Tell ur kids abt santa?

Personally, I don't see the harm in allowing a child to believe in Santa. Every kid needs that and every kid will grow out of it. It's apart of childhood and the wonderment that goes with it. I would be sad if someone told my child there was no Santa. That's like robbing something from them in my opinion.

I just think it's sad to do. :(

Yes, It is part of the childhood. I don't see any harm in allowing a child believing in Santa Claus either. Either way, the child will find out about it one way or another but that is also part of growing up too.

I remember I found out that Santa Claus was not real when I was 9 years old. A friend from school told me about it and at first I didn't believe her. So, During the Christmas break at home, I sneaked in and saw my mom and stepfather putting the stuffs up. That is when I knew Santa Claus was not real. My mom was wise and she made an emphasis to note that even though Santa did not exist, Christmas still evolves around us and it should not make any difference whether Santa Claus exists or not.

People at church decided to tell my kids that there was no Santa when they were 3 & 4. I had no idea about it until later. I then let the kids know that there was a little Santa in each of us, but then again, we still do a birthday cake for people who have died in the family. At least we get cake and ice cream more times than not!!

What a wonderful tradition!

Personally, I don't see the harm in allowing a child to believe in Santa. Every kid needs that and every kid will grow out of it. It's apart of childhood and the wonderment that goes with it. I would be sad if someone told my child there was no Santa. That's like robbing something from them in my opinion.

I just think it's sad to do. :(

And, it is really developmentally appropropriate for a kid to believe in Santa, and other myths, as well. A child of the age to believe in Santa Claus is still engaging in what is called "magical thinking." All kids go through this phase, and it is a normal part of their development. As they begin to move out of this developmental stage, they start to question things like Santa.

I would let the kids have their moment to enjoy the idea that Santa exists - until Either I get caught dead delivering their gifts OR their friends tell them otherwise, whichever happens first.

I would let my child believe whatever they want to believe. If they ask me, I will tell them the truth. I rememeber I saw the presents hidden in my mom's closet and I confronted my mom and said "Mom, Santa's not real, is he?" and my mom looked so heartbroken and admited "No sweetie, he is not." and I said "Do I still get the presents?" My mom said "Of course!" and I just skipped away happily.....

I know I know.. what a vain child I was!!!

I would let my child believe whatever they want to believe. If they ask me, I will tell them the truth. I rememeber I saw the presents hidden in my mom's closet and I confronted my mom and said "Mom, Santa's not real, is he?" and my mom looked so heartbroken and admited "No sweetie, he is not." and I said "Do I still get the presents?" My mom said "Of course!" and I just skipped away happily.....

I know I know.. what a vain child I was!!!

Good story, I already knew by age 8 - I could have sworn I was one naughty kid and STILL ended up with a mountain of gifts. Some kids will start to reason, noticing questionable patterns that don't make sense, but I just let my parents still think I belived in the 'Ol guy. :lol:

Hmm, I guess I was one of those kids that didn't figure out that Santa wasn't real on my own, lol.

I still remember my family getting together to tell me (I was the youngest kid out of my family) to ask me who brought the presents every Christmas. I said it was Santa of course. They stared at me, and I guess something in me just clicked. They must have said something that I slowly realized that Santa and Easter Bunny wasn't real. I was surprised of course, but I did not have my feeling hurt. I think I was just surprised and amused probably.

But still, it's like all those magic stuff (make-believe) that I believed in just died for good. After that, it's hard to believe in such thing. But of course, what's a harm into keeping a little "Santa" in us? Heh. I still get presents from "Santa" regardless.

I caught on that Santa Claus wasn't real when I was around 4 years old when I noticed both my Mom and Santa had the same handwriting.

It didn't help that I caught Dad munching on Santa's cookies when I got up to use the bathroom as well.

I wonder how many adults out there still hold the child-like belief that there's a Santa?

I wonder how many adults out there still hold the child-like belief that there's a Santa?

I still do. You have NO idea what I do when I see a full grown adult wearing a Santa Claus outfit. :giggle:

At a mall, I had one sit down besides me so hubby could take a picture of us!!

At another mall, I even BEGGED hubby to do a candid pose with Santa with me but hubby REFUSED poor DeafBlind me!! :shock: How dare he do that!!

It's because he didn't want to sit besides me and have Santa lay across our lap in a silly pose with lots of people gawking at us! :giggle:

Now how that's for believing in Santa at 36 years old..

Yes Patty.. there is a Santa Claus ... Ho! Ho! Ho! Poor Santa looks a wee bit uncomfortable with me cuddling up to him, LOL LOL!

santapatty.jpg

So, I guess your discovery at age 4 was all a lie? :lol:

:laugh2: @ Mrs Bucket
You are full of holiday spirit. :thumb: Maybe your husband is a scrooge. :giggle:

Mrs Bucket maybe it would have been better if you were to dress up as Mrs. Claus then he'd be too comfortable oh wait.... Chris won't like that either. Errr never mind! :hmm: :D

I let my daughter believe in Santa Claus because I was raised to believe in Santa when I was very young. Sometimes blackmail does wonders because anytime she's being a bad girl I'd tell her that Santa is wa-a-a-a-tching yo-u-u-u-u :squint: and could lose a present if she keeps it up. Ofc, she fastens her seat belt and acts like a very well behave girl. :D

Oh believe me Chris is Scrooge sometimes but in the mornings I can be Scrooge and Chris can be like Santa! :giggle:

We took pictures (more like 25!) to get one good family picture because the furkids were P'O'ed at us manhandling them.

mrs-bucket-albums-merry-christmas-picture2625-xmascard.jpg

2C, you are something!! Yes of course, it was the only way to make my parents give more gifts.. gotta lay on the guilt.. ya know!!

Yes, Cheri.. Christmas.. I love it!! My favourite season of the whole year, Merry Christmas to you all!!! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Hugs Katzie.. so happy to see you here and good on you to use that trick on Ally! Heh heh! :giggle:

And, it is really developmentally appropropriate for a kid to believe in Santa, and other myths, as well. A child of the age to believe in Santa Claus is still engaging in what is called "magical thinking." All kids go through this phase, and it is a normal part of their development. As they begin to move out of this developmental stage, they start to question things like Santa.

Exactly. It truly makes me sad when people try to rob children of that part of childhood. Children will grow out of it, so I don't see the harm in allowing them to believe in something fun and innocent. It's apart of childhood. Same with the Tooth and the Easter Bunny.

Exactly. It truly makes me sad when people try to rob children of that part of childhood. Children will grow out of it, so I don't see the harm in allowing them to believe in something fun and innocent. It's apart of childhood. Same with the Tooth and the Easter Bunny.

Tookie doesn't like you because you forgot to mention him.

Of course, you couldn't see Tookie in the picture.. he's invisible!! :giggle: I'm with you OB about allowing children their own childhood of everything.

Tookie doesn't like you because you forgot to mention him.

Of course, you couldn't see Tookie in the picture.. he's invisible!! :giggle: I'm with you OB about allowing children their own childhood of everything.

:)

I honestly don't remember what my invisible friend was called. I probably just played pretend with my dolls. I know I was quite attached to a Mrs. Beasley doll when I was really little, but I don't know much about my play with dolls. I can remember pretending to be bionic when I was about 8 yrs old. Jamie Somers WAS my hero.

The memories are so much fun!

I'm with you Mrs Bucket... And my apologies to Tookie. ;)

:hug: from Tookie!

Wonder Woman was my hero! It was because she was able to run & jump and be able to be an alter ego.
I never had dolls because I'm not fond of them in particular. China dolls... ugh!

I fondly recall receiving a plastic version of Barbie and was thrilled to pieces about having her. I grabbed a brown crayon and two of my Mom's pins with plastic ends so I would make my Barbie anatomically correct.

I ain't going spill my beans to my children about fake Santa Clause.. Until one day will come discover themselves.. My teenagers are already knows that not real Santa Clause but still enjoy extra present from Santa Clause. *snickers*

I already made deal w/my teenagers, please don't say anything spill to Logan about not real Santa Clause.. I want him enjoy view Santa Clause and get more presents. (chuckles)
Love to seeing Logan's reacts Christmas incoming up.

Back