Tattoos, Piercings, and Bears "Oh My!"

KStiletto

Reaction score
No bears really, just looking for my fellow tattoos and piercings enthusiasts. If you want you can post just your tattoo/piercings pictures as long as its G rated or you can just tell me/us what they are, and how many you have.

I have two tattoos - one on each side of my neck, right below my ears. I noticed something very interesting last time I played softball. I am a member of a mostly deaf women's team and we play against a Francophone deaf women's team. Most of the women who do have tattoos had tattoos on their necks, below their ears as well. I am wondering how many deaf people here on AD have chosen to have tattoos by their ears?

No bears really, just looking for my fellow tattoos and piercings enthusiasts. If you want you can post just your tattoo/piercings pictures as long as its G rated or you can just tell me/us what they are, and how many you have.

I'm not necessarily an enthusiast, but my son certainly is. He has a sleeve on his right arm, tribal around the ankle of his left leg and a tat on the calf of the same leg, and 3 tats on his back. Not many piercings, though...just his left ear and his tongue.

I have two tattoos - one on each side of my neck, right below my ears. I noticed something very interesting last time I played softball. I am a member of a mostly deaf women's team and we play against a Francophone deaf women's team. Most of the women who do have tattoos had tattoos on their necks, below their ears as well. I am wondering how many deaf people here on AD have chosen to have tattoos by their ears?

:hmm: Could be an interesting research question.

I have eight tattoos, and seven piercings, mostly my ears. In total I have had eleven piercings. I love sleeves.

I have eight tattoos, and seven piercings, mostly my ears. In total I have had eleven piercings. I love sleeves.

Actually, I didn't think about it before, but I have 5 piercings...3 in one ear, one in the other, and my navel. Not bad for an old woman, huh?

What's that?

It's a certain style of artwork that is very prevalent in Argentina - they are on shops signs, menus, cars, posters, etc etc. I dance the Argentina tango and had travelled to buenoes aires a few times to dance and wanted tattoos that combined both my love of tango and of my pride being Deaf.

FILETEADO PORTEÑO - Artefileteado - Mandynga: Diseños Fileteados para Tapetes

autito%2B8.jpg

It's a certain style of artwork that is very prevalent in Argentina - they are on shops signs, menus, cars, posters, etc etc. I dance the Argentina tango and had travelled to buenoes aires a few times to dance and wanted tattoos that combined both my love of tango and of my pride being Deaf.

FILETEADO PORTEÑO - Artefileteado - Mandynga: Diseños Fileteados para Tapetes

autito%2B8.jpg

Wow! I bet those would make beautiful tats!

I saw a documentary on a woman a while back. She had a double mastectomy and instead of having reconstructive surgery, she had these beautiful vines and flowers tatted over the scar tissue. She said it was her way to celebrate the fact that she was still alive as a result of the surgery, and to emphasize the fact that her breasts are not what made her a woman. I have always thought that, should I find myself in the same situation, I would love to be able to do the same.

I have one tattoo with my shoulder and arm on dragon. =]

I used to have 2 piercing per ear, but infections set in. I now only have 1 set. No tats as I was always afraid.

I will think about putting a pic of my favorite tattoo up on here.

I have several, but most are from a time when I was a different person.

I used to have 2 piercing per ear, but infections set in. I now only have 1 set. No tats as I was always afraid.

That is the only thing that has prevented me from getting a tat. I dislike pain. Figure I endure enough of it on a daily basis.:P

Back