SSI over paid me.

I understand that. I know deafs are limited what they can do so they are stuck with a low paying job. It is not easy for a deaf person to get any job they want. Possible but not easy. I can't be a 911 operator if I wanted it. And so many jobs require good phone skills as it is very important to help their business grow (they will test you on how well you use the phone before they hire you). Consumers can be very impatient so if they have to wait on a relay service, they would leave and do business with someone else.

If work at Wal-Mart don't require to skill on phone, same with Target, Best Buy, Bed, Bath, Beyond, JCPenney, Circuit City and other more aren't require but... if you want work at gas station then would be one of them.

Only one problem, Wal-Mart don't let me to work in cashier area because require to hear via beeps or something like from cashier, that look stupid to me but cashier can be in dangerous at overnight.

If work at Wal-Mart don't require to skill on phone, same with Target, Best Buy, Bed, Bath, Beyond, JCPenney, Circuit City and other more aren't require but... if you want work at gas station then would be one of them.

Only one problem, Wal-Mart don't let me to work in cashier area because require to hear via beeps or something like from cashier, that look stupid to me but cashier can be in dangerous at overnight.
Are those positions that deaf people can work at high paying jobs???
Ok...yes, deaf people can work at those places but the question is will the top people at those places give deaf people positions of running the stores like store managers? I think deaf people can but the problem is that the hearing people who r responsible for hiring in the higher paying positions of those store are more likely to say that deaf people r incapable of being in charge of the stores due to phone work which I know can be accodommated to meet our needs. The problem is many people r not willing to try to make those accodomations.

When I was about 19 years or so I tried to get a job at Walmart. (this was when I was in better health) They wouldn't hire me! Guess what they said when I asked them why?

"We cannot hire you because you cannot hear."

I hate that!

And I tried to get a job at a food supermarket. They said "You need to be able to hear announcements over the loudspeakers such as 'cleanup in aisle 4".

GRRRR!

When I was about 19 years or so I tried to get a job at Walmart. (this was when I was in better health) They wouldn't hire me! Guess what they said when I asked them why?

I hate that!

And I tried to get a job at a food supermarket. They said "You need to be able to hear announcements over the loudspeakers such as 'cleanup in aisle 4".

GRRRR!

I know..my brother, when he was 20, tried to get a job at some store and they had similar reasons for not hiring him he contact the deaf agency for discrimination but I can't remember why it wasn't folowed thru. I will have to ask him what really happened. He was so pissed and returned to the store wearing a sign saying "I can't work here due to my deafness!!!" for like 2 days until the cops were called and ordered him off the property. That was like 11 years ago..

Did u contact the ADa office about not getting hired?

I know..my brother, when he was 20, tried to get a job at some store and they had similar reasons for not hiring him he contact the deaf agency for discrimination but I can't remember why it wasn't folowed thru. I will have to ask him what really happened. He was so pissed and returned to the store wearing a sign saying "I can't work here due to my deafness!!!" for like 2 days until the cops were called and ordered him off the property. That was like 11 years ago..

Did u contact the ADa office about not getting hired?

No, never did due to being too busy trying to find a job that would hire me.

I hate that!

GRRRR!

Holy shit, that's soo painful.

I don't understand that Wal-Mart did hired me for stocking and doesn't hire other deaf people, that make looks sad for us.

Are those positions that deaf people can work at high paying jobs???
Ok...yes, deaf people can work at those places but the question is will the top people at those places give deaf people positions of running the stores like store managers? I think deaf people can but the problem is that the hearing people who r responsible for hiring in the higher paying positions of those store are more likely to say that deaf people r incapable of being in charge of the stores due to phone work which I know can be accodommated to meet our needs. The problem is many people r not willing to try to make those accodomations.

Not mostly likely to get one until deaf people that work at Wal-Mart for many years, around like 10 years when their salaries went higher as more paying from job. It does same with hearing people that require to work for many years to become asst. managers, also Wal-Mart does have more than 6 asst. managers, all different from shift, 1st to 3rd. I haven't ask my asst. manager about any deaf people who became asst. manager at Wal-Mart.

I have going to apply again for Best Buy since nobody call me in 45 days, that's pain ass but not ask why.

The main REASON is why they overpay you. They needs their job to keep and that means they need to maintain keeping their "repeated" clients. No clients, no referrals, they will lose a job. " They must have a reason why they need to waste federal $$$$. The Gvt normally cuts off the program that does try to save money and not to use funds. They decide this program is not needed.

Back