Stressed out!!! >.<

Right now this semester I'm taking 3 classes. 2 classes are based on English which is Writing and Reading, and I have good grades on those class, I didn't get an email from them about me having to drop the class.

My math class is the only class i have to drop out due to me having a hard time with.

The one thing I have to learn is that I need to stop waiting at the last possible minute to get help when I know i have a bad grade. And I always try to pull myself out of the hole first before I even do anything to get help. And then When I know i can't pull myself out, I freak out and I have to hurry and get a C.

My major is Graphic Design and I don't know if i need a lot of math classes for that major. I've been trying to go on my school's website to see how many math classes i need to take for my major but I couldn't find it.

My parents are paying for my tuition. They're paying about a thousand dollars. They didn't want me to go to a fancy university school because they wanted to save money and also to keep me out of debt as well. And if i fail a class I could retake the class again and it would be cheaper, yeah they would have to pay for the class again but its also a good thing i'm going to Sinclair Community College because they have the lowest tuition with good classes to go to.
you should just look at your college handbook. it will show what courses you are required to take and what electives to take.

this one? http://www.sinclair.edu/components/...-709E-845543E316FE&dsn=cmt_approved_semesters

parents getting all hot and angry over 1 course? wow.... chiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!! it's not like you failed college.

disappointing, yes but this is nothing to get all mad about. college is a great place to learn about your weakness and to focus on it because college has much better resource than high school to deal with it.

I just feel absolutely scared right now, because of the way my parents are reacting. When i was driving to the school after not being able to figure out how to register for the same class i had to drop from this term for the next term on the computer, I was shaking really really bad and I felt like a huge disappointment. My dad is ready to get to the point where I'm going to be kicked out. because of me wanting to go to gallaudet, missing the boyfriend and not being able to meet a lot of people. I almost passed out today in front of my counselor beacuse of how I'm feeling.

When this math course comes around again in the winter term, ask your parents for help from the very beginning, whether you think you need it or not. If you are completely open and honest with them both about wanting to succeed and accepting the help offered, then I would hope they will see where you are having trouble and not be upset if you then struggle on the tests for the portion. Then you won't be afraid about asking for more help, etc etc.

They're not against you, and as the old cliche goes, they're not angry just... disappointed. They trust you to do well and unless you say something is wrong, have no reason to believe otherwise.

you should just look at your college handbook. it will show what courses you are required to take and what electives to take.

this one? Sinclair Community College

Yep that's the one! But my parents kept saying that as a freshman and sophomore, I have to take general education classes, like Math class, English class, History class, etc. basically like the classes you take in high school. After that I can start my major.

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach right now. i feel like a complete disappointment as a student, and as a daughter. I know i'm being dramatic about it right now but I'm not trying to be but this is how I feel right now.

I urge you to get tested; it would greatly improve your academic experience to have the help you need, but I suppose everyone needs to find their own way. I wish you the best coolgirl. Stay strong and never quit. You can do this... :)

Laura

I urge you to get tested; it would greatly improve your academic experience to have the help you need, but I suppose everyone needs to find their own way. I wish you the best coolgirl. Stay strong and never quit. You can do this... :)

Laura

Thanks :) I'm just absolutely scared out of my mind. I really wanted to do well. And i just can't get over the fact I failed it. I didn't want to disappoint my parents and I felt like I could really do it this year. But My mom is furious and she's probably going to keep it as a secret from my dad to avoid me getting kicked out of the house.

Do you still have syllabus for course? It may go like:

Your grade is:

20% quiz
25% group discussion
15% research
40% final exam

If you share that with your friend and/or tutor, they'll be able to see what you did wrong. Fail too many quizzes? Group discussion uncomfortable? Go from there and do better next time.

Do you still have syllabus for course? It may go like:

Your grade is:

20% quiz
25% group discussion
15% research
40% final exam

If you share that with your friend and/or tutor, they'll be able to see what you did wrong. Fail too many quizzes? Group discussion uncomfortable? Go from there and do better next time.

yeah i have the syllabus for my math course. I think the quizzes are about 20 points, and tests are about 25 points. Homework is about 10 points from text book and 20 points from the homework assignment being given. I get 10 points from the textbook assignments, and I get about maybe 13 points from the homework assignment being given.

yeah i have the syllabus for my math course. I think the quizzes are about 20 points, and tests are about 25 points. Homework is about 10 points from text book and 20 points from the homework assignment being given. I get 10 points from the textbook assignments, and I get about maybe 13 points from the homework assignment being given.

Find out what you failed from. Maybe different teacher who gives less quizzes may be better.

Find out what you failed from. Maybe different teacher who gives less quizzes may be better.

Well, when i talked to my counselor, we decided we wanted my schedule to stay the same, and so i'm taking the same class again, with the same teacher. :/

Seems coolgirl is also very stressed out...also...because (correct me if I'm wrong), since her mother told her she would have to tell her Father herself...and once he finds out, she will be grounded...and not able to go see her boyfriend for the weekend...??.....

All parents want their child to do well in school, and get upset whenever they made a bad grade (I know that I did)....

Once, one of my sons made a bad grade on his report card, and he had "big" plans for that weekend..so he told me that the report cards had not come in...and would not be in until the following week...:giggle:...so of course he was allowed to go out that weekend...but, oh my!..when I found it all out, he was grounded double-time!...

Also seems that coolgirl knows what and why and the solution to remedy that problem NOW....so hopefully there won't be a "next time"...anyhow, wishing you the best for enrolling at Gallaudet....and hoping ur parents don't come down toooo hard on you!...

Seems coolgirl is also very stressed out...also...because (correct me if I'm wrong), since her mother told her she would have to tell her Father herself...and once he finds out, she will be grounded...and not able to go see her boyfriend for the weekend...??.....

All parents want their child to do well in school, and get upset whenever they made a bad grade (I know that I did)....

Once, one of my sons made a bad grade on his report card, and he had "big" plans for that weekend..so he told me that the report cards had not come in...and would not be in until the following week...:giggle:...so of course he was allowed to go out that weekend...but, oh my!..when I found it all out, he was grounded double-time!...

Also seems that coolgirl knows what and why and the solution to remedy that problem NOW....so hopefully there won't be a "next time"...anyhow, wishing you the best for enrolling at Gallaudet....and hoping ur parents don't come down toooo hard on you!...

My mom does not want me to tell my dad about my situation today or tomorrow because of my cousin's wedding that we are going to tomorrow. And my mom does not want my dad to drive angry. And then after a hour or so i went back downstairs to talk to my mom about it and she says shes thinking about not telling my dad about it at all because of me wanting to go to gallaudet and missing my boyfriend, and not being able to meet new people and i was depressed for a little while and my dad got angry about that and he was getting ready to kick me out. But he hasn't yet. And so My mom is disappointed that I have to retake the class again for next term and having to get more money out of her pocket to pay for that class. Espcially when she has to pay 2 car payments and my airplane ticket and for my homecoming dress. I feel absolutely bad. My parents got my sister and I a new car this past summer and I was suprised about it. And that was when I didn't want to disappoint my parents when I start school.

My mom is still furious. I feel really bad. and I still feel like a major disapointment. School started on the 27th, and the first quarter--which they call it A Term ends on october 17th, B term starts on october 18th. God, I don't know how to feel better, i could barely eat my dinner today. I almost passed out today beause of this

I can imagine how you feel...and how ur mother feels...seems ur parents love and care about you and ur sister very much.....Seems ur Father has a very "short fuse"...and ur Mother is reluctant to tell him....So perhaps waiting until after the Wedding is best ??...

I would just go to ur Mother and give her a very big and warm Hug...let her know how sorry you are about everything...and know how to remedy the situation NOW...and promise it won't happen again unless it's beyond ur control.....If it's extra help you need, tutoring, etc., then go about getting it right away....

Seems you are over 18?...(talking about ur Father kicking you out).....

Ur Father is gonna find out, regardless....but it's best to wait for a good time to talk about it....Push it aside and have a good time at the Wedding as it's supposed to be a happy occasion. And remember....this too, shall pass....you know the mistakes you've made...and best of all, know the solution to these mistakes...good luck!

I can imagine how you feel...and how ur mother feels...seems ur parents love and care about you and ur sister very much.....Seems ur Father has a very "short fuse"...and ur Mother is reluctant to tell him....So perhaps waiting until after the Wedding is best ??...

I would just go to ur Mother and give her a very big and warm Hug...let her know how sorry you are about everything...and know how to remedy the situation NOW...and promise it won't happen again unless it's beyond ur control.....If it's extra help you need, tutoring, etc., then go about getting it right away....

Seems you are over 18?...(talking about ur Father kicking you out).....

Ur Father is gonna find out, regardless....but it's best to wait for a good time to talk about it....Push it aside and have a good time at the Wedding as it's supposed to be a happy occasion. And remember....this too, shall pass....you know the mistakes you've made...and best of all, know the solution to these mistakes...good luck!

I'm 19 years old. and Yeah i know, My mom is thinking about it. My mom usually pays the bills by herself, so my dad doesn't really take a look at the bills because my mom does that. And my mom is a pretty good person to keep a secret with. So my dad hardly finds out. And I already set up a plan. I gave my mom a hug earlier and i told her i'm sorry and then when I thought my mom was okay and calmed down a little, she still didn't want to be around me and she was furious still. but she's thinking about not telling my dad.

Yep that's the one! But my parents kept saying that as a freshman and sophomore, I have to take general education classes, like Math class, English class, History class, etc. basically like the classes you take in high school. After that I can start my major.
It's possible that your parents are considering which courses are most transferable to a 4-year college. They may be putting you on a general AS or AA track rather than a major focus for your first two years.

My grandson is facing a similar situation. He wants to get a 4-year degree in pharmacy. The 2-year tech college offers a pharmacy degree but most of the major courses won't transfer to the 4-year college. However, he can get all his general "core" courses done at the 2-year college if he goes for the general associate of science degree. Then, when he transfers to the 4-year college, he will only have to take the courses in his pharmacy major.

To know which courses you should be taking now, if you are planning to transfer later, you should be comparing the degree requirements of the 4-year college with the courses that are available at your 2-year college. Then, confirm that they will transfer for credit.

There's usually not a 100% match between schools. That is, you might have a few courses extra that you take that won't be transferable but that you need for the associate degree. That's normal.

It's possible that your parents are considering which courses are most transferable to a 4-year college. They may be putting you on a general AS or AA track rather than a major focus for your first two years.

My grandson is facing a similar situation. He wants to get a 4-year degree in pharmacy. The 2-year tech college offers a pharmacy degree but most of the major courses won't transfer to the 4-year college. However, he can get all his general "core" courses done at the 2-year college if he goes for the general associate of science degree. Then, when he transfers to the 4-year college, he will only have to take the courses in his pharmacy major.

To know which courses you should be taking now, if you are planning to transfer later, you should be comparing the degree requirements of the 4-year college with the courses that are available at your 2-year college. Then, confirm that they will transfer for credit.

There's usually not a 100% match between schools. That is, you might have a few courses extra that you take that won't be transferable but that you need for the associate degree. That's normal.

right. I'm basically taking DEV classes, which is called Developmental Educational Vocational classes. And its very basic classes. When i was growing up i was behind in education with other kids due to me becoming deaf at an early age and being moved around to schools, and My parents have always been fustrated with me to get my skills up and going so that I can support myself. Math have and has always been my hardest subject from day one. and they want the best for me and I feel like I'm a disappointment beacuse my sister gets straight A's, she's 16 years old and a sophomore in high school. i wish I could be like her, but i can't. She's basically the perfect child in the family.

I feel like I'm a disappointment beacuse my sister gets straight A's, she's 16 years old and a sophomore in high school. i wish I could be like her, but i can't. She's basically the perfect child in the family.

Stop comparing yourself to others and stop saying you're a disappointment. You're not.

Laura

Good girl!....Do something very nice and special for ur Mom, even if it's just flowers....And personally, I don't like keeping secrets among families, but in this case, perhaps ur mother knows best....

Learn from ur mistake, and remember how you feel and how ur Mother feels....time will take care of everything. Seems she is very hurt so making a very special effort not to do this again....Feel sure in time, she will somewhat feel better, but assuring her that you are doing everything to not make this "mistake" again.

Back