Stay at Home Moms

I had been staying home mom for 18 years, now my kids are all grown up. No more stay home mom but I am so grateful for the choice I made for my kids and have a husband who supported me and kids. Many parents does not have that choice, wish they do all have choice but too costly nowdays for them to have one parent to stay home while their other partner to work.

I am stay at home with 4 kids....Right now I just gave a birth with Maeisa and breastfeeding her as full time until she turn 1. Also wait for kids go to school when they get older. I will consider about go bk to chef school or get a job but too early to tell about future right now.

im wondering anyone here is stay at home moms or dads cuz im a stay at home mom for the 1st time with 1 daughter im lookin to chat with deaf parents with kids or make friends

He is right.. I hate to stay home every day in the house. It makes me moody and grumpy... I loves to ge tout of the house and do something else.. Hehehe

BUT I love my kids and they needs me to spend time with them...

I hate stay home every day too. I finally found you. It been 9 years last time I see you. its me Misty.

im wondering anyone here is stay at home moms or dads cuz im a stay at home mom for the 1st time with 1 daughter im lookin to chat with deaf parents with kids or make friends

I realize your original post is several months old but I'm replying now anyways. I am a SAH Mama and loving it! I've been a SAH Mom since I was 5 mos pregnant with my 1st daughter. I stopped working on purpose because I've had a miscarriage with my 1st baby & was paranoid of going thru another one so I decided to stop working at that point & figured I'd just stop now since I wasn't planning on returning back to work after I had my baby for at least 3-6 mos but it turned out that my Husband & I were doing fine with me staying home so I remained at home where I felt I belonged. I went on to have another child & I'm still a SAH Mom. I'm hoping to have another child soon so I'll probably either continue to stay at home or maybe get a part time job, especially if there's a postition available at my daughter's school. :)

-DeafMama78

I realize your original post is several months old but I'm replying now anyways. :] I am a SAH Mom, and have been ever I had my oldest. Right now, I have two children & am still staying at home with them. But, I am thinking about working part time for a bit, at least until I have my next child. :] Hope to meet yall as I'd love to make new friends. :]

-DeafMama78

I'm a SAHM of two kids... will be looking for part-time job as soon as my youngest is old enough to be in daycare without diapers.

Hi

Hi Stay At Home Moms
I'm deaf mother of hearing daughter 6 mo old first daughter too. Stay at homes and job business online and maybe look for job out of house when Im ready. Budget are okay. She's fun to see her sitting up on couch by me seeing what she's doing with her toy. She's so joyful and fun to watch her learning. she's growing from newborn. 25 inch already. Her deaf father is outdoor sometimes and job business online sometimes too. You can contact me if you have hearing kids too? Good Day!!!

Hmmm..I've been reading a WHOLE lot about all the stay at home moms. I wonder..what about stay at home dads? I just wonder...what are your opinions about stay at home dads? If you could reverse the role(s)..would you stay at home moms have your hubby stay at home and you go to work instead?? How do you feel about men who stay home?

As for me...it is very likely I will be a stay at home dad when we have kids due to certain situations that just makes more sense financially among other issues as well.

Whatcha think??

That would be great for Dads to stay home and take care of the children and clean up the house. I am sure that many mothers want to get out of the house and get some fresh air and meet people for her work.

It would not be fair for the mothers to be slave and stuck in the house with the full of energy children - like back to the 1960's. That would be too exhausing...

I have seen on TV last summer about some fathers like the idea that made their wife's life easier.

If your husband refused to change lifestyle, then that could be a problem. He probably is a jerk if he does not respect you even a very difficult decision to get a divorce. What do you think?

That wouldnt be a problem with me. I like that idea that the Dad stay at home too. So that the father will understand what it is like to be home with the kids and taking care of the house while the mothers goes to work. We the parent should get the idea what it is all about.

I was a stay at home mum, long time ago now - but I just LOVED every second of it and it was ME who saw the 1st steps and the heard the 1st words, it was just wonderful, and I think that what is the reason for bringing children into this world if SOMEONE ELSE raises them !!!! I dont get that. My children are grown up now and i am so so so thankful that I was able to stay at home with them ( I did childminding as an income ) now they are 21 and 24 and my daughter is having her 1st baby this year.... yipeeeeee - cant wait.......

I am a part time so is my hubby. We both agree that we will work. For example, he would work in the day time and I would work during the evening (once a week).

But in the near future, there is a community college near our home, my husband is considering to return to college to complete his education. I fully support him to complete his education and I need to complete mine. We are figuring it out how we can work with the children and a baby that I am gonna have in a few months while we will be returning to school. It is possible I ll let my husband to complete his first then I ll do mine so that way someone in this family can support our family.

BUT children will come first for their needs, education and etc. We definitely will put them FIRST. When things will go smoothly, then we will start with our goals.

My feeling, I can't be a stay home mom. I am very industrious person and I would love to stay home and work also. ( I would go CRAZY) So I would do both that way I will feel more balance with staying home and working.

Thats about it.

I was a stay at home mum, long time ago now - but I just LOVED every second of it and it was ME who saw the 1st steps and the heard the 1st words, it was just wonderful, and I think that what is the reason for bringing children into this world if SOMEONE ELSE raises them !!!! I dont get that. My children are grown up now and i am so so so thankful that I was able to stay at home with them ( I did childminding as an income ) now they are 21 and 24 and my daughter is having her 1st baby this year.... yipeeeeee - cant wait.......

Many people cant afford to stay home and raise their children due to rising costs of houses, gas, utilities, and more. It is now considered a luxury to be able to stay home with children. Many mothers would love to but if the family cant live on a single income then no choice.

I am a stay home mom and I also work from home as well. I rather watch my baby daughter grow until she olde enough to attend school. She is only 11 months old so I don't want to miss out on anything she does. My child comes first in my life so I rather stay at home mom for her. :)

My husband Preston was stay at home Dad when Tristan was first born up to 6 months while I was going to school. But now we're both stay at home parents...I have been stay at home Mother since June 2006 and is still going on. I will most likely be stay at home mother until Tristan goes to Kingergarden in 2010 or maybe longer if we have another kid by then.

Preston and I work at home so we rarely leave home at all for work and this works out perfect because we love to be at home with with our son, Tristan. :) And we never missed out Tristan's first achivement such as like when he first crawled, first walked, first said the word, first run and so on. We know there are lot of parents out there that missed out on that due to work and Daycare. Preston missed out on his Daughter's first year due to him being stationed in Sudui Abrina during the Gulf War and his late wife and daughter back in US. So he didn't want to miss out second time with his son so he stayed at home... :)

I'm happy to hear that you're looking to meet other parents and friends. When I stayed at home, I became isolated from family and friends. It was unhealthy. Be sure to find a support group with circle of friends who can share your parent experiences with you :). You will find a lot of folks at alldeaf are really nice and will make wonderful friends. Best wishes for you and your baby girl.

About me. I don't have a kids yet. If I'm become a mother. I rather to stay at home mom for my new baby. My new husband wanted me to stay at home for first mom while he is at working and school. I am plan to get pregnant after my liver test result.

About me. I don't have a kids yet. If I'm become a mother. I rather to stay at home mom for my new baby. My new husband wanted me to stay at home for first mom while he is at working and school. I am plan to get pregnant after my liver test result.

How will you know if your husband goes out to a bar to get away from you once a while? deafbajagal is right about the comment.

Please never let him to tell you what to do. It's your life. You know taking care of a baby is a LOT of work and energy because it is just like a slave for 8 years. Actually, he should be responsible to take care of your baby when you need a break. You would not want to be in the 1960's what the mothers were slavery. Hope that helps. ;)

Back