T-mobile G1

? now I'm really confused. I had asked the local T-Mobile place here (this city have like 5 or so different places) and they said no. I really really hope that you can really get the G1 with Data-Only plan so we can find out if it is true or not. good luck VamPyroX.

P.S. Just in case you can't get it with data-only, see my sig. I'm currently just trying to find out why most cell phone CO don't offer data-only plan for all of their phone for fair pricing. I hope I'm not breaking any rules related to this since I'm new here lol. if I am, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

? now I'm really confused. I had asked the local T-Mobile place here (this city have like 5 or so different places) and they said no. I really really hope that you can really get the G1 with Data-Only plan so we can find out if it is true or not. good luck VamPyroX.

P.S. Just in case you can't get it with data-only, see my sig. I'm currently just trying to find out why most cell phone CO don't offer data-only plan for all of their phone for fair pricing. I hope I'm not breaking any rules related to this since I'm new here lol. if I am, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.
Well, I'm not planning on getting the G1 anytime soon cuz my Sidekick 3 works perfectly fine. I rather wait and see how the G1 does on the market before I upgrade. :)

oh ok lol, well, good luck to whoever out here is getting the G1, let us know if you managed to get it with the data-only plan.

It seem PCDeaf is correct.

I check around too and it seem must add a voice plan for G1 phone and cannot get data only.

Probably need to contact TMobile Customer Service and discuss about getting this with data only.

Sidekick have hearing impaired data only plan right? or it same for everyone?

my question when will Tmobile release G2? i went to store today and i tried demo. It was very nice and i like it. Very simple and nothing fancy at all.

my question when will Tmobile release G2? i went to store today and i tried demo. It was very nice and i like it. Very simple and nothing fancy at all.

Great! I think that you could wait to see G2 next time. Don't hurry to buy any mobile till next year. :)

Motorola and several other companies are working on Google-based phones now. One will be solely for social-networking (Facebook, Myspace, Friendster, Hip5, etc.)

Called T-Mobile before and they said that there is no data-only plan, which sucks hairy testies cuz I wanted to get the G1. :noway:

i don't think i will get this one. i'm not coming back to topic.

I just went by the store again today and got my hands on an unlocked G1. Pretty nice.

I asked them again about the plans and they said that it was a mistake. Yes, we have to have a phone plan before we can get the unlimited data plan. :(

However, he did say that they may allow data-only without required phone plans in the near future. I guess we'll have to wait. :(

I heard they gonna remove voice plan at June 30th 2009. If I were you I would be patient until they remove voice plan. I just try out 1g and I like it but I notice they need be upgrade with few stuff then I would thinking about buy one.

I am still getting it since I am hard of hearing. I use voice plan on my blackberry cell phone. I am getting this baby!

Forget all that..i want a handheld..with microphes and the technology already in use in the car industry to remove background noise...then voice to text...since I speak..I would be in heaven..and I really think ADA should jump on this..I and manyothers are being denied the right to live life without always asking the hearing to write for me...
all schools, hospitals and andone coming in contact with a deaf or hoh person that speaks should have one of these..somebody is missing out on a market primed for success...still waiting..have speech to text on my desktop...they could even do it with a tablet that had microphones...if youcould not speak you flip the thing and write back to the other person..but still get to read what they are saying..I need a R & D person..

I have a G1. I pre-order it a while ago for $179 with a two-year contract extension. I chose a $35/mo unlimited 3G data and unlimited texts. They never asked for a voice plan on the web page when I was pre-ordering it. I have a sidekick 3 and I guess they plan to replace the sidekick data plan with the new G1 data plan. Few days ago, I got a text from T-Mobile saying that I have to call them because they want to talk about the rate plans for the new G1. I called them and they asked if I still have SK3. I said, "yes", and then they said that for the G1, I have to have a voice plan. I told them that I was told that by a T-Mobile rep that I wouldn't be required to have a voice plan. They said that they have to fill out the voice plan, they cannot go past the registration page or whatever on the computer screen without the information. I told them to hold on to that and wait while I talk to the customer service and they agreed to that. I called the T-Mobile TTY line and told them to leave a comment saying that there should be a data-only G1 plan for the deaf customers and blah blah. So... right now, I have a SK3 data plan and it works with my G1. I plan to leave it like that indefinitely until they allow deaf customers to be able to have data-only plan. I guess I'll be paying $30/month SK3 data plan for my G1. :D

Cool, nikeairj. Had I known to pre-order it I would have done the same.

Forget all that..i want a handheld..with microphes and the technology already in use in the car industry to remove background noise...then voice to text...since I speak..I would be in heaven..and I really think ADA should jump on this..I and manyothers are being denied the right to live life without always asking the hearing to write for me...
all schools, hospitals and andone coming in contact with a deaf or hoh person that speaks should have one of these..somebody is missing out on a market primed for success...still waiting..have speech to text on my desktop...they could even do it with a tablet that had microphones...if youcould not speak you flip the thing and write back to the other person..but still get to read what they are saying..I need a R & D person..
ADA can't force phone companies to develop these kinds of technology.

i called TMobile, they said that there are data plan must comes with voice plan that will becomes unlimited. here it is what i called via VP

NorCal: "hello, is this customer service, yes?"
TM: "yes, how can i help you? what is your phone number and last 4 ss number?"
NorCal: "Yea, need to know about G1 and xxx-xxx-xxxx and xxxx"
TM: "All right, thank you.......Yes, i have your account. what do you need to know about G1?"
NorCal: "Ok, G1 comes with data plan that state unlimited?"
TM:"Forgive me for saying this, this is common question since last two months to asking about data plan for G1. It must comes with voice plan"
NorCal: [thinking: damn, last two months to asking same question?!?] Oh, thank you and how much cost to upgrade?"
TM: "20 dollars to upgrade. Do you want to upgrade as today?"
Norcal: "All right, thanks a bunch and no thanks. Just want to know about G1"
TM: "Ok, thank you. have a good day"
NorCal:[tell VP to hang up]

Back