Teen: Retailer refused to hire over head scarf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, ignorance! :roll:

I don't understand who'd shop there in the first place. They sell clothes for snooty, insecure people.

I have admit that I'm ego but no worse as authentic

AF/AE is popular for americans, that's heavily based on american culture.

Never shopped there. I go to Walmart for clothes.

And how do I know? I had knew snooty (or rude) people in high school that wore AE and AF clothes.

AF/AE isn't really only for snobby, rich people, it's for every americans, no matters, I wear AE cloth but it doesn't make me so snobby or rich man, it's more mainstream or middle of it.

I REFUSE to buy clothes from wal mart due poor quality and clothes aren't last for longer, I rather goes to AE, Pacsun, Zumiez, Hot Topic and JCPenney/Macy's (for jeans only).

Again, you people have been exposed to years of anti-Muslim brainwashing. You need to realize that we live in a country full of diversity and we need to show more respect to Muslim-Americans. The view that all Muslims are evil, etc is unfair and ignorant.

Well, the respect need to go both ways... We (non-muslims) show our respect on muslims but where is their respect to us?

Muslim-Americans or Muslim Europeans need to respect non-muslim's country's law/rules since they choose to live in non-muslim's countries. If they don't like non-muslim's law/rules/culture then go back to muslim's country.

I visited muslim countries before... What I do? Of course OBEY their law & rules instead of complaint... Why can't they do the same then?

I cannot stand anyone use their "disability" as a feeble excuse to against company as discrimination... example about hair stylist in England.. http://www.alldeaf.com/strange-stupid-news/53758-hair-salon-sued-not-hiring-muslim-stylist.html

Can you care to explain what AF/AE is?

Abercromie & Fitch = AF
American Eagle = AE

They are two popular retail stores catering to outdoorsy trendy clothes. I love their clothes but they are kinda expensive and tend to target the population who are size 12 and below.

Abercromie & Fitch = AF
American Eagle = AE

They are two popular retail stores catering to outdoorsy trendy clothes. I love their clothes but they are kinda expensive and tend to target the population who are size 12 and below.

Ah I got it...

Yes, we have AF & AE shops here in Germany. We only get them for my both sons via internet for special offer between 30% and 75% discount. My both sons are teenagers and like that taste... :lol:

AF is Abercrombie & Fitch, AE is American Eagle Outfitters.

It's popular American clothing store.

I answered Shel90's post... ah your post here... Yes, my both sons love AF & AE clothes...

lol, Shel and me were posted at same time, is it perfect? lol

Why not? There's no law on the books that forbids people from working wherever they please.

They are not supposed to discriminate against people. There are anti-discrimination laws on the books.

How would you feel if someone refused to hire you because you're deaf? It's the exactly same thing as refusing to hire someone who wears a religious garment.

But the question that people are asking is why are they subjecting themselves to this?

This is case is similar to the homosexual man that applied for a position in a business that was known to be anti-gay. Why subject yourself to it and complain that you been discriminated against when you know full well what was going to happen?

Again, you people have been exposed to years of anti-Muslim brainwashing. You need to realize that we live in a country full of diversity and we need to show more respect to Muslim-Americans. The view that all Muslims are evil, etc is unfair and ignorant.

I don't have a problem with Muslim-Americans, I just don't think it's appropiate for them to apply at jobs that are selling an image and not to expect them to conform to the norms of the company.

Why not? There's no law on the books that forbids people from working wherever they please.

They are not supposed to discriminate against people. There are anti-discrimination laws on the books.

How would you feel if someone refused to hire you because you're deaf? It's the exactly same thing as refusing to hire someone who wears a religious garment.

Well, let's look at this from another perspective. AF is selling an image. A requirement of the job is that their employees project the image they are attempting to sell. If an individual cannot perform that essential function, or refuses to perform that essential function, then the company is within their rights not to hire them.

I haven't been inside an A&F store so I don't know how the staff are attired. Do the people who work in A&F normally wear A&F clothing?

Did the Muslim girl who applied for the job wear A&F clothing plus her hijab? Or did she wear just "Muslim" clothing?

Never shopped there. I go to Walmart for clothes.

And how do I know? I had knew snooty (or rude) people in high school that wore AE and AF clothes.

oh typical response of underprivileged people who buy walmart clothes and you're probably jealous of "snooty" people wearing nicer clothes - namely AE/AF clothes.

I wear J.Crew and CK clothes so I must be snobby and "Paris-like" :roll: These brands have certain styles for certain bodies. I no longer can wear AF/AE because it doesn't look good on my skinny body frame. I'm a skinny type and J.Crew clothes fit better for me.

If you REALLY wanna talk about snooty people - just diss on Prada and Gucci :laugh2:

uh.... each job has a specific parameter. For example - Hooter restaurant requires you to wear orange skimpy shorts and tight t-shirt. That is not a sexual harassment. BUT it is discrimination if they decline the applicants just because they do not have bigger boobs. It is discrimination if they decline her if it's because she is a trannie or wears glasses/HA or a Muslim/<insert religious affliction or nationality>

If the job requires you to have hearing capability because it involves a lot of phone calls, then they can decline you. Would UPS or Post Office hire a handicapped delivery man??? :roll:

Discrimination Law is tricky which is why you're understandably confused about it.

oh typical response of underprivileged people who buy walmart clothes and you're probably jealous of "snooty" people wearing nicer clothes - namely AE/AF clothes.

I wear J.Crew and CK clothes so I must be snobby and "Paris-like" :roll: These brands have certain styles for certain bodies. I no longer can wear AF/AE because it doesn't look good on my skinny body frame. I'm a skinny type and J.Crew clothes fit better for me.

If you REALLY wanna talk about snooty people - just diss on Prada and Gucci :laugh2:

:shock: How DARE you?! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back