ssi - anyone?

i dont get it.

do you realize that the educaton standard in deaf schools are considered alot less comparing to education standard established in hearing schools?

in my opinion, SSI is established for that purpose - until the government find a way to improve the deaf education to equal standard comparing to the ones provided in public schools THAT way the deaf students'd have equal chance to earn a decent job. but SINCE that's not the case, nearly 90 percent of the deaf population cant even pass their regents (required for college) because their school system failed them. only the 10 percent were lucky enough to be put in a system that applies to their strength that enables them to catch up.

i dont understand what you people are thinking.

You serious?

I applied for the tuition waiver a week after I moved down here and they approved it for me in 2 weeks. (that was 2 years ago) I plan to use the tuition waiver to hopefully go to school this fall, if my health issues are taken care of by then.

Wishing you luck on that Lucia!

If you have read his post, you will see that he is attending college and in my past experience that being a deaf person attending college and using all the time and my enegry trying keep up in a classroom that holding a job while in college is next to impossible for a deaf person to juggle both.

So those remarks are clearly an insult to him when he could use the assistance of SSI to aid him going thur college allowing him to have a better job when he finish college and never need to be on SSI again.

:gpost:!

You should be old enough to manage your own budget - Sheesh.

Sara1981 isn't one of the people who are intelligence, if you read her first post she said "I'm not smart enough, to budget my money"

There's many adults who aren't intelligence, so give her a break ok? :)

Sara1981 isn't one of the people who are intelligence, if you read her first post she said "I'm not smart enough, to budget my money"

There's many adults who aren't intelligence, so give her a break ok? :)

jclarke give me hard time! and i dont appericate for that

my mom is guardian and she can handle my taxes and SSI

SSI is matter or not

Some of this member post tell you "GET JOB!" ignore them only if you really want focus on college and quick to get graduated. It is good choice but however while you are on SSI and you can work part time for employee history attend.

I read somewhere but I am waiting to see that happen. They are planning that SSA add for hearing to get their second income for college student purpose due we begin lose people who doesn't have study degree. Their reason they stop attend college because kid come in their life or health condition or whatever reason that prevent them to complete the college degree or the program. It social security college student income. However; they haven't decide on base policy yet but I do support both for who want more time with college than "party head" I know one person who are actually doing depend on living is party house while in college. I think it crazy... however they, the roommates, managed fine.

Other than that those other people who have SSI for life and it is not recommend because we don't know when money fund from SSI began to run out. Too many happen or story they say that often and seem never happen to us who is on SSI.

The SSDI is totally different from SSI and can work the job maximum income 900 dollars per months which its perfect for full time mother and able focus on kids. SSDI is different than SSI because SSI can be on and off. SSDI, if you decide to stop or not use it and no return.

I know some people live that high living and share 5 people in one house who are all on SSI. They have to pay 200 dollars to pay house payment for 1,000 monthly.

I see terrible thing but it not wisely tapped and stay with SSI for no reason.

It doesn't matter two job mean success.... mean you can handle and while who don't handle. Everyone has different skill of ability that doesn't mean they aren't human.

Back