have a pal (a hearie) who, if he doesn't talk for a moment, will start doing this weird rythmic nasal beatboxing. in-out-in-in-out-in-out, that kind of thing. he doesn't realise it until i point it out, but i certainly don't think any less of him for it. (kinda scary late at night on camping trips, but at least he wasn't farting in the tent!)

ugh... the worst part... no not the sound... the cold yucky water splashback :ugh:
interestingly, in Japan the water level in the toilet is usually a lot higher- less time to drop means no splash!

This thread is fascinating :). It has made me think about all the hundreds of sounds I hear daily and don't even really take notice of - like the opening of the fridge or scratching my arm, the click of a lightswitch or sound of turning a page in a book. While I know my friends do not hear anything, I never really stopped to think about all those thousands of little 'everythings' they don't hear and, more importantly, never gave any thought to the idea that they might not even know those things make a sound at all. Thank you for giving me this "aha" moment! So now I must give more thought to how to describe sounds without relating one sound to another (saying that blowing out a candle sounds a lot like the sound of wind isn't very helpful to a deafie is it?). And I will certainly give this more thought when I am not so distracted by all the noises I usually don't pay attention to ... darn clicking of the keyboard, hum of the computer fan, bang of the neighbors fixing their roof, creak of my chair, etc. etc. etc. ... so annoying! haha.

Yes Sunny, the air being forced out of your mouth makes a sound ... the harder you blow, the louder the sound.

Back