Teen Pregnancy

Marj

Reaction score
I did a project on teenage pregnancy and I noticed that most knocked up teenagers are from a poor or abusive background..

Wonder if it's a fact or a opinion?

Beside, have you ever experienced teenage pregnancy or a friend of yours went through it?

I was pregnanted at around 16 at my first time-- I didn't abort it, i miscarried because I didn't know I was pregnanted until I miscarried.

:shock: Never been pregnant during my teen years. :dunno: The first time I got pregnant is about 4 years ago. :mrgreen:

I am relief that none of my sisters been prgnant during teen years. Exect my one little brother who made on his ex-so-called-girlfriend.
humpfGrr.gif

I don't think that's true ;) I don't come from a poor or abusive background at all, I got pregnant the first time at the age of 18, and now I'm 22 with 2 kids, and happy to be a mom giving them enough love and attention that my parents never did :) I didn't abort because I accepted the responsibility.

mom got preggy when she was 17 when she had me she was 18 so that also was premmie, mom had rubella me was affected, born deaf, half blind and heart sugery.

I got pregnant the first time at the age of 18,
Teekie, were you still in high school or had you graduated by then? I know a lot of people (even hyperconservatives) think that an 18 year old getting pregnant is not really a teen pregnacy b/c you're legally an adult. I mean getting pregnant at 18 is completely different from getting pregnant at 13 or 15 or 16.
18 isn't that young. People used to get MARRIED at 18, when they graduated high school. (and not that long ago either!)

Uhm, one of my "friends" knocked up a 12-year-old when he was 19... okay, he's not a friend, just a guy I use for free weed by promising to "pay" him back later. To this day, I probably owe him around 500 bucks, but hey, he's stupid enough to keep on giving it to me.

The girl he knocked up was, like I said, 12 years old. She came from a wealthy family, her mother was a laywer, and her father a family doctor.

I'd just like to point out something --

I grew up going to a public school, then went to a deaf school for a few years, then went back to a public school for one final year. I'd just like to mention that from what I've seen, more deaf girls get knocked up in their teen years then hearing girls do...

There were more knocked up deaf girls at a high school of 150 (I guess) deaf kids, with like 30 people in each class ('99, '01, '02.. ect) than in my public high school of around 850 students with about 40 students in each CLASSROOM (around 215 in each class)....

Originally posted by deafdyke
Teekie, were you still in high school or had you graduated by then? I know a lot of people (even hyperconservatives) think that an 18 year old getting pregnant is not really a teen pregnacy b/c you're legally an adult. I mean getting pregnant at 18 is completely different from getting pregnant at 13 or 15 or 16.
18 isn't that young. People used to get MARRIED at 18, when they graduated high school. (and not that long ago either!)

I was still in HS that time as a senior.

:eek: Xero, MY GOD!!

IMO, teenage years starts at 13 and ends at 21..

Let me show u something..

Eleven
Twelve..

ThirTEEN
FourTEEN
FifTEEN
SixTEEN
SevenTEEN
EighTEEN
NineTEEN

..Twenty
Twenty-one

Eighteen is the year when people consider you "responsible" and when you're ready for the real world, etc. etc.

I don't think it's related to poor and/or abusive families. It could be anyone. There was one girl who came from a rich wonderful family. She came to my school in 9th grade wearing a cute dress making herself look like she was sophisicated. By the time she was in 11th grade, she got pregnant and ended up finishing school a year later than planned.

My real mother was only 15 when she had me. If I was still with her, I'd probably be a member of Hell's Angels.

yup, my mom had me when she was 15

my family NEVER come abuse and poorly treats...but my sis is pregnant...she is 16, will be 17 this aug. she is jr in h.s. :shock:

teen pregnancy is a sad thing but it DOES happen and the kids do need to be educated in the refraining from sex and if they just simply cannot then discuss the possibility of being on the pill AND educate the value of using condoms for protection's sake not just for preggy but for STDs/HIV and etc

Originally posted by illustrator
I guess sex education system have fail.
chatterbox.gif

that's true most deafies I notice never pay attention to teacher in sex education class that includes me TOO but I learned about sex thru AOL cuz deaf room on AOL is famous for that crap :rofl:

Sex education is a touchy thing. Some people do not want to teach condoms and so on, so they talk about abstence (sp...not having sex). Kids think they are so invicible, and will not get stuck with unpleasant stuff. In my sex ed. class, we had videotapes showing us AIDS victims, STD victims, etc... And we had guest speakers in class talking about AIDS, etc... And you had fake babies for a week, it could be a pain in the ass, made us learn not ready to be responsiblity. It was really a good sex ed class we had in my h.s.

I know what you mean. I feel sorry for someone but i feel funny. I don t know how to explain that.

um.. A person who is 13 years old and got raped by her own father two times. Also she got pregnant from him and had to get an abortion. It changed her life alot... I guess.

Back