Surgery tomorrow!!

WOW! That was fast I thought you would be there for at least 2 days .

I was home just 5 hours after my surgery. It seems to be the normal thing now a day.

Glad all went well, keep us posted on your recovery and all. I am considering getting it done too.

I go home now with pain meds n antibiotics in tow. They said I could take all this bandage stuff off in 2 days!!

Prayers for a swift and painless recovery. I'm glad you got through it well.

Laura

Wow ! After drilling a hole in you they send you home 5 hours later and not keep you to made sure everything is OK with you.

as long as you aren't throwing up and feel well enough, they discharge you a few hours after CI surgery. Usually done as an outpatient procedure basically.

View attachment 21146
I'm finished!! I have a REALLY bad headache but I'm fine other than that. I'm on the road to recovery n happy it's over now.

Sent from my iPhone

The headache is probably from the pressure from the bandage. Once its off it should feel better.

You will probably be off balance for awhile till your body adjusts to the foreign object implanted in your head/ear but it will go away over time.

Good luck with your recovery.

Feeling better today. My headaches are getting less now. My ear feels really full and my face n side is still really swollen. My balance is still off, glad I'm not driving haha. Thank u all for your support!!! Don't know what I'd do without you all.

Sent from my iPhone

Feeling better today. My headaches are getting less now. My ear feels really full and my face n side is still really swollen. My balance is still off, glad I'm not driving haha. Thank u all for your support!!! Don't know what I'd do without you all.

Sent from my iPhone

That is great news ! Can you put a cold pack on your face to help with the swelling ?

Good news of your quick recovery-when is your next appointment? When is the expected appointment of "hooking up the externals?

aside: I saw the surgeon 2 weeks after the operation- allowedd to go swimming-if I wanted. Did the next day.
The only thing I was not to do to lift hand weights over my head for a few months- a slight danger of splitting the healing stitches. I didn't for almost 5 months after a quick checkup. Then okay
Next step after hookup=getting used to all new sounds you hadn't heard before. I was advised to keep the Implant on all time-to get used to new sounds.
Aside: mine was 4 weeks

Again much success with your Implant.

yep, had my GallBladder removed and sent home after about 2 hours.... about 5 hours total including surgery time.

As long as one has some help it is so much nicer recovering at home. I'm really lucky my husband is a terrific nurse.

Got email confirmation from the audiologist, they will turn me on to start my programming next week. The 9th of July, same day I see the Dr for my check up. That's fast!! 12 days from surgery.

Sent from my iPhone

yep, had my GallBladder removed and sent home after about 2 hours.... about 5 hours total including surgery time.

Next there will be drive through surgery , you drive though and had it done in your car and you go home. I bet the insurance companies would love this they would only have to pay the doctor time. This is all about the insurances companies making more $$$ and us getting at little care as possible .

WOW, quick activation!!! I would make sure you are doing a lot of icing to get that swelling down or you may have issues with your headpiece not holding and they will have to delay your activation. Sleep in a recliner or at least propped up on a lot of pillows so you are mostly sitting up. Have someone get you 4 or 5 bags of frozen peas and apply 1-2 bags to your face/head for 15-20 minutes at least once/hour (rotate the bags so they are always frozen). Just apply the bags directly to your head, do not wrap them in a towel or at most one layer of dampened paper towel or it won't be cold enough to do any good!

Back