Sunburn?

I never had sunburn before and I am scared of mosquitoes, because of West Nile virus.

bill pasdertz said:
hi my name bill i'm deaf nice meet you smile if you mind chat with me?

Hi Bill, have you ever had a bad sunburn before?... :dunno:

deafclimber said:
they are not white or fair skins. we have dark skins that get less sunburns.

when i lived by the beaches in fl, i had very very dark tan skins. i was beach bum like gone to beaches once or twice a week.

i rarely put the screens on me. especially when i lead climbing on 300 to 1200 ft wall, i wud put the screens on my neck.
thanks for explain.. sowwy i was not check that thread oops...

Cheri said:
*Ahem* Bill? Use the private message box not here, this topic is about sunburn not about dating service. :shock:
yea i know.. i noticed.. geez! i agree with u.. better use PM! :ugh:

I got it at once per years but not very often.

I usually get sunburns during the summer if I'm swimming or just outside under the sun, but this summer i went on a vacation with my hubbya nd kids to the shore for a week, and went swimming in my friend's pool..we didnt get sunburnt at all, I guess the sunblock we use helps block the sun but we still got a nice tan..without getting any sunburn :P

We got sunburn last May when we visit outdoor swimming for first time. We take care of our burn with magerquark.

Our skin get familiar since we stay outdoor alot.

We stay outdoor all the day for the weekends. We got golden tan...

P7170415.jpg

this was taken a week after the day i got burned, now its all cracky and stuff.. sighs stupid sun..

I went canoeing with a friend for 7 hours and well long story but we got rescued twice and when we got home i discover the burn.. a day later i realize that i forgot to put sun screen on that area, did put on all my shoulder, face, legs, etc etc, but not that area cuz that area was cover by shirt then i took off shirt.. stupid me eh...

OUCH!!! That looks like what I have too....It's no fun having sunburn at all, I can't even sleep good at night when I do :(

btw, it looks exactly like a sun, are you sure you didn't lay right on the sun? LOL I'm just teasing ya sweetie :hug:

Last edited:
Ouch! darkangel8603! You poor girl, Let me throw some cold ice water on your back.

You said you went canoeing?! Wow that sounds like a blast. I wanna go on it some days. :thumb:

Was in Omaha, NE for the weekend...got sunburned...I did keep putting lotion on me... it was SPF45...but i kept sweating it off and having to reapply it over and over...still got sunburned.

*sob*

I grew up had sunburns and easily get tan. BTW, my late best friend had a bad scar on her upper arms due to peeling too much caused it red and raw. Ouch! :(

DreamDeaf said:
Was in Omaha, NE for the weekend...got sunburned...I did keep putting lotion on me... it was SPF45...but i kept sweating it off and having to reapply it over and over...still got sunburned.

*sob*

what brand was it and was it waterproof? The one I use is coopertone waterbabies..it worked for me and my kids, spf 50..waterproof too, i didnt even get sunburn at all all day after using it. I put enough on myself and boys to block the sun pretty good, not just a little bit of it.

advers, Here's minimum topic-off

I like to have share with you guys..

You think that blacks can't get sunburns? No, that is untrue... I do sometime got sunburn on my face, not body, that is all.. Even though, almost all blcks hardly get sunburns over body from feet to shoulder, did you know that? Is not that very interesting? therefore, if you don't believe me, then ask your friend who is black about this.. your friend who have an answer! :)

Hey keep out of getting sunburns.. or get specially sunburn lotion protect or something... smile!

Let's dive into the ice cubes pool... release burn.. *chuckles* of course ain't fun burning skin.. *ugh*

ckfarbes said:
advers, Here's minimum topic-off

I like to have share with you guys..

You think that blacks can't get sunburns? No, that is untrue... I do sometime got sunburn on my face, not body, that is all.. Even though, almost all blcks hardly get sunburns over body from feet to shoulder, did you know that? Is not that very interesting? therefore, if you don't believe me, then ask your friend who is black about this.. your friend who have an answer! :)

Hey keep out of getting sunburns.. or get specially sunburn lotion protect or something... smile!

wow, very interesting... I alway thought that it's no problem for dark skin to get tan... :jaw:

Ouch! That looks so bad! When I am hiking, I try to wear light clothes which cover everything. It might feel hot, but people do not realise that if someone is climbing in a mountain, that the elevation is much higher and the air is thinner. Then one is much closer to the sun than to the sea level.

Last year, I hiked Mt. Timpanogos which is about 11,749 feet, but all I had was a sweatshirt so I kept it on anyway. My face was very red from the sun!

Also last year on my birthday, I went hiking up Gobbler's Knob, which is about 11,450 feet. I was so hot, so I took my shirt off and wore only a tank top. I didn't apply any lotion anywhere... big mistake!!!

I got several burns on my arms... I did not chance to use the lotion when I played the field. It did not bother me yet. :)

OUCHIES!!! loook bad sunburn on ur back!!! yikes... i hope it will better soon!!! it must be hurt!

I usually get sunburn if my skins are not dark. Sometime if I am already dark, I don't get sunburn. Honestly, sometime I do like sunburn so it can become tan, but most of times I don't like sunburn because it HURTS to move...can't sleep...can't bath ahhhh...

Back