SS, welfare, medicare to be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
The co-chairmen of President Barack Obama’s debt-reduction commission will propose cuts to Social Security and Medicare, as well as reductions in income tax rates in exchange for curbing tax breaks, according to a Republican aide who attended the meeting.

:laugh2: I love it! He's saying, "Okay, I'll give you what you want. Now here are the consequences. Ready to accept that?" You go Obama. Call people on their illogical demands.

And watch out for tea baggers - how's that workin' for ya? You demanded it... ok! The rich gets to keep making bucks while you lose. :)

Sounds like Rs and Ds agree
“This is not a package that I could support,” Representative Jan Schakowsky, an Illinois Democrat, said during a break in a private meeting by the commission. She said any package able to win 14 votes on the panel would have to look “very different” from the options being discussed. Senator Dick Durbin, an Illinois Democrat, called the plan a “starting point for the conversation.”

“We’re not going to have an up-or-down vote on this,” said Durbin. “There are proposals in there that are painful. I told them I said there are things in here which inspire me and other things which I hate like the devil hates holy water. I’m not going to vote for those things.”

Some Republicans also expressed skepticism that the report would survive in its current form. New Hampshire Senator Judd Gregg called the plan a “starting point.” Representative Jeb Hensarling of Texas said “some of it I like, some of it disturbs me.”

Oh why should I care about D and R? Teabaggers rule!

And watch out for tea baggers - how's that workin' for ya? You demanded it... ok! The rich gets to keep making bucks while you lose. :)

No doubt. When are people going to grasp the fact that they are getting exactly what they have said they wanted?

cut cut cut!

so true!

36.jpg

I should be getting my first check next month.... :)

And the retirement age could moved up to age 68 years old! You may have to work longer and get less SS ! This is because of the way people voted in the election ! The teabaggers are going screw you over!

And the retirement age could moved up to age 68 years old! You may have to work longer and get less SS ! This is because of the way people voted in the election ! The teabaggers are going screw you over!

:lol: First this is by obama's debt commission. Second it says raise the age to 68 by the year 2050......most people here don't have to worry too much about it. You sound like the people in France. Thing is....nobody is forced to work that long.,,,,start saving now.

:lol: First this is by obama's debt commission. Second it says raise the age to 68 by the year 2050......most people here don't have to worry too much about it. You sound like the people in France. Thing is....nobody is forced to work that long.,,,,start saving now.

in2050 i would be 70 and don't know if i'll be alive at that age lol since i had 3 open heart surgery and i am only 30 lol

I did not hear that part about the year 2050 on the news , . And the news said the SS cuts had to with the election.

That's the news for ya.... :lol: We need SS cuts big time though.....

not just ss just remember our over paid lawmakers needs a big pay cut!!!!!! they get cola pay raises and people on ss do not for 2 yrs thats not fair to our senior citizen......

I believe that Republicans did cut SS, Medicare and some of government departments, especially USDA during 1990's so nothing is new.

We need look at defense spending too.

You are unaffected because of SSDI so you need work so longer to receive this benefit, usually 10 years of work.

No, the election had nothing to do with that. SS has been going down the tubes for many years.

The SS pot is getting drained because recipients are living longer than originally expected, so payouts have increased, and the pool of workers putting money into the pot has been reduced, so each one has to give more.

What do you expect to happen when less money goes in and more money comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back