SS, welfare, medicare to be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally set up, SS was base on the principal that younger workers would be paying into SS while the retired older workers enjoyed the fruit of their labor. But, the catch is, over time we have not be come an unemployment nation (although that is part of the problem), we have become a nation of public assistance. Those on PA do not pay into SS and through time become a burden not on SS but on society as a whole.

And it just gets better.. not only that they want to cut social services, they want to raise taxes on gas, cut federal work force by 10%, cut farm subsidaires by $3 billion, get rid of mortgage ductions, and LOWER corporate tax rate!!!

P1-AY182B_Defic_NS_20101110222001.gif

Keep in mind that it's just a starting point. It's likely some won't be implemented.

It seems to me that we ought to first things first. Like an audit of the whole system. Fat chance of that happening, though.

And it just gets better.. not only that they want to cut social services, they want to raise taxes on gas, cut federal work force by 10%, cut farm subsidaires by $3 billion, get rid of mortgage ductions, and LOWER corporate tax rate!!!

P1-AY182B_Defic_NS_20101110222001.gif

Keep in mind that it's just a starting point. It's likely some won't be implemented.

Where is you source?? Who is they??

Looks very much like the advice from obama's commission. If so you left several things, like the end of business tax deductions which would actually result in a net increase in corporate taxes.

What is wrong with raising taxes on gas......are you against having good safe roads???

And no more mortgage deduction on houses over $500,000.....you should love that....they are hitting the rich

Where is you source?? Who is they??

Looks very much like the advice from obama's commission. If so you left several things, like the end of business tax deductions which would actually result in a net increase in corporate taxes.

What is wrong with raising taxes on gas......are you against having good safe roads???

And no more mortgage deduction on houses over $500,000.....you should love that....they are hitting the rich

YUP!!! I want GOOD SAFE ROAD so let increase the gas tax. :mad2:

...What is wrong with raising taxes on gas......are you against having good safe roads???
Will there be a guarantee that the gas tax will be used only for roads, and will be raised only enough to meet that need? Can we be assured that the tax won't be used to control gas use? Will a gas tax be regulated by each state to insure that it's appropriate for that state? :dunno:

Will there be a guarantee that the gas tax will be used only for roads, and will be raised only enough to meet that need? Can we be assured that the tax won't be used to control gas use? Will a gas tax be regulated by each state to insure that it's appropriate for that state? :dunno:

Good point......I mean question. :)

Yes, I am all for increased taxes BUT the rich should pay more taxes, no question about it. We are SO seriously undertaxed and we CANNOT support our own infrastructure at all unless we raise taxes to pay for it.

One more thing, it's a proposal - it's likely that some of the suggestions won't be passed.

Sorry that I forgot to include the link.

Deficit Panel's Leaders Push Cuts
Proposal to Save $3.8 Trillion Targets Medicare, Pentagon, Middle-Class Tax Breaks

Doesn't that mean anything? You kept harping on how we should cut on spending.

ugh forgot the link again!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...87042.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

Really, it's not a revenue problem, it's a spending problem we have here.

Is "audit" a dirty word? Our payroll taxes are spent as soon as they are received, and there is no clear answer as to where they go.

Yes, I am all for increased taxes BUT the rich should pay more taxes, no question about it. We are SO seriously undertaxed and we CANNOT support our own infrastructure at all unless we raise taxes to pay for it.

One more thing, it's a proposal - it's likely that some of the suggestions won't be passed.

Proposal to Save $3.8 Trillion Targets Medicare, Pentagon, Middle-Class Tax Breaks

Deficit Panel's Leaders Push Cuts - WSJ.com

It's likely none of the suggestions will pass.

Personally I like most of them. The reduction in Corporate tax rate and top bracket tax rate comes with ending deductions..... It's a net increase in taxes for both. I have no problem with that....I wouldn't think you would either. Seems fair to me.

No problem on the link....you usually post them. It's good to see where the info comes from though.

Deficit Panel's Leaders Push Cuts - WSJ.com

but.... why do we have to keep paying tax if it's being mismanaged?

Is "audit" a dirty word? Our payroll taxes are spent as soon as they are received, and there is no clear answer as to where they go.

We kinda agree.....I am all for an audit.

But in reality....this is the government we are talking about. It's doubtful there would be much truth in an audit.......no matter who is in office.

But in reality....this is the government we are talking about. It's doubtful there would be much truth in an audit.......no matter who is in office.

and this audit is going to cost us $$$$$$$$$$$$ anyway

Exactly. We are being scammed and I don't see any difference in HOW we want the money to be spent. It is all going the way as engineered. Unsettling thought, eh?

why is that people don't trust their own government? It's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back