Still want to smoke?

I know smoking is a very hard habit to break and to quit. But in the end since you all quit smoking it worth it in the end to quit. :)

Yes it does, I no longer want to put that junk in my body.I`am going to quit.

I just caught my roommate smoking again, darn, I am going to find another way to make him to quit. I made my mom (who smoked for almost 40 years), several of my friend who smoke for a long time to QUIT.
I should make my own business "HOW TO QUIT SMOKING A CIGARETTE" haha!

I just caught my roommate smoking again, darn, I am going to find another way to make him to quit. I made my mom (who smoked for almost 40 years), several of my friend who smoke for a long time to QUIT.
I should make my own business "HOW TO QUIT SMOKING A CIGARETTE" haha!

So, what's your basic technique?

saw the video, lucky I didn't smoke, (Well, I did for a short period of time last year). It was a disgusting video I have seen. Eww.

So, what's your basic technique?

My basic technique is really simple;

I hold the cigarette pack, I give him/her a cigarette one or two per day.

Take NICODERMCQ- it really works.

Try to encourage them to read book, or watch tv, or drink something like drink a water with lemon top on it instead of taking a cigarette.

Show them how bad smoking is, like videos, pictures, etc sometimes they never realized how bad it cause to their body.

Try at least 1 week without smoking, and take them to bar with heavy smokers in there. That person will feel sick from having no smoking for almost one week. They'd be like, I'm out of here. It was successful to my friends.

Everyone are different, so they may get different results.

My basic technique is really simple;

I hold the cigarette pack, I give him/her a cigarette one or two per day.

Take NICODERMCQ- it really works.

Try to encourage them to read book, or watch tv, or drink something like drink a water with lemon top on it instead of taking a cigarette.

Show them how bad smoking is, like videos, pictures, etc sometimes they never realized how bad it cause to their body.

Try at least 1 week without smoking, and take them to bar with heavy smokers in there. That person will feel sick from having no smoking for almost one week. They'd be like, I'm out of here. It was successful to my friends.

Everyone are different, so they may get different results.

That's really good techinques you have. Good luck with your future business in distrubuting "Qutting" Information to the deaf community and others. ;)

i don't think after knowing all bad effects about smoking anyone still want to smoke. if there is anyone like this i think he or she is completely mad. and if there is anybody who don't know about its effect i'm telling here for them, Smoking can wreck your lungs and reduce oxygen available for muscles and Smoking cessation is imperative in order to reverse associated ill health effects.

Smoke-free for 22 1/2 years that day as i quit it in cold turkey when i met my wife in blind date back in 1985!!!! :D

I sent this video to one of my friends - after he watched this video and said to me that he still keeps smokin'. :eek3:

Everyone knows that smoking can cause cancer when you get older, but did you know that it also has bad effects on your body right now? A cigarette contains about 4000 chemicals, many of which are poisonous. Some of the worst ones are:

Nicotine: a deadly poison

Arsenic: used in rat poison

Methane: a component of rocket fuel

Ammonia: found in floor cleaner

Cadmium: used in batteries

Carbon Monoxide: part of car exhaust

Formaldehyde: used to preserve body tissue

Butane: lighter fluid

Hydrogen Cyanide: the poison used in gas chambers

Every time you inhale smoke from a cigarette, small amounts of these chemicals get into your blood through your lungs. They travel to all the parts of your body and cause harm.

Here are some facts about what smoking cigarettes does to you:

Smoking makes you smell bad, gives you wrinkles, stains your teeth, and gives you bad breath. Smokers get 3 times more cavities than non-smokers. Smoking lowers your hormone levels.

When smokers catch a cold, they are more likely than non-smokers to have a cough that lasts a long time. They are also more likely than non-smokers to get bronchitis and pneumonia. Teen smokers have smaller lungs and a weaker heart than teen non-smokers. They also get sick more often than teens who don't smoke. sad.

My one year younger sister taught me how to smoke when I was 10 years old. I tried once out of curiously and don't like it. I don't smoke ever since... :D

My brother was a chain-smoker and gave his smoking habit up with his strong willing in January 1990. My Dad & his second wife catcopied my brother and gave their smoking habit up 2 years later after my brother in 1992. My hubby admired my brother, Dad & his wife because they were chain-smoker which my hubby doesn't. My hubby only smoked 3 to 4 cigarettes a day but it's HARD for him to give up until April 2004. He gave smoking habit up with my sons and my help at LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. They don't care about your kid. I don't think they respect your wishes not to smoke in the house because of what happened to your kid. That sounds pretty cruel. I would suggest you to find someone to take care of your kid or refuse not to go to thanksgiving dinner because of their disrespect or find something else to give them a "wake up" call.

U know what I did? I got my son's breathing treatment machine out and gave him his breathing treatment in front of everyone. Seeing my son gasp for air made them go outside and smoke. Nobody smoked inside the house! It worked!!!!! My hubby's parents' did smoke outside but the rest of the family didnt until they watched my son get his breathing treatment. Sad, isnt it?

One of my hubby's aunt (not a smoker) had an allergy attack from all the smoke in the house earlier. She had to leave.

U know what I did? I got my son's breathing treatment machine out and gave him his breathing treatment in front of everyone. Seeing my son gasp for air made them go outside and smoke. Nobody smoked inside the house! It worked!!!!! My hubby's parents' did smoke outside but the rest of the family didnt until they watched my son get his breathing treatment. Sad, isnt it?

One of my hubby's aunt (not a smoker) had an allergy attack from all the smoke in the house earlier. She had to leave.

Good for you!

I can understand how the aunt feels. I would feel the same way, too. I hate some people to smoke around me.

There's one guy I've kept tellin' to stop smokin' in his car when ever he takes me to places. He's really very stubborn. He don't think of others and their health. :roll:

I don't blame your son. I know smokin' around your son is not a good idea. He needs a clean oxygen/air around him to breathe in and out for his health. I would speak out if, they don't respect around my kids while smokin' in the house. I am glad you did do somethin' for your son. Your son needs it. :hug:

I have been smoke-free for 8 1/2 years. I had smoked one pack a day for 15 years and also had suffered a longtime secondhand smoke from my smoking parents and extended smoking family before I started smoking.

Well I`am going to do it, midnight tonight I will have my last one.I hope I can make it happen.

pepsiwoman,
Hope you can kick the habit for good. Hang in there and keep chewing all the gums once you get a craving for nicotine.

And distract yourself by doing things when the craving kicks in... Sometimes that worked.

Good luck!

pepsiwoman,
Hope you can kick the habit for good. Hang in there and keep chewing all the gums once you get a craving for nicotine.

And distract yourself by doing things when the craving kicks in... Sometimes that worked.

Good luck!

Thanks

Back