Stupid Parents....

darkangel8603

Reaction score
Yesterday, my dad and I were going to my grampa's, but we stopped at the grocery store for the usual friday grocery shopping for my grampa.. I had to stay in the car because of my dog who came with us.

Well when i was in the car, waiting for my dad to come back, I was smoking outside (forbidden to smoke in the car) a car pull in beside my car, and parked. There was a couple who came out of the car with two kids, the two kids were like 2 or 3 years old, and was little, but they came out of the car pretty quickly without the parents help. So after they went inside, i peeked inside and discovered that there was no car seats for those two kids. I knew they were little and needed car seat. It annoyed me to know that the parents were not very caring for the two children.

They came out and went in the car, as my dad came out of the store as well and i got out to help my dad put the groceries in the trunk, i was watching the parent and the children, i also discovered that the children was not even wearing seatbelts!!! they are little, only 2-3 years old!!!

If that car gets into an accident, those two kids will be killed immediatly. I felt bad for those two kids because they are not being safe in the backseat.
IT pisses me off that those parent does not even bother to care if those kids are in the carseat or not, or even in seatbelts.!!!

I guess i am done ranting here..

:wtf: Poor those kids!!! It is the law that from infant to ?? must stay in the car seat (some states are different with the car seat law). If I was you, I'll call cop on them. I don't care! I cherish kids!!

darkangel8603 said:
Yesterday, my dad and I were going to my grampa's, but we stopped at the grocery store for the usual friday grocery shopping for my grampa.. I had to stay in the car because of my dog who came with us.

Well when i was in the car, waiting for my dad to come back, I was smoking outside (forbidden to smoke in the car) a car pull in beside my car, and parked. There was a couple who came out of the car with two kids, the two kids were like 2 or 3 years old, and was little, but they came out of the car pretty quickly without the parents help. So after they went inside, i peeked inside and discovered that there was no car seats for those two kids. I knew they were little and needed car seat. It annoyed me to know that the parents were not very caring for the two children.

They came out and went in the car, as my dad came out of the store as well and i got out to help my dad put the groceries in the trunk, i was watching the parent and the children, i also discovered that the children was not even wearing seatbelts!!! they are little, only 2-3 years old!!!

If that car gets into an accident, those two kids will be killed immediatly. I felt bad for those two kids because they are not being safe in the backseat.
IT pisses me off that those parent does not even bother to care if those kids are in the carseat or not, or even in seatbelts.!!!

You should have call the cop. Cuz I have done that few times. And the cops went after them. One time the mother was inside the beauty parlor shop and left her baby in the car during the summer time. I called the cop and then the next time I saw the same car and found no baby there. It felt good that I did do something about it.

Kinda reminds me of the time I was 3 years old, and I started crawling out of my seat, a cop saw it, and pulled us over.

:-o omfg that's terrible! Poor toddlers! :Ohno: Now I hate the feeling of wondering all the time how they're going to survive without a booster seat and seat belt! If I were you I would call the cop on them in split second. The law must have a booster seat in the car for children until age 7, I think.

i am ex social worker aide.. please call on police or cops or telling cashier to call children service where you saw that little kids without seatbelt or by themselves in the car with no adults or older kids.. so please call cops .. dont be scared! too bad for parents.. that's their fault for leave kids out like that in car or other places.. .....like i always call on social service/ cops/ polices on kids .. when i saw a little boy outside by hisself while i was upstairs apt, saw thru the window while i was on computer i got scared so i admitted to call cop .. cop came over and grabbed that little boy and put him in cop car ... so cop asked that girl do you know that boy who related to , she told cops ... pointed upstairs on 3rd floor which #F , so cops knocked on the door.. no reply .. so cops opened the door and found 2 parents were drunk and doped up on couch!!! ... grrrr! i feel bad for boy bein at foster care.. unless he is more safe u know! i know i hate to see kids apart from their parents but RESPONSIBILITIES!!!! hello parents to them.. why they wanna to be mom/dad for .. they havent think twice!!!

ALSO , when i went to grocery store.. i saw a black lady slapped about 2 yrs old son 's mouth while he was in buggy , i was like eh.. i saw his nose bleeding, i told her STOP THAT, THAT KINDA OF ABUSIVE!! .. she nagged at me.. i said ohh you want me to call my social service since i was SS aide.. she gasped.. but i told my friend to go cashier to call social service.. and they zoomed over that store and talked to that black lady! ... geez!!! poor that little boy!!!

TOF

Pomeranian said:
You should have call the cop. Cuz I have done that few times..

Me too actually I've done it once, I went to Tops Supermarket, I pulled in the parking lot and parked my car next to a car who has a little baby in a car seat trapped inside with windows closed and it was too hot outside. I was thinking to myself where the heck is the mother nor father? So I rushed in the store and told the front counter to phone the police, two police cars and ambulance arrived, while I kept an eye on the baby in the car, which she was sleeping at that time, While they were working on getting the door open the baby woke up crying, screaming. And they finally got the door open and took the baby out, She was wet due from sweating, The police told me that If I didn't report this car where the baby is in alone, She would have die from overheat. That's when my heart sank. The mother came out, She was pretty upset, and was yelling at the police, The police arrested her, The baby had gone in the ambulance by the time the mother came out of the store.

So, If you see children, babies being in the car alone without an adult or without wearing seat-belts nor having a car seat, Always report it. You'll be the one saving this child's life. ;)

My State Law are requirement for toddlers/children to be in car seats until the age of 4 and weight 70 pounds.

That's terrible, I would have called the cops too, because it is worth saving a child's life and those toddlers are too young to be out of a car seat and not wearing no seat belt at all.. :Ohno: ...

I don't blame you for feeling this way DarkAngel, I am one of these parents who wouldn't stand a minute for allowing this to happen...I would have put an end to it...

Please do not blame yourself for not doing anything, but if you do see something like this happen to any children or pets, please do call the police next time, you will feel alot better knowing you did something about it! :hug:

I was going to call the cop, I wanted to, but my dad said its nto worth it, cuz in ontario, or perhap where i live in brantford, the cops are not going to do anything, they are not going to come rushing over and do something about that. They wont do anything unless they catch that car speeding or doing something wrong, then the cops can pull over that car and see the kids with no seatbelts then they will be in huge trouble.. But til then they wont do anything. that pisses me off even more, knowing the cops wont do anything to protect those two kids.

My mom said later that evening, i should've called the cops, i explained to my mom what my dad said, she said she dont care, she would still call the cops.. So i said ok i will call, she said its too late, u have to call right away. I was like grrr...

Once i saw, with my mom, that a car was delivering newspaper, and have two boys, 8-10 yrs old, riding on the trunk!! the TRUNK!! my mom said to memorize the liscense number, then she try to call cop, they do nothing, they said they have to see it themselves to arrest them but since the the cops didnt see nething, they cant do anything aobut it.. GRR.. Stupid cops in my town!!!

darkangel8603 said:

OMFG!!! the parents could have been arrested... there is a law that kids must be in their child seats until they are at a certain age and WEIGHT TOO (i didn't know that... my best friend told me this!) ... too bad you didn't call the cops! i wish they were arrested so they didn't get away with this cuz i see so many ppl get away with this! sheesh! :fu2:

TongueOnFire said:
i am ex social worker aide.. please call on police or cops or telling cashier to call children service where you saw that little kids without seatbelt or by themselves in the car with no adults or older kids.. so please call cops .. dont be scared! too bad for parents.. that's their fault for leave kids out like that in car or other places.. .....like i always call on social service/ cops/ polices on kids .. when i saw a little boy outside by hisself while i was upstairs apt, saw thru the window while i was on computer i got scared so i admitted to call cop .. cop came over and grabbed that little boy and put him in cop car ... so cop asked that girl do you know that boy who related to , she told cops ... pointed upstairs on 3rd floor which #F , so cops knocked on the door.. no reply .. so cops opened the door and found 2 parents were drunk and doped up on couch!!! ... grrrr! i feel bad for boy bein at foster care.. unless he is more safe u know! i know i hate to see kids apart from their parents but RESPONSIBILITIES!!!! hello parents to them.. why they wanna to be mom/dad for .. they havent think twice!!!

ALSO , when i went to grocery store.. i saw a black lady slapped about 2 yrs old son 's mouth while he was in buggy , i was like eh.. i saw his nose bleeding, i told her STOP THAT, THAT KINDA OF ABUSIVE!! .. she nagged at me.. i said ohh you want me to call my social service since i was SS aide.. she gasped.. but i told my friend to go cashier to call social service.. and they zoomed over that store and talked to that black lady! ... geez!!! poor that little boy!!!

TOF

oh that breaks my heart!!! :fu2:

yesterday i was at a family picnic hosted by fsw... there was a little boy.. i didn't get the whole story.. but a woman was so upset cuz she saw another woman with a baby PUNCH A LITTLE BOY WHO IS SUPPOSEDLY A "LITTLE SLOW" CUZ HE KINDA OF HIT HER BABY... he had a big bruise on his back .. poor that boy was screaming with sooo much pain.. that woman could have BROKEN IS SPINE OR SOMETHING!!! he didn't mean to hit her baby.. he was just being a little boy.. but he from what i understand is i think .. has downs or something.. and wasn't BEING SUPERVISED!!! so my point is.. THAT WOMAN HAD NO RIGHT TO HIT THAT BOY!!! so that woman who witnessed it reported it!!! so we don't know what happened afterwards.. i hope the little boy will be ok... he was hurt from the PUNCH he got from the woman! sheesh!!! :tears:

TongueOnFire said:

TOF

oh that breaks my heart!!! :fu2:

yesterday i was at a family picnic hosted by fsw... there was a little boy.. i didn't get the whole story.. but a woman was so upset cuz she saw another woman with a baby PUNCH A LITTLE BOY WHO IS SUPPOSEDLY A "LITTLE SLOW" CUZ HE KINDA OF HIT HER BABY... he had a big bruise on his back .. poor that boy was screaming with sooo much pain.. that woman could have BROKEN IS SPINE OR SOMETHING!!! he didn't mean to hit her baby.. he was just being a little boy.. but he from what i understand is i think .. has downs or something.. and wasn't BEING SUPERVISED!!! so my point is.. THAT WOMAN HAD NO RIGHT TO HIT THAT BOY!!! so that woman who witnessed it reported it!!! so we don't know what happened afterwards.. i hope the little boy will be ok... he was hurt from the PUNCH he got from the woman! sheesh!!! :tears:

but you were smoking... cigarette is bad for you, ruin your health....
can kill you....
and you're worry about kids not have seat belt on or car seat? :-o

Cheri said:
Me too actually I've done it once, I went to Tops Supermarket, I pulled in the parking lot and parked my car next to a car who has a little baby in a car seat trapped inside with windows closed and it was too hot outside. I was thinking to myself where the heck is the mother nor father? So I rushed in the store and told the front counter to phone the police, two police cars and ambulance arrived, while I kept an eye on the baby in the car, which she was sleeping at that time, While they were working on getting the door open the baby woke up crying, screaming. And they finally got the door open and took the baby out, She was wet due from sweating, The police told me that If I didn't report this car where the baby is in alone, She would have die from overheat. That's when my heart sank. The mother came out, She was pretty upset, and was yelling at the police, The police arrested her, The baby had gone in the ambulance by the time the mother came out of the store.

So, If you see children, babies being in the car alone without an adult or without wearing seat-belts nor having a car seat, Always report it. You'll be the one saving this child's life. ;)

My State Law are requirement for toddlers/children to be in car seats until the age of 4 and weight 70 pounds.

i am sooo glad u did something about this!!! :hug:

people are :crazy:!!! i mean i am like why bother having kids if they can't take responsibilities or handle them?? ya know???
:roll:

so 70lbs is the max??? i couldn't remember what my best friend told me as she died...

Miss*Pinocchio said:
but you were smoking... cigarette is bad for you, ruin your health....
can kill you....
and you're worry about kids not have seat belt on or car seat? :-o

huh??? what the heck are u talking about!?!? :confused: what the heck does smoking have to do with this!??? sheesh! pls stop going :topic: here... sheesh!!!

it could have been an emergency...
or they could be going to the store to buy car seat...
or they may not be the parents of those kids...
and plus,, I don't know if all states required kids to have car seat
and seat belt
or using somebody else car that has no car seat....

Whatever the reason.....

sometimes children take off their seat belt without the parents
know about it.

don't worry about those people, need to worry about yourself, and stop smoking.

FeistyChick said:
OMFG!!! the parents could have been arrested... there is a law that kids must be in their child seats until they are at a certain age and WEIGHT TOO (i didn't know that... my best friend told me this!) ... too bad you didn't call the cops! i wish they were arrested so they didn't get away with this cuz i see so many ppl get away with this! sheesh! :fu2:

This is true, Feisty. Kids have to be a certain weight before they "graduate" to seat belts. I know this, because, my nephew is big for his age. He just turned five. But, when he was younger, we had to "graduate" him to a booster seat when he was very young. Then, at at the age of three, we started putting him in a seatbelt, because he outgrew his booster seat. His sister is almost four, and she now sits in the booster. He is belted in, in the backseat next to her.

Regardless, it is a law that a child must be safely secured in the vehicle at all times while it is moving. If the person is stopped by the police, he or she can be ticketed for not having their child fastened in a safety seat or belted in.

FeistyChick said:
so 70lbs is the max??? i couldn't remember what my best friend told me as she died...

I just double checked my Ohio Law for vehicles, My mistake about 70 pounds. Opps! It says under 4 yrs. old less than 40 pounds should be in car seats. And booster seats for 4 yrs old, above and less than 40 pounds) Above 40 pounds allow to wear seat-belts If they were caught without wearing seatbelts first offense 100.00 second offense 250.00 or 30 days in jail. I am not sure what other state laws have for child restraints. ;)

Miss*Pinocchio said:
it could have been an emergency...
or they could be going to the store to buy car seat...
or they may not be the parents of those kids...
and plus,, I don't know if all states required kids to have car seat
and seat belt
or using somebody else car that has no car seat....

Whatever the reason.....

sometimes children take off their seat belt without the parents
know about it.

don't worry about those people, need to worry about yourself, and stop smoking.

I kindly disagree with you there, Toddlers/small children are very important to worry about than worrying about yourself. It's the law, and if you don't follow the law about car seats, booster seats and seat-belts laws, You'll be in huge trouble. There is no excuse why the children are not wearing their seat belts or in their car seats. But, where I was living in Strongsville in Ohio The police department have provide car seats for free to those who are low-income familles. Check your police department near your hometown about child restraints laws, Believe me you would be shock to recovered that they take them very seriously.

You are not only ones... I always get real tick off to see parents not put their kids in safety first.. like seat belt or car seats.. even just a short trip.. the short trip still lead to fatal...

Since I have first child, I keep seeing other children arent in car seats or toddler (booster seat) or seat belts.. even in cold weather.. put cover over infant - 1 year old.. or dress them warm.. I get real upset to see parents or parent carry child that mother or dad wearing coat.. but child isnt.. or even socks/shoes.. I was like.. ughhh..

Later in couple years. i get real more upset to see more parents are not putting their children in seat belt or car seats.. but most car seats cuz you dont know how old the children (limit age) to have car seat or toddler seat..
I just copy down the license plate/state.. and leave anymonus call state that you saw small children arent in seat belts or car seats.. or ask cashier/mgmt from the dept stores that you saw unsafe...

*sigh* even if parents say.. oh they wont remain seat in car seat or seatbelt.. thats GOOD excuse.. they need to displince them..
when my son was 3.. he was real terrible three.. he could give me hard time at anything and thinks he get his own way.. so that day.. he refused to sit in toddler seat or he could get away.. I fed up and saw police car.. I honked and pulled over.. told police to help me to tell my son that its LAW.. police willing and happy to do .. he scolded him.. after that my son learned lesson and stay in car seat or wearing seat belt..

when they get older.. (recently) they start to tired of.. listening me say.. wear seat belt please.. they go uhh mom? just short trip.. i said no, still get ticket if you dont wear.. they said.. no way.. I said yes way... then in couple days.. its time for me to get my tab/tag renewal, I tended to take all kids to police dept/license breau place.. and look for updated law about cars/kids.. i found updated law and showed them to read.. they say nothing.. :)giggle:)

we the parents has to work with children, not to give up.. if give up.. they will keep doing at it.. :D

Simple:... if child stubborn... (if you have someone stay home like dad or grandma or etc).. not wear seat belt or stay in carseat.. warn them.. wear it or stay home.. still stubborn (they tend to test your buttons).. just take child and bring over to adult at home to stay home..
if no one home to take care of.. take child out and scold in level eye.. (child look up wont work)... say.. if you want keep that way.. I am going get ticket or you will hurt bad in car accident... if child still stubborn.. warn them that you will take away privatledge (time out) .. just work with child..

if during driving , child gets out the seat.. pull over.. sit there .. wait.. or turn around go back home to cancel the plans..
that what i do.. :)

have alot of patience with kids... but seeing other parents and kids arent doing right thing.. its sad.. and pray for those childrent to be in better life..

Back