SSI over paid me.

BartSimpsx24x

Reaction score
I moved here when I was 6 year old. My parents were full time students so I was able to collect SSI for approximately 1-2 years. During that time, SSI over paid me. Now, that I am 18 and I am collecting benefits on my own as adult. They (SSI) are deducting money monthly from my check.

WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE???:mad: :mad:

So, that's why my parents doesn't trust to the government...cause I don't get SSI. Right? I'm 19...still don't have SSI. Think I should get SSI?

Been there, I warned many people and mostly don't listen to me! I hate these SSA always play with numbers and try everything to get money back.

If you are going college then it is good reason so you could focus full time student and part time job. Some SSI rule will apply to you. You just need talk to SSI before you do it. They can let you work part time up to 300 dollar a month. So that way you can have better refer for future job.

So, that's why my parents doesn't trust to the government...cause I don't get SSI. Right? I'm 19...still don't have SSI. Think I should get SSI?

Been there, I warned many people and mostly don't listen to me! I hate these SSA always play with numbers and try everything to get money back.

Well, Some people need SSI for College reason and a life reason. I need a SSI because I am attend to College and I don't have job.

If you are going college then it is good reason so you could focus full time student and part time job. Some SSI rule will apply to you. You just need talk to SSI before you do it. They can let you work part time up to 300 dollar a month. So that way you can have better refer for future job.

That True.

I Wish I Had Work

I got SSI when I was 18 years old ....I found out just now that if I had work and not got SSI....I could earns more money from SSDI.....

A person I know worked for 18 years got $1,500. amonth from SSDI...

If you works for 20 years you gets $2,000. amonth from SSDI...

I wish I had job then I could stop working after 20 years or more, I could have alots more money today.

My SSI is not enough to make a living, I should have work!:pissed:

Last edited:
I got SSI when I was 18 years old ....I found out just now that if I had work and not got SSI....I could earns more money from SSDI.....

A person I know worked for 18 years got $1,500. amonth from SSDI...

If you works for 20 years you gets $2,000. amonth from SSDI...

I wish I had job then I could stop working after 20 years or more, I could have alots more money today.

My SSI is not enough to make a living, I should have work!:pissed:

Don't feel rude from me. I just wonder, how old are you right now? What purpose/reason you got SSI?

I know that MOST oklahoma school for the deaf right now all student have SSI. Most they finish with school and didn't went work or college. It upset and want see them successful. I can't understand sometime. I used to have SSI while I went college.

I have got various reason but I do support for college reason. Due we are lack pay attention. we have to look interpreter and not teacher. Sound not fair, but college where is deaf campus is easier but money costs!

It no equal as fairness with college around on this USA.

Well, Some people need SSI for College reason and a life reason. I need a SSI because I am attend to College and I don't have job.

Same here while I was at Gallaudet and then I got the letter saying I was overpaid. Tried to appeal..no luck so now I am paying them back. I should have saved the money they sent me after I got my job and used it to pay it all back. :pissed:

Yeah, you have to watch out for Uncle Sam, they overpaid me for 6 months when I was in the military and I had to pay alot back. You have to double/triple check their math all the time.

Don't feel rude from me. I just wonder, how old are you right now? What purpose/reason you got SSI?

I know that MOST oklahoma school for the deaf right now all student have SSI. Most they finish with school and didn't went work or college. It upset and want see them successful. I can't understand sometime. I used to have SSI while I went college.

It is true! Because they had no good education. I thank my parents was strict that I leave OSD and went to other school with deaf education where hearing school public. 80 percent deaf people not work in Oklahoma. I am very disappointment that.

I have got various reason but I do support for college reason. Due we are lack pay attention. we have to look interpreter and not teacher. Sound not fair, but college where is deaf campus is easier but money costs!

It no equal as fairness with college around on this USA.

Just check on her profile.

I moved here when I was 6 year old. My parents were full time students so I was able to collect SSI for approximately 1-2 years. During that time, SSI over paid me. Now, that I am 18 and I am collecting benefits on my own as adult. They (SSI) are deducting money monthly from my check.

WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE???:mad: :mad:

If you got a letter from them that you owe them back... there should be a WAIVER sheet where you can explain why you don't agree that you should have to pay back from when you were 6 (?). I do know you should have a letter stating that if you don't agree with it.. you sign them and mail it back to them.. they'll send you another letter and you'll have to fill them out and answer the questions. My boyfriend got the same thing about 7 years ago and used a waiver sheet to see if they can drop what he owes. Its got to be a good reason! It sucks and alot of paperwork too. If you really want to do this.. you got to go thru it. good luck!

Back