Supreme Court to consider D.C. Handgun Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard if there're suddenly and unexpectly than you prepare to shoot or do something...

Example: You know an attacker will come to you then you prepare something... then you can try to aviod from shoot to heart or head... If something suddenly/unexpectly, you have no time to try to aviod anything... just defend for your life. It's not possible to run to get gun when an attacker is front of you unexpectly.

We questioned police a lot about the difference between preparation and suddenly...

If an attacker jump on you suddenly, then is a different story.

I actually meant that if an attacker was killed unexpectly by the victim, then it's okay, like you explained above, this situation can be too fast to avoid from anything but protect ourselves from the violence.

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. :(

It's okay, I never seen him and he died awhile ago :)

If you prepare then best to shoot legs or arms to wound like what I provided 2 links in my last posts and then alarm police.

Yea police can be handful, but what if we don't have enough time to call the police, but to protect ourselves?

:ty:

I had been attacked at officer in 1994 when I was 6 years old, I was start wild and attack at bus keeper, that where women who take care of handicapped kids in special bus, she showed a point the police car to me at bus's window and I just feel disgusted then almost attacked her, yelled so loudly then bus driver had call police via CB radio and stopped the bus, officer got in bus and grabbed my arm so hard and got out of bus, I was punched at his chest and kick at leg, nearly to body until other officer had stopped to tight my body down and 1st officer was slapped my face so hard then arrested with handcuff and drove to police station then put me in jail alone, several min later then sat in office after calm down and I was act like very wild kid, just had wait until my parent picked me up, that's not funny but it happens when some young child are bad.

There's no taser gun at this time, even can't point the gun at unarmed child like me but slapping isn't right, it can considered as child abuse but I don't have enough mind to report at this time, I just looks like special education, really not basic knowledge, even I had been raised at bad preschool, just nothing to learn and not know how to fully communicate until when I was 8 or 9 years old. :(

Wow, sorry to hear about that.. I agree, it's not ok to point the guns to the children, it's kinda sort of extreme to me..

If someone is struck in the femoral artery it is very easy to die from blood loss. Google "femoral artery death", and you'll see how many pop up.
Shock can result from any traumatic injury. Shock: First aid - MayoClinic.com
Knowing that the police have guns has nothing to do with physical shock.

Yes it make sense.

:ty: for link.

let's start over. when the officer approaches to you - he asks for ID and papers. You can reach into purse or glove compartment for it because the officer expects you to do that. But when you argue and then suddenly reach into purse or compartment, the officer is not expecting that and it scares them. get it?

Yes I know what you mean...

Very interesting!! That really sucks that the owner of car automatically gets the points even though he did not drive. In America - they do not charge points by camera to driver - only fines. Because when you charge points to license, you have to prove that it's the driver who violated the law, not the owner of the car. Camera does not prove this.

:confused: I think this link explains better than I tried to explain you.

Read this title "Speeding Fines/Penalties/Points System"

Driving in Germany

You only get point if you more than 21 km than speed limit sign... collect many points than over 50 km speed... then they can ban your driving liescne and demand you go to driving school... Go to driving school cost bomb.... :Ohno: Alcohol... oohnnnnnoooo worst... :Ohno: If you want to ask me any further question then please post my thread http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debate...le-should-permitted-have-drivers-license.html to aviod :topic: here... :D

No, speed camera flashed me and car vehicle plated number, not just vehicle plated number... Example: They found out thru speed camera that the car, I drove belong to my hubby... so they send the application form with speed ticket to my hubby to fill out... I accept my responsible for ignore speed limit and agree to have them to add the point on my name, not my hubby.

Yes speed camera prove 100% correct because camera never lie. ;) - It´s not police´s problem but my problem for lend my car to my friend... It´s my problem to discuss with my friend until she/he agrees to accept her/his responsible for ignore speed limit and then let police to add the point on her/his name. More problem with insurance if there´re car accidents that´s why I don´t lend my car to anyone but my hubby and myself.

German vehicle law is stricter...

I was speaking of medical condition when I referring to "shock". Shock is a life-threatening condition that occurs when the body is not getting enough blood flow.

Shock (medical)

:ty: for interesting link. :)

When you say it rarely happened, that's what people says about "tasers" and beside did you know there are major arteries that run through your arms and legs that will cause you to bleed out within minutes?

You said "within minutes?"... How many minutes? *curious*

blood loss can save if they rushed him/her to hospitail with albumance car... It does the same with blood poison as well. It was happeend to my neighbor at few years ago. They rushed him to hospitail to save his life. I witnessed what and how they did to my neighbor...

Also, did you know that a single bullet in the arm or leg will not always stop an attacker?

Rarely.

Shot attacker´s legs is the best to prevent from run fast and make police easy to arrest them fast and alarm the ablumance to take him/her to hospitail. They did mostly here in Europe countries including Germany.

I have little sympathy for those that can't follow the laws and if they get hurt or killed in the process then that's their fault because they're the ones who put themselves into that situation.

I have no sympathy if anyone try to hurt victims or disrespect the officers. I only sympathy if anyone did innocent way and tried their best in legal way.

IF I was in a dangerous situation, I would shoot first and think later..(Sadly I don't like guns and refuse to own one either)...

I do something differently to defend my and my family´s life without use gun because I choose to not want to own a gun because I know I am a bad shooter and do not feel like to shoot.

cool! welcome home! lol I'm here too.

:lol: I will answer your post over videos tomorrow...

actually - we would be SHOCKED to hear if cops would actually shoot at people to make them stop running.... that is a civil rights violation and there would be riots! Plus - cops can't do that because it is very dangerous. The stray bullet can hit the innocent or the bullet can ricochet off to innocent people.

wow - interesting...

Police officer shoot an attacker´s leg to prevent him/her from run to make them easy to arrest him/her. They use their good judgment before do something... and make sure no inncoents there...

Shot to kill attackers by police is rare here in Germany for try to shoot police.

don't I wish I can be allowed to carry those in public..... It is banned in NJ & NY and it would be considered as a weapon charge like gun :roll:

Interesting... it look like that NJ & NY is similar as Germany.

Did you not read that I said I haven't even looked at the video yet? I have no idea what is in your video link because I can't view it now. How am I supposed to make a comment about something I can't see? Come on, now, get real. :roll:

I tried to post the video to the public like what Jiro123 did with videos but it doesn´t work... I don´t know how to post like what Jiro123 did but use those link... Perhap Jiro123 can do it? Can you do that, Jiro123?

Yes. No where in that article did it say that the officer aimed for her leg. The bullet hit her in the leg. We don't know where the officer was aiming when he fired.

Use your common logic please.

It says no where in that article that the officer was trained to aim at the leg. If you can find a sentence in that story that says the officer aimed at her leg intentionally, I would like to see it.

Huh? Do you mean that there´re no police shooting school in America? I will be shock if you say there´re no police shooting school in America. I know every police are trained how to shoot correctly. I am total surprised that the officer shoot lady with gun´s leg... It look like that she is train well how to shoot professional instead of shot dozen of times like what video shows about copS shot a man with knife dozen of times to death.

Where in the article did it say that an investigation proved that the cop wrongfully shot the boy? Please show me the sentence.

Please go back and re-read my first post with that link... I did pasted and use brown font to color on the sentence. They said that police officer should shoot a boy´s leg, not end his life.

I tried to post the video to the public like what Jiro123 did with videos but it doesn´t work... I don´t know how to post like what Jiro123 did but use those link... Perhap Jiro123 can do it? Can you do that, Jiro123?
It might be that my computer needs to download something. :dunno: Oh, well.

Use your common logic please.
Logic says don't invent facts in a news story. If it didn't say what the officer did, then we can't make up information that isn't there. That's not just logic; that's honesty.

So that I don't have to keep referring back to the original story:
An Aurora police officer shot a woman in the leg late Wednesday after she allegedly wielded a gun outside a home.

No one else was injured, and the woman was taken to a local hospital, where she was treated and released into police custody.

Aurora police got the call at 9:55 p.m., police spokeswoman Shannon Lacy said. A man said his estranged wife was inside his home in the 2200 block of South Waco Street, had a gun and was threatening to kill herself.

Officers tried to subdue the woman, identified as Melinda Espinoza, 24, but she produced a handgun, Lacy said.

At least one shot was fired by an officer, Lacy said.

Huh? Do you mean that there´re no police shooting school in America?
Huh? I never even mentioned the topic. Of course police get professional training in shooting skills. I said that there was no reference IN THAT ARTICLE about him being trained in aiming specifically for the leg. Nothing in the article referred to what kind of training he had. We can't create information that isn't there.

I will be shock if you say there´re no police shooting school in America. I know every police are trained how to shoot correctly. I am total surprised that the officer shoot lady with gun´s leg... It look like that she is train well how to shoot professional instead of shot dozen of times like what video shows about copS shot a man with knife dozen of times to death.
I never said that there are no American schools for training police how to shoot. I don't know why you're "surprised" that the officer shot the lady in the leg. A bullet can end up in any part of a human body. We don't know where the officer was aiming or how many shots were fired, so without that information we don't know if that was an accurate shot or an inaccurate shot.

We don't even know if the officer is a man or woman.

Please go back and re-read my first post with that link... I did pasted and use brown font to color on the sentence. They said that police officer should shoot a boy´s leg, not end his life.
"They?" The woman who said that was a local granny, not a police shooting expert. That was her personal opinion, not a forensic analysis. Please note the section that I highlighted in red. That is the quote from a police spokesman.

Oakland police shot and killed a boy who aimed a sawed-off rifle at them Wednesday as they were patrolling an East Oakland neighborhood known for gang activity, a police spokesman said.

The boy was shot at about noon on the 7900 block of Rudsdale Street, said Officer Roland Holmgren, a department spokesman. Relatives identified him as Jose Luis Buenrostro and said he was 15 years old and lived in Oakland.

The shooting was the second fatal officer-involved shooting in Oakland since Friday, when police shot and killed a 70-year-old man pointing a replica pistol at them near the Eastmont police substation on 73rd Avenue.

"Any time an officer has to use deadly force it's extremely serious," Holmgren said.

Three officers from the Oakland police gang unit were in a patrol car in the neighborhood not far from the Oracle Arena and McAfee Coliseum when they noticed a young man walking on the sidewalk attempting to conceal a large object in his sweatpants, Holmgren said.

"He looked in their direction and they could see it was a gun," Holmgren said. "He got the gun from his pants and pointed it at the officers, who in turn used their firearms to subdue him, striking him multiple times."

The youth was taken to a local hospital, where he died from his wounds. The police declined to confirm the young man's age or identity Wednesday evening, saying his next of kin still needed to be notified.

Relatives, friends and neighbors of Buenrostro who gathered Wednesday evening at 79th Avenue and Rudsdale Street, gave a starkly different account of the incident and questioned officers' level of force.

They set out candles, roses and spilled beer on the sidewalk as part of a makeshift memorial for the 15-year-old whose blood still stained the sidewalk. Neighborhood children rode by on scooters and mothers pushed babies in strollers.

"He was walking down the street and the cops stopped and 'bam-bam' shot him up without even telling him anything," said Jesse Gonzalez, who said he was Buenrostro's cousin.

"We want to see the gun he supposedly had," said Claudia Zepeda, another cousin, whose voice faltered with emotion. "I want to see his thumbprints on it. Why didn't they talk to him, why did they have to kill him?"

Holmgren said officers appeared to act the way they were supposed to when dealing with an armed assailant.

"There's a common misconception about the use of force, especially with all the crime-related TV shows, that you can shoot an armed suspect in a leg or arm," Holmgren said. "Officers are trained to aim for the center mass, to use force that will immediately stop the threat. If they shot him in the hand, he still could have fled or, for all officers knew, sprayed a residential area with bullets."

Buenrostro was a student at an Oakland charter school focused on aviation and wanted to become a pilot, Gonzalez said. He said he didn't know Buenrostro to have any affiliation with gangs, nor to carry any weapons.

"He was a calm guy," Gonzalez said.

Buenrostro lived in the neighborhood with his parents and several siblings.

The three officers who fired shots were placed on paid administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation, which is standard procedure in officer-involved shootings. The shooting occurred in a working-class predominantly black and Latino neighborhood less than three blocks from Acorn Woodland Elementary School.

"This happened in broad daylight right around the corner from an elementary school," Holmgren said, adding that no one else was injured. "Who knows what would have happened had the officers not been there? They put themselves in these situations not because they want to go out and take somebody's life, but because they are trying to prevent some of the madness on the streets we've been seeing lately."

But nothing takes away the fact that a tragedy occurred, Holmgren said.

"A young person has lost his life," he said. "It's a tragedy for a neighborhood, for a family. It's also a tragedy that a teenager was walking around in the middle of the day with a rifle. I can understand the pain and anger right now."

Dottie Harnell, who has lived for 55 years in the neighborhood where Wednesday's shooting happened and is known by neighborhood children as "Granny," said she was saddened to come home Wednesday to learn one of her charges was dead.

"They could have shot him in the leg," said Harnell, who knew Buenrostro. "A life is gone now for his family and his siblings."

Logic says don't invent facts in a news story. If it didn't say what the officer did, then we can't make up information that isn't there. That's not just logic; that's honesty.

So that I don't have to keep referring back to the original story:

Fact: Police Officer do not deny that she/he shot a lady with gun's leg one time, not dozen of times like copS to man with a knife. Read the comments in that article, I posted.

Huh? I never even mentioned the topic. Of course police get professional training in shooting skills. I said that there was no reference IN THAT ARTICLE about him being trained in aiming specifically for the leg. Nothing in the article referred to what kind of training he had. We can't create information that isn't there.

Huh? Can you please point out where I mentioned about training issues in article if I overlook it? AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Supreme Court to consider D.C. Handgun Ban I only saw what I typed is express my view and offer my suggestion is my own word and then pasted the sentence with "brown font" from that article, not paste training issues from that article but my POV. Please re-read my post carefully instead of jump and misinterpeted my post.

I never said that there are no American schools for training police how to shoot.

Where have I say anything accuse you for say there're no American schools for police training?

I don't know why you're "surprised" that the officer shot the lady in the leg.

Simple answer: There're common to shoot dozen of times to kill in America which officer shoot only once.

A bullet can end up in any part of a human body.

Yes except brain and heart and also dozen of times.

We don't know where the officer was aiming or how many shots were fired, so without that information we don't know if that was an accurate shot or an inaccurate shot.

The article tells a lot because lady's leg was being shot to wound one time.

We don't even know if the officer is a man or woman.

The sex of the officer does matter to you?

"They?" The woman who said that was a local granny, not a police shooting expert. That was her personal opinion, not a forensic analysis. Please note the section that I highlighted in red. That is the quote from a police spokesman.

Oh yes, I forget that you prefer the people with "highly intelligent"'s side than use logic and listen anyone's side... I consider the people as human being without pick on their intelligent. Don't forget that it's them who exprience in real life situation... Yes I agree with them that the police officer did wrongly to teenager... I use my common logic and give them right that the cop should shoot his leg. All what they are my fully support and hope for them to file a lawsuit against the police...

WARNING!!!! VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!! THESE ARE NOT EASY TO WATCH

[yt]MEpUtoUzE4U[/yt] [yt]0dBMHF3QvtA[/yt] [yt]5zQ0_d-BFM4[/yt] [yt]DIoeAJCIekA[/yt]

skip to 0:20
[yt]yz5--_qI_hU[/yt]

I viewed 3 videos yesterday. It's really very sad... I cannot beleive there're volience and disrespectful like that... :( That criminal deserves their punishment!!!!!

I'm glad that police officers are okay and sorry to know that one police officer killed which he doesn't deserve to die. :(

Accord first video, it look like that a police officer is alone? It would be different story if he has a colleague to defend against guy? Nobody defended police officer again guy when the video film still continue?

Yes, I'm sorry to know that police officers were being injured/killed but I would like to remind you that it's not just them but people as well, cops hurt/kill in the past as well. It does the same.

Well, you know that some people lost their respect on law forcement officers for what and how they did to them in the past. It teachs them become violence... Many people have good and bad experience with police officers... that's how teach them to hurt police officers back which is really sad because I wish that some police officers and people treat each other with respect then it would shows their respect in return.

So please.... no these police officers are not "playing Rambo." They are trained to STOP any threat by any means, not to kill. Sometimes stopping a threat may result in death so do not go around saying our officers are trained to "kill." We are not death firing squad or Rambo Squad.

I found one of many links to show you the example what and how some police officer play Rambo.... Why 50 times for?

Fiancée of NYC Groom Shot 50 Times by Cops: 'It's Not Over'
FOXNews.com - Fiancée of NYC Groom Shot 50 Times by Cops: 'It's Not Over' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

That's what I am trying to say.

Now do you understand why Utah Police Officer had to react to neutralize the potential threat? THE DRIVER PUT HIS HAND IN THE POCKET!! RED FLAG RED FLAG!!! It could be a gun!

Police Officer use bad judgment which no good. They should not have paraniod... because of "thought"... No wonder why they claim $40,000 from Police Department. Many people killed by Police Officers because they "thought" they have gun... They should not compare the driver with their past experiences with criminals but use their good judgment.

I guess thing would be different if Police Officer show his respect on driver bit is listen driver's talk and accept what a driver want to show speed limit sign to him... Its about respect and professional/approiate communication.

and now do you understand why your silly self-defense moves won't work? I'm sorry but some karate moves like you see in movie or at your little classes don't really work at all unless you are black belt with 3 degrees with few championship trophies. They will beat you to death.

Huh? Who says that we use karate as self-defense? Don't you read my answer to Cheri's question about my two past experiences?

Those link support my belief as self-defense what and how I was being taught...

Self Defense safety tips

I remember that I posted the story about my German friend at other thread somewhere few years ago.

He went to America for 3 months tour with his 6 friends during 80s time. He paid his surprised visit to his cousin in Texas with few of his 6 mates. They were almost shoot twice as they were about went his cousin's property by her cousin's husband. Her cousin spot him & stopped her husband from tempt to shoot for 3rd time. My friend was very shock and took it very badly. His cousin comforted him and told him to inform her in his next visit instead of "unexpect visit" because Texans don't like to have strangers around. They are very parnoid about "strangers" around their properties. He told me that he & his friends noticed the guns are everywhere to the public... It got them :cold: when they thought about "shoplifter"... would they shoot them?

:cold: After that happened for a first time, he ever never touch Texas again since his last visit to Texas in 80s.

I remembered from read the newspaper in 70s time that US police officer tried to stop shoplifter but he don't bother to run after him but shout "Stop"... but the shoplifter "ignored" and continue ran... so Police Officer shot to kill him... After that, they found out that a shoplifter is deaf. Police Officer took it badly because he didn't know that he can't hear.

1. Would I being shot if I go to their property unexpectly with no weapons ?

2. Would I being shot if I go wrong property?

3. Would I being shot if I pay unexpect visit to surprise my friends?

4. Do you think it's meanfuling to carry handgun to public? If yes, why?

5. Do you think it's meanfuling to leave your gun lock in the house to be safe before you go out? If not why?

6. Would I get a threat by stores with gun if they "thought" I'm a shoplifter?

7. Would I being shot by stores because I'm shoplifter?

I viewed 3 videos yesterday. It's really very sad... I cannot beleive there're volience and disrespectful like that... :( That criminal deserves their punishment!!!!!
exactly the reason why I told you few rules to follow. If there's a red flag, there's a reason why police acts like a paranoid hard-ass. That's why officers do not want to argue with the driver. Many things can happen. Just accept the ticket and go home. You can contest your ticket at court.

Accord first video, it look like that a police officer is alone? It would be different story if he has a colleague to defend against guy? Nobody defended police officer again guy when the video film still continue?
All police officers in USA work alone because it's the matter of budget and practicality. It would still happen if there was 2nd officer. He'd shoot both of them anyway. And this is why police officers are equipped with several weapons - pepper spray, gun, taser, etc - they are prepared for many type of scenarios. Because of his training, he survived by not letting him take his gun to execute him.

Well, you know that some people lost their respect on law forcement officers for what and how they did to them in the past. It teachs them become violence... Many people have good and bad experience with police officers... that's how teach them to hurt police officers back which is really sad because I wish that some police officers and people treat each other with respect then it would shows their respect in return.
Well - it's not that people learned to be violent to cops. It's the criminals/drivers who do not want to get arrested because they have illegal substance in their cars or have suspended licenses or have an arrest warrant or several other reasons.

I found one of many links to show you the example what and how some police officer play Rambo.... Why 50 times for?

Fiancée of NYC Groom Shot 50 Times by Cops: 'It's Not Over'
FOXNews.com - Fiancée of NYC Groom Shot 50 Times by Cops: 'It's Not Over' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

That's what I am trying to say.
You're talking about a couple of bad apples out of what? 10000 incidents? It is indeed terrible but how often do we hear about this??? pretty rare!

Police Officer use bad judgment which no good. They should not have paraniod... because of "thought"... No wonder why they claim $40,000 from Police Department. Many people killed by Police Officers because they "thought" they have gun... They should not compare the driver with their past experiences with criminals but use their good judgment.

I guess thing would be different if Police Officer show his respect on driver bit is listen driver's talk and accept what a driver want to show speed limit sign to him... Its about respect and professional/approiate communication.
The "thought" is what keeps them alive. As long as driver follows instruction and behave.... everything's done in few min. no problem. everybody goes home safely.

Huh? Who says that we use karate as self-defense? Don't you read my answer to Cheri's question about my two past experiences?

Those link support my belief as self-defense what and how I was being taught...

Self Defense safety tips
well.... self-defense is a form of karate. you punch and kick, right? :cool2: POW! right in the kisser!

batman_dark_tomorrow_pow.jpg

I remember that I posted the story about my German friend at other thread somewhere few years ago.

He went to America for 3 months tour with his 6 friends during 80s time. He paid his surprised visit to his cousin in Texas with few of his 6 mates. They were almost shoot twice as they were about went his cousin's property by her cousin's husband. Her cousin spot him & stopped her husband from tempt to shoot for 3rd time. My friend was very shock and took it very badly. His cousin comforted him and told him to inform her in his next visit instead of "unexpect visit" because Texans don't like to have strangers around. They are very parnoid about "strangers" around their properties. He told me that he & his friends noticed the guns are everywhere to the public... It got them :cold: when they thought about "shoplifter"... would they shoot them?

:cold: After that happened for a first time, he ever never touch Texas again since his last visit to Texas in 80s.
[/color]
I don't mean to sound callous but well - these friends were not aware of "cultural difference" in Texas so it's SOMEWHAT their fault. Yes it's a tragedy but... what can I say? Maybe in Europe - everybody even tourists and strangers were greeted with open, hearty hugs and in Texas - they greet strangers and illegals with a gun. I am quite paranoid with the strangers coming to my house too.

I remembered from read the newspaper in 70s time that US police officer tried to stop shoplifter but he don't bother to run after him but shout "Stop"... but the shoplifter "ignored" and continue ran... so Police Officer shot to kill him... After that, they found out that a shoplifter is deaf. Police Officer took it badly because he didn't know that he can't hear.[/COLOR]
NOW you know why cops in USA do not shoot at arm/leg to make them stop running??? They ONLY shoot when fired upon or when faced with imminent threat that will kill them.

If there was a warning sign - yes you could be shot on sight. You can even be mauled by their security dogs too. The military/government does same if you trespass its federal property.

Yes. see my answer to #1

see #1. Obviously - a friend would not shoot them but I guess his family member was not aware of any visit. Think about it - a bunch of strangers coming into their property without any announcement. They probably got scared shitless and thought it's bunch of thugs. Most owners in Texas live in a huge property and it is quite suspicious to see a car full of strangers coming to your property via long driveway without any announcement (calling them in advance - it's a common courtesy in USA). There's not enough information about this tragedy. Maybe the property has several warnings such as "No Trespassing" or "Armed Neighbor"

Yes - personal self defense but that's just me. This doesn't mean I want every single person carrying one.

5. Do you think it's meanfuling to leave your gun lock in the house to be safe before you go out? If not why?
it's the law in some states to have your gun locked in the household. If you have more than say... 5 guns in your household - it's the law to buy gun locker for it.

possible but very very very unlikely. They'll take gun out if they see gun.

see #6.

I think you're confusing yourself w/ a couple of bad news. Nobody takes gun out like a Rambo. They only do it if they see gun or if they're faced with imminent threat that will kill them.

Ask them, not us.

How can we know? We don't know whose property you're going to.

Who knows? I don't know who your friends are.

What do you mean, "meanfuling"? I don't want to make any assumptions.

There are many factors that influence a decision whether or not to carry a handgun in public. It all depends.

I don't know about "meanfuling" but it's a good practice to lock up the guns before leaving the house.

Most stores have "loss prevention" staff who do NOT carry guns. All they can do is request the suspect to wait for police to show up. In a mall, there might be an armed police officer on duty. Most stores don't have them.

Stores are inanimate objects; they can't shoot anyone. If you mean the staff of stores, then the answer is probably no because most store staff are unarmed (unless you try to rob a gun or pawn shop). But even gun shop owners are going to shoot a simple shoplifter (but they might put the fear of God in you before the police arrive
:lol:).

Fact: Police Officer do not deny that she/he shot a lady with gun's leg one time, not dozen of times like copS to man with a knife. Read the comments in that article, I posted.
Fact: the article does not say how many times the officer fired the gun. "At least one shot was fired by an officer, Lacy said."

Huh? Can you please point out where I mentioned about training issues in article if I overlook it?
Then why did you say this, "I would suggest police officers from different states should go to Aurora to train them how to shoot to stopl, not kill"? How can you "suggest" they go to Aurora for training when you don't even know what kind of training that police officer had? There was nothing in the article about the police officer's training background.

Where have I say anything accuse you for say there're no American schools for police training?
"I will be shock if you say there´re no police shooting school in America."
I never said that there were no police shooting schools, so you don't need to be "shocked."

Simple answer: There're common to shoot dozen of times to kill in America which officer shoot only once.
Please show me the statistics for that statement.

The article tells a lot because lady's leg was being shot to wound one time.
That only tells us how many times she was hit. It does not say how many times the officer fired, or where the officer was aiming.

It doesn't even make sense that the officer would aim for a leg when the woman was holding the gun in her hand. She could still fire the gun with her hands.

I don't think we have the full story.

The sex of the officer does matter to you?
No, but accurate reading matters.

Oh yes, I forget that you prefer the people with "highly intelligent"'s side than use logic and listen anyone's side...
What a bizarre statement--I never said that.

I consider the people as human being without pick on their intelligent. Don't forget that it's them who exprience in real life situation... Yes I agree with them that the police officer did wrongly to teenager... I use my common logic and give them right that the cop should shoot his leg. All what they are my fully support and hope for them to file a lawsuit against the police...
That is such an arrogant, uninformed, prejudicial statement, that I can hardly believe you said it. You have the nerve to judge that police officer before you even have all the facts. How can you have "common logic" without even knowing the facts?

I am soooooo glad that you won't be serving on any juries. Whew!

Most judge are taking police's side over people who fought over speeding ticket or other type of ticket, even some police can be lie and win at court, I had noticed about few time.

Most judge are taking police's side over people who fought over speeding ticket or other type of ticket, even some police can be lie and win at court, I had noticed about few time.

Unfortunlately yes, all police are human being, not prefect but lucky thing is a driver demand the proof is police video...

Jiro123, I appreciate for your time to answer each of my question. :ty: I will response some of your posts later.

Reba, why you quoted to answer my question when you don´t know? Please use good common on my misspelling over "meaningful"... It look like you provoke my misspelling? Anyway, :ty: for answer few of my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back