Still want to smoke?

You will not only save money and feel better, but you will also stop supporting corporations that kill people even though these corporations also own shares in other food markets.

You will not only save money and feel better, but you will also stop supporting corporations that kill people even though these corporations also own shares in other food markets.

You are right about that.Both my parents died because of it.

I've been smoke free as of one month today :) I'm on Chantix and it really works. I have NO cravings at all and don't chew gum much or snack/eat often. My fingernails are finally growing - I used to chew on them if I couldn't find time to smoke (as in stuck in traffic or whatever). For those who quit smoking - that's great and you're my role models - I hope to be like some of you guys - smoke free for 12 years or 22 years. For those who just quit - stay strong! I know it's hard and if you have support and avoid situations where you smoke and break your old habits (smoking after eating, etc) - you'll be fine!

Well it`s only been a few hours,I don`t feel bad, but, I don`t feel good either.I know I can do this because I got too.I know I will feel better,I need to stay away from smokers,tea(tea makes me want to smoke) and pepsi, and I am not going to try to eat that much today.It depends on how I feel I might not be on the computer for a couple of days. Wish me luck and thanks everybody.:fingersx: Janine

Great to know you are progressing well BelleSorrisa. :)

Pepsiwoman, I think it is great that you are taking the first step to quit. :) Be strong... Whenever you feel like having a cigarette, just think about how disappointed we will be when we find out that you have failed.. (emotional blackmail is fun) :)

Hang in there Pepsiwoman. I cant imagine what it must be like to break this habit. Once you do, you will feel so good about yourself and it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Keep it up, BelleSorria!

I am 63.. still smoking.... i enjoy smoking.... everyone have no appointment with death.. why worry about smoking... no matter if you are careful with your health... next day you could be killed by car... who knows...

I hear a lot of smokers say that you could be killed by a car, or you could even be healthy and yet die from heart attack or struck by cancer, etc. Of course, it is true, because it happens every day. We can call it an act of God; life is cruel.

However, cigarettes are manufactured to kill. At one point during the 90s cigarette companies were deliberately marketing cigarettes for gay, black and poor people. How nice and caring, they make the government look like angels. (I am not a conspiracy theorist) :)

Cigarettes remain the biggest killer in many parts of the world. Some people smoke throughout their life and live beyond the average life expectancy. But what are the odds?

I also think the video is biased/flawed, because unless you are a Myra Hindley wanna-be, nobody will smoke chain smoke so many cigarettes within such a short time. But, it is good to know a lot of smokers prefer to quit.

Good thing I'm a non-smoker and I hope this is a wake up call for smokers cuz it's not only bad for their health, but it's also bad for environment. And second-hand smoking affects everyone.

Tobacco companies are to blame because they don't give a shit about your health, all they want is profit they make... million people buy cigarettes daily and it boosts their business. It probably impossible to shut down tobacco companies when they easily win their case in lawsuit case because the smokers or secondhand smoker victims have a hard time to prove their case against the company.

They are probably clever enough to put nicotine in the system to make people addict to smoking and having side effects when they smoke.. and long term smokers having effect when they quit for a while. Hopefully one day there will be a cure to help someone quit smoking efficiently without effects. But then it wont be easy case but this video is surely a wake up call.

I been trying to give up smoking.I`am not doing a very good job at it.

Get the patch, get the gum, get hypnotized, see the acupuncturist,etc .. whatever, anything beats putting that junk into your lungs.

Back